.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Primordial Cake - [Game In Progress]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundworm View Post
That stale was, to say the least, costly. And that last turn was absolutely horrifying. I thought Flames from the Sky and Murdering Winter couldn't affect armies that were in castles!? I lost over 500 troops in that one province, which was well over half of my largest army!

Looking at the score charts, it's clear to me that Arcoscephale has won. There may still be some small contest to that, but I highly doubt it. Couple that with the immense amount of time it's taking all of us to do our turns, and I'm going to propose that we declare Arcoscephale the victor- revenant2 has earned it.
I went a little nuts with the remote attacks against that army, but I was expecting you to use it to relieve your besieged fortress. I had actually moved in a large force to reinforce the siege so I could get first strike and attempt it's destruction.

I won't say that I've won this game with absolutely certainty, but I'd say things are looking pretty dire for the triple alliance. I've been saving up to cast Arcane Nexus that would hit in a few turns, and I'm not sure if you guys can concentrate enough forces to crack any of my fortresses without me causing massive damage to your armies via remote attack and assassination spells. I'm also pretty much immune to raiders as you guys discovered

I'll play this game to the bitter end, but I would obviously prefer to end it if everyone agrees I'm the clear winner. The amount of time it takes to complete these turns is pretty intensive.
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

Groundworm is on a distinguished road

Well, Arco, TC, Caelum, and Bogarus have spoken in favor of declaring Arco the winner. If Man and Atlantis agree, we'll have consensus. May I request a turn extension until we hear back from the last players?
Old March 8th, 2013, 06:58 PM

Sergeant

AOE said he disabled the auto-hosting, so we should be good.
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:38 AM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Postponed 12 hours. I'm sorry, but I need some sleep before I can round out the last of my changes.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations

Last edited by AreaOfEffect; March 9th, 2013 at 01:53 AM..
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:52 AM

Major

In regards to declaring Acro the winner, I'm on the bench. Until my most unfortunate stale, Acro had been unable to take any of my fortifications. Honestly, it has turned into trench warfare between the two of us. Then again, I can't say I was victim to the same army destroying rituals that you are all under. I'm likely not the biggest target of his aggression. Still, from my estimation, so long as my interest holds, I can remain in this game for another 50 to 70 turns even while losing badly the whole way.

If you want to declare Acro the winner by virtue of being able to win against the world, I refuse to see your view realistic. If you want to declare Acro winner by virtue of being king of the hill in the very late-game while interest apparently wains, then I can agree to that.

The real question is not, has Acro already won? The question is, do you want this game to end?

There is no shame in wanting to move on.
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:54 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaOfEffect View Post
In regards to declaring Acro the winner, I'm on the bench. Until my most unfortunate stale, Acro had been unable to take any of my fortifications. Honestly, it has turned into trench warfare between the two of us. Then again, I can't say I was victim to the same army destroying rituals that you are all under. I'm likely not the biggest target of his aggression. Still, from my estimation, so long as my interest holds, I can remain in this game for another 50 to 70 turns even while losing badly the whole way.

If you want to declare Acro the winner by virtue of being able to win against the world, I refuse to see your view realistic. If you want to declare Acro winner by virtue of being king of the hill in the very late-game while interest apparently wains, then I can agree to that.

The real question is not, has Acro already won? The question is, do you want this game to end?

There is no shame in wanting to move on.
Strategically, it doesn't make much sense for me to attack you AOE. You literally wrote the book on defensive warfare with LA man, so I'm using just enough force to keep you at bay so I can focus on other fronts.
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

I'm happy to keep playing if others want to. When I commit, I commit for the long haul. I can certainly say this though...I'm not winning! LOL
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:38 PM

Major

I figured I was getting minimal treatment. I'm going to allow this turn to play out and then wait a day for any major objections to calling the game, just to give danbo a chance to put in his two cents.

Edit: Then again, it seems that Tein and Caelum are behind on turns. I might just extend this turn another day instead.
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:12 PM

Major

Turn extended another 24 hours to allow players to submit turns and continue discussion/raise opposition to declaring a winner.
Old March 9th, 2013, 04:05 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyburn7 View Post
I'm happy to keep playing if others want to. When I commit, I commit for the long haul. I can certainly say this though...I'm not winning! LOL
I feel the same way. I'll play this game until the very last man if that's what it takes. I definitely won't want anyone to feel they need to concede if they still have hope. If we do keep playing, I'll continue to play as hard and ruthlessly as I can.