Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Sign of the Hammer - A Warhammer Mod Game. Game on! - Page 13 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 1st, 2009, 05:00 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sign of the Hammer - A Warhammer Mod Game. Game on!

Ok, so game is over, I presume?

How did you guys like the settings of the game, like the map or the victory conditions?

I'm just wondering on what changes should I make when I create the sequel game (likely replacing the problematic Chaos mod with Dwarfs). Pre-placed starts are also in my mind for the next game.

Trumator, I replied to your nation feedback in the Bretonnia thread.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:02 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

A few balance issues for Itza, mostly fairly minor. Overall I think it's good.

The various sacred summons should arrive in smaller numbers but wear some kind of armour (so they can get an earth blessing). I'd suggest giving them all low-Prot ceremonial armour, making them 2/3 as numerous, except for the flying ones (Tepok) which should be 1/2 as numerous. The Lorescale is way better than all of the other spawn leaders that I summoned (there were a few I didn't try), since he flies *and* has a ridiculous MR, which is better than being Mindless in almost every way.

I didn't really test any of the blood stuff.

The recruitable sacreds should probably be capital-only, although most games this won't make a huge difference since your forts and temples are SO EXPENSIVE.

I happened to crush all comers this game but that was more a mix of craven diplomacy and map placement than that Itza is overpowered.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:11 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post

The recruitable sacreds should probably be capital-only
I agree with this point. Not really from a balance standpoint, more like aesthetical point. Since Itza really has no need for awake/rainbow pretender you will go bless 100% of the time (nothing wrong with that, Mictlan works like that too). However, what bugs me is that Temple Guards are way way better than anything else you can recruit. There are all these cool units (like Kroxidors) you will never use because TG are just a plain better choice (both in terms of upkeep and overall combat effectiveness).

If TG would be cap-only, I *might* have seen some other units than some chameleon skinks and hordes of temple guards when fighting Dr.P.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Yeah, in my game I used red-crested skinks, kroxigors and stegadons when I was fighting the skavens, and saurus warriors (for the magic weapons and higher strength) and archers/blowgunners to supplement my armies when I was fighting stygia. I actually used almost no temple guard to kill the skavens, and just used them defensively/to grab indies. If I had build everywhere temple guard though, I would have been hard-pressed to come up with a really good reason to use much else. They are just that good.

What was your bless, by the way? And did you ever get to summoning any of the spawn of xhotl?
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:07 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

He definitely had some Xhotl, because I remember killing a bunch of them. I wasn't really using the kind of stuff they're good against - I think they died more to rigor mortis than anything else. I also had flaming arrows up, which as you know they don't like too much.

I think the temple guard and sacred spawnings have indeed taken over too much for Lizardmen, so I'll be scaling (haw haw) them back. I am still reluctant to make them cap only, but it does seem like it would be very effective in changing the way itza plays. I may even make the 5th gen Slann cap only as well - I don't think this would actually make a massive difference (since they're so expensive) and would work fine thematically with temple guard being cap only.
Old December 14th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

I would like to reiterate how brutally unfair the nekehara scorpion pretender thing is. Enc. 0 size 6 trampler available from turn 1 is just brutal, and there is nothing in the game that can kill it that early.
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:01 PM

BANNED USER

Your own size 6 pretender with a forged weapon and shield?
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
He definitely had some Xhotl, because I remember killing a bunch of them. I wasn't really using the kind of stuff they're good against - I think they died more to rigor mortis than anything else. I also had flaming arrows up, which as you know they don't like too much.

I think the temple guard and sacred spawnings have indeed taken over too much for Lizardmen, so I'll be scaling (haw haw) them back. I am still reluctant to make them cap only, but it does seem like it would be very effective in changing the way itza plays. I may even make the 5th gen Slann cap only as well - I don't think this would actually make a massive difference (since they're so expensive) and would work fine thematically with temple guard being cap only.
Yeah, nehekhara is not really the ideal person to use xhotl on, as fire is pretty much all they do. Rigor mortis is certainly not really their forte either.

I still like the dormant slann auto/domsummon of them better, but making them cap only is certainly the easiest fix balance-wise. Making 5th gen slann cap only would make them almost completely not worth recruiting, but it probably wouldn't make too much difference overall, no. And I agree that it is thematically sensible.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM

BANNED USER

Well I'd probably increase the cost difference between 5th and 4th gen slann to make up for it.