This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 16th, 2021, 04:10 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: APC Development and related topics.

Belorussia arms industry is a little forgotten inside game because the haven't their own OOB but they have capable industry and creating their own equipment different from Russian sources for their own domestic usage and export markets.

Here new Belarusian IFV Volat V2 APC (MZKT-690003) intended sucessor of BMP1/2 based on BTR-80

and here source and more photos
https://thedeaddistrict.blogspot.com/
Old July 25th, 2021, 03:32 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Aright this is about USA UNIT 339 AMPV I recommend a revised START date of JUN 2023 vice current JAN 2022..

Issues...
1. Production line tooling issues.

2. Other technical testing and equipment issues.

3. Budget cut recommendations (Enacted.) from the Army and Congress to support funding for other modernization programs.

4. Production delays due to COVID-19. Since we're now "officially" in the 4th wave, possible further delay possible. However, I'm NOT basing my recommendation on "possible", it's based on trends and factual data at this time.

OVERVIEW: Project started in 2014. The Army was expected to have ~258 Units by 2020.. As of this month the Army has around 35 Units in testing NOW!

Current Testing from 23 July 2021...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...d_testing.html

First article w/ Overview and first of delays discussed from 04 November 2020....
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army...ampv-fielding/

Current article discusses contract approved to modify spare parts, if your modifying that means what you have doesn't work!!

I quote from the next dated 16 May 2021.
"The work, which is is expected to be complete in Jan. 2023, will be performed in York, Pennsylvania, where BAE Systems builds the armored vehicles and its modernized howitzers."

"The first fielding for AMPV is projected in the second quarter of FY23 (That means No Sooner THEN JAN - APR 2023, roughly a year after the start of the IOT&E, according to the Army’s Program Executive Office for Ground Combat Systems (PEO GCS)."

I believe JUNE 2023 to be a much "safer" START date.
https://defence-blog.com/new-deal-mo...tial-fielding/

I read "my papers" and this is how the POOP begins!?!

BEDTIME!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old July 31st, 2021, 01:22 AM

Lieutenant General

UPDATES:

UK: AJAX.
Things aren't looking very "rosy" at this point and again, another article saying possibly the whole program is in jeopardy. From my ref...
“I describe Ajax as a troubled programme. I wish it wasn't, but it is,” Minister for Defence Procurement Jeremy Quin said. “It requires a lot of work from ourselves and our industry partners to get ourselves back on track. We can't be 100% certain that can be achieved.”

AJAX will not reach IOC until this issue is resolved.
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/n...rogramme_19116

USA: OMFV (Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle). The USA has chosen the 5 teams that will move onto the Design Phase for the OMFV. This part of the development will
will last 15 months to completion before the next phase starts somewhere around the beginning of 2023.
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/n...sign-contracts

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old August 22nd, 2021, 09:08 PM

Lieutenant General

I was actually looking into something that was in no way related to the following. All the Threads I started have matching folders on my PC. However for some reason it didn't make it into the folder, were I to guess, I probably came across this just before having to get ready for work.

Anyway...
UK: AJAX UPDATE: You'll all love this, apparently MOD knew about the vibration issue on AJAX since 2017!!!

Well obviously they run a secure operation, that is until they go before the Parliament anyway!?!
https://www.army-technology.com/feat...orted-in-2019/
https://twitter.com/FTusa284/status/1405089340196278274
(This as "clicked" on where above underlined "2017".)

Note:
The above article also notes the vibration caused stabilization issues for the FCS & 40mm, well no poop!! The point is this is an added issue to what I've already posted about the gun design and loading equipment modifications that the UK decided to make.

Again this is why the French will field the JAGUAR with the same weapons system without modification well before UK gets to IOC or FOC, if ever as posted in my last.

Regards,
Pat

Old October 6th, 2021, 01:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Well it just works out that will be a continuation of my last Post.

National Audit Office (NAO) which is a "Watchdog" organization for the government will be investigating, in effect, what's happened with the following programs; Ajax, Boxer, Challenger, and Warrior (CSV).

I quote from Ref.1, "this will enable us to draw out the systemic issues in the [Ministry of Defense's] management of these programmes."

The report is due for release on March 2022. That being said, it might be late Summer or Fall based on history concerning the SDR and other related programs.

This will no doubt further delay these programs.
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/w...fv-programmes/
https://www.ft.com/content/a0fcb652-...e-f84c8d340ab4

I can't believe I've been tracking this for so long now, Contract signed 10yrs ago and the Army should've had these 4yrs ago.

Well ARJUN took 30 yrs, maybe the above isn't so bad afterall!?!

This seems the appropriate thread concerning my close friend and co-worker Jake "ABRAMS and BRADLEY Driver Extraordinaire" who some of you might remember was of help to me in submitting updates to those platforms (Especially BRADLEY as he tested the driver and thermal optics systems for the M3 version.) a few years back.

He was a combat vet who served in Iraq with 14yrs of service in the Army.

I'm sad to say he passed from COVID-19 after 3wks in ICU on 2 Sept (Another close friend and co-worker lost his wife after 8wks in ICU the previous Sunday, also to COVID-19. It was a rough week for the "Team".). The Memorial Service was on Labor Day with him being interned at the Dallas Tx National Military Cemetery with Full Military Honors later that week.

I will miss him.

Regards,
Pat

Old December 20th, 2021, 04:13 PM

Lieutenant General

I have a couple of updates; one will require a change to its START
date and the next I believe if already taken for action, will require no change.

