Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old January 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM

Private

alejes02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Two Cents

At the risk of sounding like a plant, I've just got to say that this is one of the best games I've ever played. I just finished two games against the AI, both as Japan, and lost the first but won the second. Thus, after about my umpteenth game, I'm not sure the criticisms against the AI are valid. I tried different strategies in each game and found that the AI countered them differently. It definitely isn't locked into a set strategy and seemed to adapt to my change in strategic direction. I know that I keep gushing about this game--it's just that after playing SO many games over the years, I finally found another "Panzer General," a game that I simply can not stop playing and will remain on my hard drive for many, many years to come.
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:53 AM

Sergeant

MarkL is on a distinguished road

I just read the review by Steve Butts and it seems to be good. I have based a few of my purchases from his reviews.

I hope a few more military game sites get sent a copy for review. So far I have only found a screen shot page at Strategy Informer, hopefully they will review it soon. But I may have missed it.

Cheers MarkL
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:50 PM

Private

alejes02 is on a distinguished road

I agree. This thing needs to get noticed. If more people buy, we might get a sequel.
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road

Indie games always have an uphill battle in getting reviewed. Indie wargames, doubly so. While we hope that the official reviews keep coming it's always an unknown.

But War Plan Pacific has been graced with getting a lot of buzz before its release. Plenty of folks talked about it on forums and in groups, and it was our best selling pre-order in the past five years. The fact that so many folks were ready to purchase based entirely on the idea of the game (this was after all prior to any demo release) I think says something. KE Studios obviously touched a chord on what strategy gamers want to play.

The other day it got mentioned on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, which was nice to see because that's a very high profile gaming blog. Ultimately though it always seems like the best cheerleaders for indie games are the fans. So if you enjoy the game please be sure to tell your friends, co-workers, meter readers, whoever, about it. And thanks for being a fan of the game!
Old January 7th, 2009, 02:40 AM

Sergeant

MarkL is on a distinguished road

One thing going for this title is no real bad press on this forum, no real disgrunted players.

I remember when "Sins of a Solar Empire" can out stardock complained about the number of forum threads that were negative. They thought it cost them same sales.

There are so many people ready to knock new titles these days, that the lack of negative press for this title is a real bonus.

Cheers MarkL
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:54 AM

Private

panzerkiller is on a distinguished road

Every casual wargamer should buy this and trust me it is easy to get into

I still remember the day I bought War In The Pacific by Matrix few years ago and until today I have yet to complete a turn

With War Plan Pacific , I am enjoying to the fullest , it has become one of the best purchase for me this year

It will be a nice entry for those who love Pacific War but are frighten by those complicating and complex rules

This game will do what Panzer General has done to the wargaming community

Cheers
PK
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:23 PM

Private

Mouse is on a distinguished road

I really think WPP is one of the most elegant systems I've ever seen in a wargame. I too bought War in the Pacific some time ago, but never got through the first turn (I hear the first turn takes about 3 hours). Somehow WPP has condensed a grognard-level wargame into something clean and simple. It maintains a perfectly satisfying number of meaningful choices, historical accuracy, and clear, but varied victory conditions. The AI is a little weak, I must admit, but I expect to get some good fun out of the multiplayer. Two thumbs up!

---> Mouse