World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old September 18th, 2022, 02:12 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Question Possible ideas for next patch

Andy & Don,
Is it possible that some wish list ideas can be implemented in game? I remember you've said before how difficult the game code is to make changes. Anyways here's an idea. Any chance immobilized units due to movement can go from permanent movement lose to like a 2-4 turn limit penalty then back into action?
Old September 18th, 2022, 02:35 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible ideas for next patch

Nope. It would need added data to the main unit info for a delay amount, code to count that down, what happens if it gets a second dose of damage?. And what precisely are the events that cause temporary immobilisation, more code to add across several places most likely..

Not going to happen.
Old September 19th, 2022, 04:20 PM

Private

mscano is on a distinguished road

I see what you're saying EJ, but when you consider that each game turn represents 2-3 minutes of time, I wonder if recovering from immobilization within the time frame of a scenario is realistic. Say a tank is immobilized because it throws a track. How long would it take to get that track back on? 30 minutes?..an hour? That's 10-30 game turns.

I think you'd also have to simulate the crew being exposed while trying to fix the track, engine, etc. Good chance they'd just stay in the tank and become a pillbox for the duration of the battle rather than risk being mowed down trying to fix a track or engine.

Just my 2 cents.

I do like the idea in general of submitting ideas for future patches. Not sure if the staff at Camo Workshop does.
Old September 21st, 2022, 07:10 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

1 - All hot keys need to work as described.
2 - Stack movement. Big drag when you have to move each unit individually at this scale (crimps up your wrists too).
Old September 22nd, 2022, 06:58 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Possible ideas for next patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
1 - All hot keys need to work as described.
2 - Stack movement. Big drag when you have to move each unit individually at this scale (crimps up your wrists too).
1/
Seriously..... if you are going to make sweeping statements like that when there are dozens of hotkeys used in the game that differ from screen to screen then you better be ready to tell us exactly WHICH ONES are not working as described and which screen it is

2/
We have had this discussion before. The game relies on dealing with one unit moving at a time and always has and that is not going to change

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old September 22nd, 2022, 11:36 AM

Yes, stack movement is something that would have to be baked into the game design right from the beginning, ie a completely new game system and thus brand new game from the ground up. Its not something that can be kludged-in on top of an existing game engine, its fundamental.

And it was already mentioned fairly recently, whether here or in the WW2 forums I cannot recollect.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 02:54 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Possible ideas for next patch

I believe this was in the last or previous patch but, anyway I consider it a major victory to be able to identify what units are in the stack more easily.

I would still like to see Helos be able to "auto rotate" land when "X" amount of damage is received and retreating. But I can see the problems developing on the type of terrain it might land in, if carrying troops how many survive which would again need to include terrain type in that calculation.

There's a lot of nuances to have to consider in tackling code related issues for each different situation.

I would assume if you added a code to make something do something and a similar code is already in the game, might those two codes conflict or otherwise cause potential other unforeseen circumstances? In other words, cause a "bug"?

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old September 23rd, 2022, 05:50 AM

Any aircraft that goes to 0 crew or 0 hit points is totally destroyed. That is instant and irreversable.

Helos that are damaged and have passengers do sometimes allow a turn of use before they decide to retreat off map, and players are highly advised to use that grace period to unload the pax somewhere...
Old September 23rd, 2022, 01:50 PM

Private

Jorma is on a distinguished road

Vehicles of certain size (i.e. really big) should be treated as 'mobile' Dragon's Teeth.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 02:58 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

No stack movement I can live with, I just have to get used to twice as long games and aching wrists. But considering a solution for the hot key problem, all the hot keys need to be re-checked and re-documented. Fortunately, when they don't work it doesn't ruin the game, your just teased with actions you should be able to do but don't work. Others have complained about non-working hot keys before too. My computer broke down, so I haven't played any games with last years update, so they may have already been fixed.

Last edited by Dion; September 23rd, 2022 at 03:38 PM..