World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old December 4th, 2015, 07:32 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with version 9.1

Hello everyone.

I have updated my modified version of the game to 9.1 from 8.0 and it appears my old scenarios - developed in 8.0 don't seem to work in 9.1 . When I zoom in to the maximum on some of the maps I made the game freezes and I get an error message telling me the game has stopped working.

When I zoom out on others the same thing happens.

Examples of maps known to all incl. the Stalingrad map "beyond the barrikady" as well as the map "Ratonades".

A dense jungle map with rivers, hills (up to elevation 80) (100x110) also does not seem to like the maximum zoom.

I am playing in windowed mode and the resolution is set to desktop. I have a windows 7 machine (64bit).

I did not have these problems in version 8.0. In all of the scenarios I have tested units include icons I made myself. They work fine outside these scenarios.

The problem seems to be limited to old maps/scenarios of my own design. Zooming in and out is a problem. The game crashes. In all screen modes (full/windowed and even basic resolutions).

Anyone know what the problem might be?
Old December 4th, 2015, 08:13 PM

Captain

Default Re: Problems with version 9.1

I noticed also that the mini-map in the bottom left hand corner displays as black when one of my old maps is in use.

My screen resolution is 1200x800.
Old December 4th, 2015, 08:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecruitMonty View Post
Hello everyone.

I have updated my modified version of the game to 9.1 from 8.0 and it appears my old scenarios - developed in 8.0 don't seem to work in 9.1 . When I zoom in to the maximum on some of the maps I made the game freezes and I get an error message telling me the game has stopped working.

When I zoom out on others the same thing happens.

Examples of maps known to all incl. the Stalingrad map "beyond the barrikady" as well as the map "Ratonades".

A dense jungle map with rivers, hills (up to elevation 80) (100x110) also does not seem to like the maximum zoom.

I am playing in windowed mode and the resolution is set to desktop. I have a windows 7 machine (64bit).

I did not have these problems in version 8.0. In all of the scenarios I have tested units include icons I made myself. They work fine outside these scenarios.

The problem seems to be limited to old maps/scenarios of my own design. Zooming in and out is a problem. The game crashes. In all screen modes (full/windowed and even basic resolutions).

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Are you having this problem with the stock game as issued or a version of your mod ?

I was not aware that the map beyond the barrikady was included with MBT but I can tell you it works perfectly in a stock version of SPWW2.

All maps I test work for every zoom level without a problem with MBT ver 9.1

Suggest you delete your installation and re-install fresh if this persists as you and only you are having this problem
Old December 5th, 2015, 07:59 AM

Captain

All the regular maps provided with the regular game are fine.

Its just my old scenarios that I made in 8.0 using my mod.

Strange thing is when I load the maps separately from the scenarios they don't cause the game to crash either.

I've also tested units out from my mod on other maps and they work too.

I've been able to narrow it down to the deployment phase. I did a test now and I changed the map. Went to zoom in with the new map in the deployment phase and the game crashed again. "Stopped working", actually.

I guess my old scenario files are corrupted. Wish I knew how that happened and what to do. I don't suppose you guys have had any experience rescuing corrupted scenarios?

Could icons cause the game to crash? I know for instance that some of my unit icons are not 100% symmetrical - what I mean is the turrets are not perfectly centred. Could that be causing the trouble?

I also noticed that in some cases the red outline that denotes that units are selected is not showing up.

Last edited by RecruitMonty; December 5th, 2015 at 08:19 AM..
Old December 5th, 2015, 08:38 AM

Captain

I figured it out. The little unit flag was missing for OOB44. It was not properly set up in the shape file. Fixed that and now everything seems to be in order. What a ride.
Old December 5th, 2015, 08:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

There are a lot of "gotachas" like that in this game and yes it really doesn't like faulty SHP files
Old January 10th, 2016, 04:54 PM

Private

HcK is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have a Acer 7560G running Win7, game(s) are installed on a SSD. Since upgrading to 9.1 I have started to get a lot of crashes ("Program has stopped working, Windows is looking for a solution"), as far as I can tell only during the campaign repair screen or the campaign support unit purchase screen (and the map editor opened from there).

I installed the 9.1 by making a copy of the game directory of version 8.0 and installing 9.1 there. Did this for the previous two upgrades, too, and didn't get any crashing problems then.

I do have custom OOBs and use them in the campaign I continued after upgrading to 9.1.

Anybody else get a lot of crashes? Are the custom OOBs to blame?
Old January 10th, 2016, 07:12 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

problems with custom OOBs can crash the game - especially if the creator used non-English ASCII in any of the text fields (unit information - I recall someone put in Spanish accents, so if the user brought up info for those particular units - BOOM!). Unit info is usually seen in the upgrade screens, as well as the encyclopaedia. Missing SHP file info on custom OOBs (if the user has not loaded these) can also crash things, as can weapons data that does not match.

Corrupt/incorrectly formatted third-party SHP files can also crash the game. So can LBM picture files that are incorrect.

Therefore, I'd suspect your custom data - either OOB or LBM or SHP files (if any).

So to test the theory:
Either - Remove the custom OOBS, and especially any custom SHP and LBM files you may have. Then try the game again.

Or, install the stock game (and patches) to a different installation folder, and see if you still have the problems when playing stock.

Either way, you will soon know.
Old January 11th, 2016, 04:13 PM

Private

HcK is on a distinguished road

Haven't used any custom LBM or SHP files. Also, no special characters in unit info or elsewhere. However, the custom OOB was created on 8.0 and then used as is in 9.1, if that makes a difference. (Some LBMs no longer depicted the same unit as they did in 8.0, so changed those as I noticed the discrepancies.)

After restoring the deafult OOBs and loading a campaign from the end of a battle (thus getting the upgrade screen), I could not reproduce a crash at all.

I then reloaded the offending OOB and did get the crash something like 1 time out of 3 tries, however couldn't pin down exact steps to reproduce. Changing units and scrolling the various unit lists were involved, though.

So yeah, the custom OOB is the culprit, maybe it can be fixed...
Old January 11th, 2016, 05:10 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HcK View Post
Haven't used any custom LBM or SHP files. Also, no special characters in unit info or elsewhere. However, the custom OOB was created on 8.0 and then used as is in 9.1, if that makes a difference. (Some LBMs no longer depicted the same unit as they did in 8.0, so changed those as I noticed the discrepancies.)

After restoring the deafult OOBs and loading a campaign from the end of a battle (thus getting the upgrade screen), I could not reproduce a crash at all.

I then reloaded the offending OOB and did get the crash something like 1 time out of 3 tries, however couldn't pin down exact steps to reproduce. Changing units and scrolling the various unit lists were involved, though.

So yeah, the custom OOB is the culprit, maybe it can be fixed...
Then it sounds as if at least one of the LBM ID's in that custom OOB is pointing to an illegal entry, or there is some other bad data for some unit or other.