Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Managing Communions - the sombre challenge. - Page 4 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Closed Thread

Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Managing Communions - the sombre challenge.

I got that he doesn't like Sombre... or that Sombre is his opponent... but he did still ask a question about what to do... so... no, I don't...
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

Peter Ebbesen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerlande View Post
Ahh, well it's only wasting your time if you are stupid enough to read it and reply and fail to understand the real meaning of the entire thread. But I'd never call you stupid. That's a banning offence.
As I am not, unfortunately, possessed of telepathic abilities, the odds of understanding your "real meaning of the entire thread", which appears to be something completely different from what you actually posted in your first post (or relies on information only known to a subset of the posting population), are low to non-existent.

Cross-indexing against your other posts on this forum might give me a hint as to what you are really talking about, but that really is no fitting replacement for choosing an appropriate subject and posting the thing you want to discuss in the original post of a thread. This includes giving sufficient information in the original post that people can discuss what you really want to talk about. If this (as Graeme Dice seems to suggest) is a particular game with constraints relevant to that game, the appropriate act would to either discuss it in a thread already dedicated to that game or to indicate the relevant constraints when you post in the general discussion forum.

Failing that, you can act like a real smeg-head, though I'd never call you a smeghead. That might a banning offense (depending on the amount of Red Dwarf sympathizers amongst the moderaters).
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

krpeters is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, this helps a bit to explain the preference for expensive powerful mages over cheap mages. It could be worthwhile to add 5gem armor to a 250 gold mage. Definitely not for an 80 gold mage.

I guess my reverse-communion EA Ermor Augur Astral Fires strategy won't work in MP -- a rain-of-stones would easily kill it.

Your best strategy is to keep attacking him with 25 yogi armies until he runs out of gems for rain-of-stones.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

ROFL

Incomprehension is lolworthy.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
I got that he doesn't like Sombre
no
Quote:
... or that Sombre is his opponent...
no
Quote:
but he did still ask a question about what to do...
no
Quote:
so... no, I don't...
yes
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:16 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ebbesen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerlande View Post
Ahh, well it's only wasting your time if you are stupid enough to read it and reply and fail to understand the real meaning of the entire thread. But I'd never call you stupid. That's a banning offence.
As I am not, unfortunately, possessed of telepathic abilities, the odds of understanding your "real meaning of the entire thread", which appears to be something completely different from what you actually posted in your first post (or relies on information only known to a subset of the posting population), are low to non-existent.

Cross-indexing against your other posts on this forum might give me a hint as to what you are really talking about, but that really is no fitting replacement for choosing an appropriate subject and posting the thing you want to discuss in the original post of a thread. This includes giving sufficient information in the original post that people can discuss what you really want to talk about. If this (as Graeme Dice seems to suggest) is a particular game with constraints relevant to that game, the appropriate act would to either discuss it in a thread already dedicated to that game or to indicate the relevant constraints when you post in the general discussion forum.

Failing that, you can act like a real smeg-head, though I'd never call you a smeghead. That might a banning offense (depending on the amount of Red Dwarf sympathizers amongst the moderaters).
Peter Ebbesen, I suggest you lighten up. People have been banned from these forums for being sombre, you know.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vfb For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road

Thank you for wasting my time on some insipid foolishness.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:20 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

guys, you're making fun of people whose first language isn't english, and who'se only offense was trying to be helpful.

I understand that people are frustrated - but I don't think thats a profitable or appropriate response.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:27 PM

Corporal

Radio_Star is on a distinguished road

To get back on topic, your problem is that even though you're using hundred mage armies, your strategy is too diverse. Moderation will only get you a seat at life's loser table. You need to commit to your course and never stray, regardless of the consequences.

It's like the old quote .. "All things in moderation, including moderation."
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:27 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
guys, you're making fun of people whose first language isn't english, and who'se only offense was trying to be helpful.

I understand that people are frustrated - but I don't think thats a profitable or appropriate response.
There is no proper or appropriate response, the mods are taking a sombre mood to further discussion of the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFB
Peter Ebbesen, I suggest you lighten up. People have been banned from these forums for being Sombre, you know.
Fixed.
Closed Thread