.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 6th, 2009, 05:21 PM

Private

Chromatism is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Hello everyone.

This is going to come off as slightly weird, as I may or may not have introduced myself before in the past. I honestly can't remember! So regardless, it was such a long time ago that I feel its probably appropriate to do so once more.

I'm 21 from the UK, currently doing a little extra work to earn my place in Bolton University to study... what else? Games Design. Aside from which I've actually been in possession of my Dominions 3 copy for quite some time, though I shamefully admit I haven't yet really delved into its depth, mysteries and probable online spankings.

I've just been umm-ing and ah-ing my way through the tutorial now that the comforting and informative step by step turn text has let go of my hand. So after a good run, realising such important facts as: you can only cast rituals at Labs due to the stock of magic gems, I'm slowly gaining an understanding of how things are panning out.

Still curious about artifact creation and construction, though I'm sure the rather thick and imposing manual will shed some light on it.

Either way, its great to meet you all... And hopefully I can pluck up the courage to get my nether regions handed to me by one of you no doubt fine Pretenders out there.

Cheers! - Chrome
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM

Private

Drok'Slit is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm Drok'Slit, 18 year old in McAllen, Texas, US. I tried the demo for dominions 3 and almost instantly fell in love with the game. My hobbies include tabletop gaming, and RPGs. I play Warhammer 40,000 and I like to play World of Darkness. I hope on learning more from the Moding community here and have dreams to hopefully make a Warhammer Orc/Ork playable nation so I can have a Proper WAAAGH! in dominions. Hopefully you all will be hearing more from me in this forum.
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:42 AM

Corporal

Marmaduke is on a distinguished road

Hiya,
I am 32, French and working in Dublin. I love Dom3 and I am a new player.
Thanks for all the interesting posts on the board!
Marmaduke
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:47 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

Welcome Drok'Slit and Marmaduke!! Nice to have you. Drok, you might want to talk to Sombre, he's been making Warhammer nations for Dom 3 for a while now, he could be really helpful.
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:02 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Also Aezeal has made an Ork nation for his Dominions 3000 mod. I haven't played it though.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old May 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Wasn't Okin working on a warhammer orc mod? Haven't seen him post in a while though, so no telling where he is with that. You might be able to use some of the sprites he had to help you along. Just send him a pm or drop a line in his mod's thread if you're interested.
Old May 30th, 2009, 01:47 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyg View Post
Well, this is more of a farewell than a hello I'm afraid as I've already played out most of my interest in Dominions 3. First and foremost I enjoy getting a given game to run on obscure hardware and OS although Dominions 3 ran as though it had been developed under Linux I followed that 2 minutes of thrill by ~6 months of SP games, jumped into MP briefly (still prefer SP), and then explored modding a little although I was pretty disappointed there.
Sorry to (just) hear about your leaving. You were magnificent in Noobs vs Vets I.

Hello and welcome melnorjr, Marmaduke, and everyone else.

Noobs vs. Vets III: Revolution
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:04 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, this is more of a farewell than a hello
Oh, I'm afraid to hear that.

Quote:
In the future I will be spending more of my gaming time on open source games (playing and developing), where I can make the changes I want and play the game I want to play. Cost of the game has nothing to do with it.
Make sure to come back here and tell about it when you have something.

Ciao!
Emergency comic relief
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM

Private

RegnorVex is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone. I am 56, married 30 years (this year!), a father of 3, and a very active gamer. IRL I am a criminal lawyer, which means that I defend liberty and freedom and work hard to prevent the government from over-reaching into our lives.

I've been gaming since 1978 when I bought my first Apple computer. I taught myself assembly language programming, wrote a hit software product (InfoWorld Product of the Year 1994) and founded a successful software company, which I later sold before retiring to play Magic: the Gathering on the Pro circuit with 2 of my kids for about 2-3 years.

I'm an MMO junkie and was in the early beta of UO, EverQuest, Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, and EverQuest II. My wife and I have also played WoW, Tabula Rasa, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeon and Dragons Online, and are currently playing EVE Online. The whole family has played a number of LAN games together, including every genre imaginable from FPS to RTS to RPG to TBS) and we've had great fun gaming together.

I've always been a TBS junkie and still have my original copies of X-Com, MoM, and MoO. So Dom was a natural, although I have to admit I struggled with early iterations of the UI. At this point in my life our kids are all moved out and in college so I only play when my wife plays, so the two of us will only play multiplayer games. She's not into long complex games, she is more of an MMO player or a quick hack'n'slash, so I've never been able to interest her much in Dom or other TBS. So I don't get to come play Dom very often anymore. But every once in a while I come back and visit and have some fun.

So here I am. This time I thought I'd introduce myself when I saw this thread. Thanks for reading it, and thanks for providing a forum for letting us get to know each other!
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:02 PM

First Lieutenant

Dragar is on a distinguished road

Hi Regnorvex, thanks for stopping by and letting us get to know you.

I strongly recommend joining a multiplayer game or two from this forum, it should become very addictive very quickly

I imagine your professional skills came in very useful handling rules lawyers on the MtG circuit