.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 5th, 2011, 12:22 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

I apologize for being lame, but I just did another extremely-meh turn.... this is shaping up to be a very interesting fight Ermor + I vs Pythium, but not if I don't have time to do decent turns .
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:41 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Hmmm...that breakout went a little better than expected.
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:55 AM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
I apologize for being lame, but I just did another extremely-meh turn.... this is shaping up to be a very interesting fight Ermor + I vs Pythium, but not if I don't have time to do decent turns .
That's a pity, because, as you've correctly pointed out, you are now in war with my nation, together with Ermor, after your attacks on my territory last turn and this turn. And in terms of number of provinces as well as the size of the army, you are number two nation in the world. I also wouldn't be surprised if you are number one nation in terms of raw magical power on the battlefield, since both me and Ermor have been too damned successful in wiping each other mages during our war. And you certainly has highest quality troops of all nations, with all these blood summons.

You are right, it would be a very interesting fight - me vs you and Ermor, the fight with very uncertain outcome, now that you have joined it. And of course Ulm and BL are also fully engaged in it, fighting Ermor in the south. However I think Ermor needs your full support if your side is to prevail in this war. Executor please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Ermor can pull it off without you DrPraetorious - by now I have pushed Ermor too far back in terms of provinces, gem income and borders. I have to admit that you joining Ermor now in this war was a very right move for your nation. And I also know you can do awesome turns if you put your mind into it and will have enough time, since you are very experienced player and I am glad we have you in this game.

So what do you suggest we do? Do you feel you will have enough time to do your turns in the future? As I know, I am always willing to grant time extensions to players who need it.
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:22 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

My crone finally was healed of her mute status Great news for our people. A bit too late, but still...
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

This week is going to be tough, as I am traveling and working at the same time. But I don't want other players to lose interest? So I'd prefer not to ask for extensions all the time.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Ahm, I'm still to even look at the turn, I suspect it went rather bad, there were too many risky decisions to make so I ended up doing god knows what

I'm up for extension, this late on, with so much mirco (at least on my side) you're more likely to lose interest with faster hosting schedule.

Oh, and yes, you are absolutely correct, I have no chance in hell without Dr.P. You had a to big a lead in gems even before the war, not to mention I'm engaged with BL and Ulm besides you.
I just don't have the resources to fight on so many sides, and the tartarians that keep pillaging my provinces ain't helping. My cap fell victim this turn, so I'm probably down another 2500 gold this turn...
I recon this game is probably yours already, but I'll do my best to stop you, oh and don't worry, I know when I'm beat and I won't drag on the game if it comes to that.
Old January 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
My crone finally was healed of her mute status Great news for our people. A bit too late, but still...
Heh. And this act of renewal happens on the first turn of active Jotuns vs Pythium war. So the renewed crone sitting in her castle finds itself in the middle of active war between her old opponents. Which, surporisingly enough, may give Vans some reprieve, since Jotuns and Pythium may be too busy tearing each other appart all around van's castle to afford such distraction. Although TC is likely to come to extract small measure of revenge for their fallen empire.
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:16 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
This week is going to be tough, as I am traveling and working at the same time. But I don't want other players to lose interest? So I'd prefer not to ask for extensions all the time.
Well, of course it would be good to try to keep these extensions to minimum, now that we are on 72h hosting, but I think it is much better to ask for extension then having to submit rushed turns, since the coming turns may very well be critical to the outcome of this game. Especially for 3 major nations of Ermor, Jotuns and my Pythium, who are currently leaders of this world and require quite a bit of time to do proper turns.

So don't hesitate to ask for extension if you have no other choice DrP. Same goes for other players of course. One note though - it's better to give me a bit of advance notice, since I don't check this board every every few hours - there were several times when I got your guys extension requests at the last possible moment. We were lucky with it in the past that I have seen these last minute notes in time to adjust hosting but it may not turn out so well next time.
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:31 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Ahm, I'm still to even look at the turn, I suspect it went rather bad, there were too many risky decisions to make so I ended up doing god knows what

I'm up for extension, this late on, with so much mirco (at least on my side) you're more likely to lose interest with faster hosting schedule.

Oh, and yes, you are absolutely correct, I have no chance in hell without Dr.P. You had a to big a lead in gems even before the war, not to mention I'm engaged with BL and Ulm besides you.
I just don't have the resources to fight on so many sides, and the tartarians that keep pillaging my provinces ain't helping. My cap fell victim this turn, so I'm probably down another 2500 gold this turn...
I recon this game is probably yours already, but I'll do my best to stop you, oh and don't worry, I know when I'm beat and I won't drag on the game if it comes to that.
I understand, thank you.

Frankly I don't think the game is mine at this point - your and my various fronts and borders have been quite stable for several turns now, despite our massive clashes. This turn you have even repelled my underwater attack on your sea castle, and you are still besieging my central castle with its walls now down and 4k undead troops nearby, while I haven't made any new progress with any of my own three sieges of your castles. And now Jotuns have thrown their considerable and undiminished might on your side of the scales.

My noticeable raise in the current turn in provinces&gems graphs was just me remote-attacking the whole bunch of undefended jotuns provinces with magery. I expect Jotuns will get all of them back and likely more in no time, since unlike myself they have real armies in that area - large ones.

All and all - I think the outcome of this game is very much uncertain at this point. Now that Jotuns are in, the scales once again hang in balance.

Last edited by Corwin; January 8th, 2011 at 08:40 AM..
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:59 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
Hmmm...that breakout went a little better than expected.
Well done Ulm. Pythium now officially leaves the south to you and BL, unless I will get some requests from one of your two resurging nations to attack specific Ermor (or Jotun) provinces with ghost riders or by other means, in which case I will do my best to provide such support.

I will keep bidding and competing with Ermor for the merces of course, in part to prevent Ermor from adding them to their partly depleted southern forces, now that they have significant difficulties in bringing fresh reinforcements to the south, thanks to BL's Sea of Ice.