.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific > Scenarios and Mods
Notices

Old January 31st, 2013, 08:16 PM

Private

hellfire23 is on a distinguished road
Default Another New Scenario Coming soon!

I have been inspired to create a new scenario,I'm play testing at the moment,I have added the German Navy to the game to assist Japan,so Bismarck,Tirpitz,Scharnhorst,Gneisenau,Admiral Graf Spee etc are all their,I have altered a great many things in the game,one main thing being Japan oil dependency,I have increased the stock pile,which allows for a game to last very much longer,plus all ships have twice the durability that they used to have,along with very much better AA defence.This should be available early next week for anyone who would like a totally different challenge.

Please note I have been unable to aquire a means to create new ship art for the German navy,because of the stupid XNB.files the game uses.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:11 AM

Private

Default Re: Another New Scenario Coming soon!

Update this scenario will be available from early next week,as I said before in the previous post,Germany now has its fleet based at Truk,I have now added the Italian Navy,and if I say so myself the game is now far superior to what was available in any of the original scenarios.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM

Private

CaptainPellew is on a distinguished road

this sounds great, Hellfire! Yes I would like to add new ship graphics as well, but like you I haven't found anyway to do that. Looking forward to your new scenario!

Regards:
CaptainPellew
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM

Private

Going by your call sign CaptainPellew I take it you also like the Napoleonic era Naval history,or is it just the Hornblower series?

I too would love to do new ship art graphics,but I have found no way to convert the files to png etc,over at the Matrix Game forum,I have done a huge amount of art and scenarios for War Plan Orange.I would love to do something for this game also.

As for the new game mod,I have been play testing for over a week now,and all seems well with it,so I will be making the Scenario available on Monday after some more little tweaks.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM

Private

CaptainPellew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire23 View Post
Going by your call sign CaptainPellew I take it you also like the Napoleonic era Naval history,or is it just the Hornblower series?

I too would love to do new ship art graphics,but I have found no way to convert the files to png etc,over at the Matrix Game forum,I have done a huge amount of art and scenarios for War Plan Orange.I would love to do something for this game also.

As for the new game mod,I have been play testing for over a week now,and all seems well with it,so I will be making the Scenario available on Monday after some more little tweaks.
Yes, big great Age of Sail fan as well as Hornblower, I mostly go by CaptainTorry or CaptainRockwellTorry, but I change it up once in a while. I'm also a big Star Trek fan, was there at the very start, and love the Honorverse books by David Webber. After seaching for over two years, I finally found a Honorverse mod for a game called Space Empires V, and just love it. I think the reason this game caught my eye was the ship art reminded me of Avalanche Press Great War At sea series of board games, of which I own all of them. I'm hoping to add the N3 and G3 series of battleships and battlecruisers for my war plan orange scenario, but most likely will have to use the Iowa ship art to represent them. Maybe in the futher you'll be able to make some new ship art, I'm afraid I can manipulate xml files pretty good, but have no talent when it comes to art-work. Already have the Lexington class battlecruisers and the Japanese 8-8 plan, but I had to start over so may take me awhile.

Regards:
CaptainPellew
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:44 PM

Private

I to love all things naval,from the Napoleonic era - Present day,one of my favourite days out was spent at Portmouth onboard Victory!