.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 6th, 2013, 11:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

Redeyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Eater of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagot Gick Fel View Post
He was richly rewarded for the encounter: +1 astral skill, and +35 insanity (insanity usually comes in much smaller increments), which once again proves that Doom Horrors are indeed... well, very special.
This is one of the effects of being lost in space and time and not from encountering a doom horror.

Last edited by Redeyes; January 6th, 2013 at 11:44 AM..
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

JonBrave is on a distinguished road

I know this must be really lame, but...

I'm pretty sure I have never seen a Horror Have been playing SP for multiple years. Play either Impossible or Mighty, CBM & vanilla. Have had my guys occasionally horror marked, though as a responsible leader perhaps not too many. Games tend not to go too far, I've won (or lost, or lost interest), maybe that's why. (I've summoned a Horror like Eater of The Dead, but) I've never seen any of my guys "visited" by a Horror, if that is what you guys mean happens...?? Am I missing out?
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:56 PM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road

Jb
From memory so may be errors

Download debug mod (the one that has the "debug sensei" spell.. You can google it
Create small two player map (any) using the mod make sure the human player has an awake pretender with at least astral 1
1st turn alchemize or use a pearl to cast debug sensei spell
Next turn use the sensei to cast super wish and wish for slaves
Next turn have fun with horrors
Send lesser horror
Send horror
Wish for doom horrors
And, for random fun, cast astral corruption (may need more slaves) and then have other casters try some non blood forgings
ssj

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

brxbrx is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBrave View Post
I know this must be really lame, but...

I'm pretty sure I have never seen a Horror Have been playing SP for multiple years. Play either Impossible or Mighty, CBM & vanilla. Have had my guys occasionally horror marked, though as a responsible leader perhaps not too many. Games tend not to go too far, I've won (or lost, or lost interest), maybe that's why. (I've summoned a Horror like Eater of The Dead, but) I've never seen any of my guys "visited" by a Horror, if that is what you guys mean happens...?? Am I missing out?
Wow. That's hard to believe. They're bound to show up eventually, once a commander has weathered enough battles (especially SCs).
One game, I decided to start summoning and binding them, with wish.
When you wish for a doom horror, there's a fifty/fifty chance they'll join you for an indefinite period (they eventually disappear). I was blowing massive amounts of astral pearls, getting my Grigori killed a bunch (I don't remember the name of the astral Grigori. Ezekiel maybe? That was the one).
You really can't defend against one of those things.
I finally managed to score Kurgi, Slave to Unreason, and I planted him on an enemy capital. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't get Kurgi off that city.
This was SP. You just can't waste in-game years and hundreds of pearls on fanciful stuff like this in MP.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagot Gick Fel View Post
He was richly rewarded for the encounter: +1 astral skill, and +35 insanity (insanity usually comes in much smaller increments), which once again proves that Doom Horrors are indeed... well, very special.
This is one of the effects of being lost in space and time and not from encountering a doom horror.
What I meant is actually a bit different. I've seen dozens upon dozens of Starspawns lost in time and space, and the one guy who saw a Doom Horror down there is also the one who came back the most insane (by far!)

So while you're indeed correct, I still have a feeling that meeting a Doom Horror on the way back from the void changes the magnitude of the results for your Starspawn (although it could be the other way around: like too much insanity at once triggers a Doom Horror encounter.)
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM

First Lieutenant

parone is an unknown quantity at this point

saw my first doom horror-eater of the dead? and ive played quite a bit. killed my SC pretender with one shot.

it was funny. i lost a HUGE battle, and went from a good position in the game to a bad one. but my pretender escaped the battle. so i was like, hey, at least he is still alive.

two turns later, poof-gone.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:23 AM

First Lieutenant

parone is an unknown quantity at this point

he was actually 'eater of the gods'

anyone ever kill this thing? is it possible?
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:37 AM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road

Rudra maybe give it 4 dusk daggers + quickness and attack. defending against doom horrors doesnt work that well with rudra

Also mage bane on a quickened SC works but you need to hit first.

Last edited by bbz; January 27th, 2013 at 11:00 AM..
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:01 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

It's doable but extremely hard. It has 3 shapes (55+44+33HP) and blood vengeance that increases with each shape(0,1,2). At the very least you'll need luck, high MR, a pretty high number of HP to soak up some damage you're very likely to get and a extremely good defense value (as in 35-40) to minimize his chance to hit you, along with luck of course. I've managed to kill him once quite a while back (clam times) with an Air Queen, don't remember what equipment I used exactly but mirror image helped immensely.

He's not too tough himself. Killing him isn't the problem with only 15 defense and 15 protection. Being killed before you manage to kill him is however.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:29 PM

Private

shonuf is on a distinguished road

A GoR'd eater of the dead in its last controllable form with a luck pendant and AM amulet handles him quite easily thanks to the 34 MR and 160 hp/tur0n regen.