.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 21st, 2010, 07:32 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Oceans of Land - (Noob game) [looking for temp sub!]

can I have a 6-8 hour extension please?
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

8 hour extension granted for Blackguard
Old April 23rd, 2010, 05:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

Swan is on a distinguished road

i'm sorry about last turn stale, i thought i had send the 2h but i didn't

Emo worm's summons
Prydain, deathborn kingdom
Nameless city expansion pack feat. swan's herd
Venexia, the most serene republic
Old April 23rd, 2010, 07:01 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Gentlemen,

Marverni just left for a week to go Para-gliding and out of desperation has changed the game to me to try and muck it up for him until he gets back.

He has explained the diplomatic situation but I may be PMing a couple of you to find out what is exactly going on.

We have 1 small problem...I myself am leaving for Indy NEXT Friday to play in a Rugby Tourney next weekend. I will do the most current turn at that time and then extend it until Monday and he gets back to take it over.

If you hear a scream...that is him seeing how I have managed to destroy his nation!!

Remember, I am the admin while he is away...If you need an extension or have a problem leave a message here or PM me and I will try and get it resolved.

Thanks guys!!
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

I am putting a PM on the forum not to embarrass anyone, but rather to show how one persons attitude can really make some enemies in Dom 3.

You read it from bottom to top...I admit I will sound pretty petty to some...but he had an agreement with a player that will be gone a week and decided to 'just break it for some action'.

There is no reason for that, as I said "he could have waited If you had an agreement with someone that gave them a province, why would you break it and be so caviler about it, "just so you could get some action"?

It is Marverni for pitys sake, he can't stop you...he can't stop anybody. And for that matter he is out of town with 8 little provinces and I am just subbing for him. I asked permission to take 41 not out of 'fear' of you, but rather in the spirt of the game. You are the biggest in the game, you could have waited for him to come back and say it to his face.

Do what you will...

You are being arrogant, a bully, and a blatant backstabber.

I look forward to seeing you when you decide your NOT a noob anymore and want to play with the 'big boys'.

I am going to put this on the forum so the others can see what kind of attitude will get others to NOT want them in a game.

I saw this coming with Arco and made you and Caelem the same offer to just take me over so I could go on to my other games that are in the end game stage. For some reason Caelem didn't take me up on the offer.

Do what you will, I will not respond to you anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earcaraxe
Dear and wise Arco-born adviser of Marverni!

Nice to meet you again.

We had an agreement with marverni about him having 41. But I would like to have 41 this turn and im sending an army there as I would like some action.

with best regards

The Which Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrudgeBringer
Greetings from Marverni...

This is GrudgeBringer taking over Marverni for a week for while the leader goes Para-gliding.

he says you guys have had a conversation but didn't tell me what was said.

(congrats by the way, I see you are leading the pack)

If you have no designs on Marverni at the moment, do you mind if I 'try' and take 41 and will go no farther south and will leave no troops in the province.

I would appreciate a week long Nap while he is gone so I can 'try' and get him squared away. He will be trying to expand North so eventually he will be doing the work for you. He is no danger to you at all.

Look forward to hearing from you...

Thanks
Old April 25th, 2010, 04:14 AM

Captain

earcaraxe is on a distinguished road

Greetings!

In a nutshell: I agreed with marverni about 10 turns ago on our borders. No NAP, no timetable on it, it was about a two-two sentences long discussion.

I would like to provide my view on this:

1) I think Yskonyn being out of town should not play a role here. I acted independently of it (actually I planned the attack a long time ago, and then he went gliding unexpectedly). Do u guys think if someone is replaced by a temporaly sub means that he has to be treated (for instance not attacked) differently? I'm open to a discussion about it.

2) I dont consider my attack a backstabbing nor dishonesty. I agreed with marverni on our borders about 10 turns ago. We didnt make a NAP. My opinion is that agreeing on borders is not binding, as it would mean that I would not be allowed to attack him anytime without being a "backstabber". I consider my message to marverni as a declaration of war. I even informed Marverni about my attack which I think was not an obligation in the moral sense.

3) In my view: I didnt intend to do anything you (Grudgebringer) should (could) take personal. I consider all my acts in this matter to be within the boundaries of the game. And because its it is a strategic game, (declaration of) wars happen.

Please feel free to give feedback as I would like to have your opinions.

thx

The Which Kings/earcaraxe
Old April 25th, 2010, 05:56 AM

Private

Euarchus is on a distinguished road

I do not have a problem with earcaraxe's behaviour. If Yksonne did not get a NAP, that was a poor decision.
Old April 25th, 2010, 07:11 AM

Sergeant

Doo is on a distinguished road

Without wanting to talk about my actual in game activities, I have found that in the diplomacy I have done with two players no real attempt on either side was made to lock in a NAP time-frame.

I guess we all have different opinions regarding this (from the OP):

"Who should join: Noobz, Internediate players, Vets who won't play agressively, but pose a helpful attitude towards the noobs in- as well as out of game.
-Who should NOT join: People looking for a no-holds-barred war, experienced players looking to win easily or agressively, people who definately want to play with nations that are banned; there will be no discussion."

Very open to individual interpretation.
Old April 25th, 2010, 08:29 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrudgeBringer View Post
(snip)
Do what you will...

You are being arrogant, a bully, and a blatant backstabber.

I look forward to seeing you when you decide your NOT a noob anymore and want to play with the 'big boys'.
Well, that's way out of line, firing off a personal attack because of an in-game situation. It looks even worse since, from reading the game thread, it appears that this player is the one who just eliminated you, freeing you up to sub.

And what's with the whining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrudgeBringer View Post
(snip)
BTW, it is not MANDATORY that you put the Naps in the forum, just no whining if you get stabbed in the back if you have a private Nap. I myself usually have both kinds.
You weren't even stabbed in the back. Your agreement was not posted in the game thread. He even gave you more-than-fair warning that he is attacking an indy province.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old April 25th, 2010, 09:13 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

1. This wasn't about me...I GAVE him my territoies without a fight(and also asked Calem if he wanted some also)as I am in 3 end games and honestly didn't have time to mess with it, I was just helping Ysk get this off the ground...

2. Not knowing the situation as a sub, I asked if it was ok to take a certain province, If he said No, then I would have backed off it.

In HIS words all he said was that he had agreed to give that province to Marverni, but now decided "he wanted some action" so he was going to run an army up there and attack that province.

I don't see how agreeing on boundries so you can expand in peace constitues a NAP...but it DOES convey a promise. A promise that can be broken for sure, but don't try and disquise it as because it was 10 turns ago and it isn't valid now.

Part of my tirade (if you want to call it that) was due to the same attitude I have had in discussions with him before. As you can see I tried to be civil when asking him about the situation.

There was no discussion, only a flippent comment.

I didn't ask if anybody agreed with me, nor do I actually care.
I stand by what I said and my opinion of his actions are not going to change.

VFB, you know I always keep my word and have no use for those that don't, so your particular comment suprises me. And whining...You don't hear me whining for myself, I could care less about this game, only my promise to YSK

NOW, I am supposed to be admin for this game until he gets back...The way I see it I can just put it on hold until he returns, or I can look in and make sure the game is running smoothly. Either way, I have had my say and will not discuss it furthur with anyone.

If you would like to wait for his return, then post it in the forum..otherwise I will try and keep this going as best I can.

We have both had our say and there is no need for further comment on the subject. There is no need for this game to go up in flames over something between two people.