ISRAEL: The EITAN kind've made us "pull out our remaining hair" a little as Israel tends to be quiet about equipment details until they're fielded.

Based on the following ref. representing many reporting the same news, change...
ISRAEL/CHANGE/EITAN IFV/UNIT 071/START/10/2022 vice 03/2021//
ISRAEL/ADD/EITAN APC/START/10/2022/WEAPON 12.7mm RWS/USE UNIT 071 AS MODEL//
ISRAEL/ADD/EITAN APC/START/10/2022/WEAPON 40mm RWS/USE UNIT 071 AS MODEL//I believe this a "safe" early date, but JAN 2023 might be better.
ALL to have "IRON FIST". Investigating use of ATGM on EITAN IFV.
Reason for change
, from ref. "Allison Transmission received the first production order in September 2021" concerning the transmissions for the EITAN. EITAN wasn't scheduled to be fielded until late/or end of 2021. This transmission order obviously won't support the in game or projected dates. We did the best we could with what information we had at the time. I should point out again, this is a joint U.S. and ISRAELI project.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...g_vehicle.html
https://defense-update.com/20200209_eitan-3.html

(NOT NOW! But here for context.)

If I missed the APCs in the OOB my apologies.

UK: AJAX update again, I know I submitted a date change for around mid-2023, this latest from last month is making it look like that date is probably going to be closer than the current UNIT 602 SEP 2022 one. I'm going to post various quotes from this next ref.
First the title; obviously in time with the Bond movie release one would guess...
"Shaken and stirred: British Army’s Ajax troubles cast a long shadow" and that's the lighter side of the rest. This article as others I've recently posted still casts a very dire possibility it can still be cancelled. They are still being produced at this time.

"Twenty-five vehicles were delivered to the British Army by June 2021 but have yet to be accepted into service due to a number of issues related to noise and vibration."

"The problems with noise and vibration have pitched Ajax at the centre of a controversy here, with some issue experts comparing the procurement with the decision to cancel the Nimrod maritime patrol aircraft in 2010."
The NIMROD cancellation caused quite a stir at the time.

Ajax vehicles should have been in service by now, but Quin (Procurement Minister. Mine) told Parliament recently that until a long-term solution was found it was “not possible to determine a realistic timescale for declaration of initial operating capability or the later introduction of Ajax vehicles into operational service with the Army.

This issue was brought up in the forum. We might never get the true numbers of personnel involved the below does "frame it" somewhat.
"Several hundred personnel have had to undergo possible hearing and vibration injury tests related to the Ajax trials."

ARES now involved as well.
"Following the authorization of an MoD safety panel, a second ARES armored personnel carrier variant of the Ajax is being added to the small fleet of vehicles now gathering data in an effort to resolve the problems."

"The current trials only relate to the noise and vibration issues, and broader testing of the vehicle remains on hold. "

So, no IOC or FOC yet this applies to ARES as well.

To the reader you would do well to read the article in full.
https://www.defensenews.com/digital-...a-long-shadow/

Regards,
Pat

UPDATE @ 2037 concerning AJAX. From JANE'S those affected and treated for hearing and vibration medical issues is at 310 soldiers and were not acted upon by the British Army. That from an MOD Minister to Parliament. Things are to get nasty.
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/l...on-uk-mod-says

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; December 20th, 2021 at 09:44 PM..
Old December 23rd, 2021, 03:45 AM

Lieutenant General

Don,
To finish up on Israeli EITAN:
1. What I forgot ... The APC version also has a Pintal Mount MG 7.62mm for the Commander. It's mounted forward of the RWS on the right side.

2. ATGW ...
It's the SPIKE MR, as I remember this has a larger warhead on it than the standard SPIKE. I can't remember if the only difference with the SPIKE LR is just the range.

3. One of the "unknowns" at the time, armor...
Frontal Arc protection "up and including" against 30mm AP.

The rest "up to and including" against 14.5mm AP.

The above values reflect the protection straight from the factory w/o add on protection. It from the start was considered the best protected APC in the world.

4. Also I found that the 30mm w/coaxial 7.62mm, is capable of extremely high elevation to attack skyscrapers in urban combat from lessons learned. Obviously, that being said, it'd be highly effective against helicopters as well.
http://www.military-today.com/apc/eitan.htm

I gotta get to bed-had a long day.

Regards,
Pat
Attached Images

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; December 23rd, 2021 at 03:55 AM..
Old April 8th, 2022, 12:43 PM

Lieutenant General

FULLY REFITTED/PAINTED and UPARMORED BUSHMASTERS (First 20) in the air NOW!

Australia continuing support of Ukraine. They asked for them now they're getting them.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...41c629a2a61abf

Someone needs to get in the shower NOW

Regards,
Pat

Old April 8th, 2022, 01:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

...And the UK is sending Mastiff PPV to Ukraine

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/brit...es-to-ukraine/

It's rare (GIANT UNDERSTATEMENT) to have an OOB that nobody paid much attention to be updated with new weapons and equipment on a daily basis

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 8th, 2022, 01:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
FULLY REFITTED/PAINTED and UPARMORED BUSHMASTERS (First 20) in the air NOW!

Australia continuing support of Ukraine. They asked for them now they're getting them.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...41c629a2a61abf

Someone needs to get in the shower NOW

Regards,
Pat
Well....... I already have them in for April so "close enough"

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: