Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old August 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM

Private

Skotty702 is on a distinguished road
Default PBEM OOB error using OOB Manager

This is on a bit of a different track, but I am getting the same error in a PBEM game. I tried to load a game from an opponent that has the download version into my CD version. I copied the OOB's from the DL version into a folder of my CD version. I then used the OOB manager to install the download ver of the OOBs into my CD version.

However, the save game will NOT load, giving the same "Player 2 OBAT file different or corrupt" error. This is rather disheartening to say the least.

I loaded the game on my old PC that has the DL version installed on it and it works fine there.

Should this game have worked in the CD version using the
OOB manager to swap between the DL and CD OOBs?
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:14 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM OOB error using OOB Manager

Quote:
Skotty702 said:
This is on a bit of a different track, but I am getting the same error in a PBEM game. I tried to load a game from an opponent that has the download version into my CD version. I copied the OOB's from the DL version into a folder of my CD version. I then used the OOB manager to install the download ver of the OOBs into my CD version.

However, the save game will NOT load, giving the same "Player 2 OBAT file different or corrupt" error. This is rather disheartening to say the least.

I loaded the game on my old PC that has the DL version installed on it and it works fine there.

Should this game have worked in the CD version using the
OOB manager to swap between the DL and CD OOBs?
That should work fine - provided that your opponent is using the exact same pair of OOBS (or more if he has allies) as you are.

If, however, he has installed (or edited himself) modified versions of the OOBs in question at his end, then you are not in synch with him since he no longer has the same DL version OOBs you tried. OR - the OOBS you copied across from your download edition folder may well be modified?.

Ask your opponent which versions of these OOBs he has installed at his end. Check file alteration dates etc (size will be the same). Maybe get him to zip up and send you his files as well to be 100% sure both your sets are in synch.

NB - The OOB checksums are stored at the set up of the game, by player 1 I think (would need to did through the code to be 100% certain ! so you may well need to restart, with a set of OOBS guaranteed to be 100% in synch, if the OOBS he sends you are not the right ones.

Cheers
Andy
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:39 PM

Private

Quote:
Mobhack said:

That should work fine - provided that your opponent is using the exact same pair of OOBS (or more if he has allies) as you are.

If, however, he has installed (or edited himself) modified versions of the OOBs in question at his end, then you are not in synch with him since he no longer has the same DL version OOBs you tried. OR - the OOBS you copied across from your download edition folder may well be modified?.

Ask your opponent which versions of these OOBs he has installed at his end. Check file alteration dates etc (size will be the same). Maybe get him to zip up and send you his files as well to be 100% sure both your sets are in synch.

NB - The OOB checksums are stored at the set up of the game, by player 1 I think (would need to did through the code to be 100% certain ! so you may well need to restart, with a set of OOBS guaranteed to be 100% in synch, if the OOBS he sends you are not the right ones.

Cheers
Andy
AFAIK, all OOBs are not modified for either player. The game WILL load in the DL version, but not CD version. I do have the CD ver installed in a different than default directory, "C:\WinSPMBT", rather than buried in the program files default folder. The DL version on my old PC is installed in the default directory.

Cheer
Scott
Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:27 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Should work OK. We have tested PBEM between versions before.

Will investigate to see if this can be reproduced. What path to your CD version are you using?.

Cheers
Andy
Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM

Private

Quote:
Mobhack said:

Will investigate to see if this can be reproduced. What path to your CD version are you using?.

Cheers
Andy
C:\WinSPMBT

Thanks for following up.

Cheers
Scott
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:08 PM

Private

I tried copying the OOB files again from the DL to CD folder and now it loads. Musta made a mistake somewhere. I guess the chemotheropy is boggling my bean a bit.

All is working now. Thanks for the time.

Cheers
Scott