.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $10.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

   







Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 30th, 2003, 05:35 PM
FadingSuns's Avatar

FadingSuns FadingSuns is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FadingSuns is on a distinguished road
Default GUI Mod

I've just posted my "Dust" GUI mod in the download forum. This mod is optimized for monitors running in 1024x768 mode.
__________________
A man never stands so tall as when stooping to help a small computer -Infocom
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 30th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Ruatha's Avatar

Ruatha Ruatha is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Linghem, Östergötland, Sweden
Posts: 2,255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ruatha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GUI Mod

Nice.
I didn't know there where GUI alterations.
This was a bit harder to see what the icons where in 1600x1200 than the original but it's still good looking!

Are there others GUI alterations out there?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 1st, 2003, 01:56 AM
General Woundwort's Avatar

General Woundwort General Woundwort is offline
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
General Woundwort is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GUI Mod

I tried doing one but I got stuck on the top/bottom and side bars on the dialog boxes. You can change the buttons, map backgrounds, the borders on the main screen, and the corners of the dialog boxes, but I can't seem to find the bitmap for the dialog box borders. Can someone clue me in?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:15 AM
FadingSuns's Avatar

FadingSuns FadingSuns is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FadingSuns is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GUI Mod

General Woundwort, I wish I knew how to fix those pop up boxes. It was easy enough to change the corners, but the sidebars stayed that bright blue. I checked everywhere, but couldn't find a file that I could mod to change it.
The problem with creating the buttons is that the interface is visually clear to start with, so any modifications tend to clutter up the view. However, if you are the sort of person who just HAS to tinker with everything....
"Blood" set is coming soon, looking cool!
__________________
A man never stands so tall as when stooping to help a small computer -Infocom
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 5th, 2003, 01:50 AM
Ed Kolis's Avatar

Ed Kolis Ed Kolis is offline
General
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 4,547
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GUI Mod

I've got "Dust" installed and will probably only change the pictures if "Blood" is even better! Good work!
__________________
The Ed draws near! What dost thou deaux?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Ruatha's Avatar

Ruatha Ruatha is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Linghem, Östergötland, Sweden
Posts: 2,255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ruatha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GUI Mod

Can you change the form of the buttons? circular, star shaped etc, that would be nice (Blood drop in blood?)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:42 PM
FadingSuns's Avatar

FadingSuns FadingSuns is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FadingSuns is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GUI Mod

Ruatha, you are reading my mind. The "Blood" set features circular buttons. The drawback is that this reduces the surface area of the button, so if you aren't familar with the layout of the buttons, you might not pick up immediately on what the button 'does'. However, the look IMHO is cool!
I've found that a 60/40 ratio works well for me. 60% of the time I'm messing with pixels and mods, the other 40% is dedicated to actually playing a game. Anyone else found a ratio that works for them? I know that sleep fits in there somewhere...
__________________
A man never stands so tall as when stooping to help a small computer -Infocom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1999 - 2022, Shrapnel Games, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.