Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Tophats: Squirreloid wins! - Page 17 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 20th, 2010, 12:49 AM

Grijalva

Default Re: Tophats - The Gentleman's Game

Wow, I was just making some rather light hearted assertions, but I see that you take my thesis rather seriously...but really, who are you trying to kid?

Quote:
That research lead? Yeah. We had to research fricking Ench 9 to cast Thetis Blessing to stop you from winning. Yeah, we've got a lot of research, but much of it was spent accomplishing silly things.
So you have researched ench 9 AND construction 8, are you trying to strengthen my argument, or did that just slip out?

Quote:
Our vaunted gem income? Mostly F. Seriously. Oh, it burns, it BURNS! (Literally!)
Haha, I guess we should all just take your word for it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
What? Nehekhara threatening? Ha!

And as to three capitals, well, it was either let you keep it (and thus have 3 capitals), let Vanheim take it (and thus have 3 capitals), or I took it (and thus had 3 capitals). So someone had to have 3 capitals. On the plus side, I have few neighbors, am at peace with 2 of them, and thus you know exactly where the next capital I can aim for without causing a political incident is. So I am by far the safest owner of 3 capitals in the game, because my options are the most limited.

Any rational player will see your warmongering for what it is - a shameless attempt to reclaim your third capital and make another play for a 4th one.
Yes, its true I had capitals, but I never even came close to taking Shinuyama - we were fighting a brutal war though, so I'm sure he was happy for your help- and I certainly never made a "play" for it.

YOU, on the other hand, now have three capitals AND :

Artifacts

Ench 9

The highest research lead by FAR

the highest GEM income

A powerful land army and a large border with three other nations.

Any rational player can see that you just want everyone to look the other way while you build up your forces for a quick dash to Vanheim, Arco, Shinuyama or my own capital.

In fact, its quite easy to see that you are the most dangerous nation to have 3 caps and I don't need to call it shameless to make that point.
Old April 20th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Ench 9 was obvious from having cast Thetis's Blessing. Everyone knew that already.

Similarly, my large F income is obvious because of the Pillar of Fire global.

I mean, its not like i've been making any statements that aren't independently verifiable.

My research lead isn't that big when you figure a lot of that lead was spent on crap like Ench 9. I mean, I'm not *that* far ahead of, say, you.

I should also note that you demonstrably have Conj 8, which I do not. Heck, you may well have Conj 9. Speaking of guilty consciences, your quip about tarts might be revealing of your own motives, eh?

And making a quick dash for the capital of nations I have standing treaties with? Ha! Nothing quick about that. I, sir, am a man... err... well-embalmed corpse of my word.
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:04 AM

Grijalva

Too true, these are all more or less verifiable facts.

I justed wanted to list them in one place to make the situation very clear.

You can downplay ench-9 all you want, but being the first to artifacts and being able to get the best is a game-changer. Which is why you don't mention that in your retorts.

Also you're research lead isn't getting any smaller, not for most nations.

I have no death magic and as everyone probably knows, my pretender doesn't have ANY magic, so no, I can't pursue a tartarian strat.

Anyway, I think we've laid the facts pretty bare. True gentlemen can decide for themselves what the best course of action is.
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grijalva View Post
You can downplay ench-9 all you want, but being the first to artifacts and being able to get the best is a game-changer. Which is why you don't mention that in your retorts.
Someone else is already to artifacts as well. Its not like I'm the only one. I don't know who it is, but I am quite capable of noticing when stuff is already forged, and that I didn't make it.
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:45 AM

Grijalva

Quote:
Someone else is already to artifacts as well. Its not like I'm the only one. I don't know who it is, but I am quite capable of noticing when stuff is already forged, and that I didn't make it.
Ha, that would be funny if it was me.

Sadly, no...
Old April 30th, 2010, 03:39 AM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

I have ROTC basically all weekend (31-32), so if it would be possible to make sure I don't stale that would be great.
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:30 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanator View Post
I have ROTC basically all weekend (31-32), so if it would be possible to make sure I don't stale that would be great.
Sure, I'll keep an eye on the game.
Old May 7th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Major General

Brettonia has a serious staling problem. Is it time to look for a substitute?

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old May 7th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll try to contact Alpine Joe first. If I don't get a response saturday, I'll start the search for a sub.
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Sergeant

Alpine Joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Quote:
I'll try to contact Alpine Joe first. If I don't get a response saturday, I'll start the search for a sub.
I'm in the game and still ready to play. The hosting just happens to occur during my sleeping time, and while I have the turn ready, I always wait to send it in because I am in the middle of war....I honestly have every turn completed, then wake up and realize I never sent it in. On the same note, would it be possible to slightly increase the hosting interval?