.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 16th, 2007, 05:41 PM

Sergeant

solops is on a distinguished road
Default 3.08 Unit stats

Is there a spreadsheet around that shows unit stats for 3.08?

Also, is there a screen in the game that shows who has declared war on me? I can never remember.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. Judge Learned Hand
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that They are not out to get you.

Old May 16th, 2007, 05:47 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.08 Unit stats

Funny you should post this question just now. See my sig.

As to the second question, no, there is not.
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:12 AM

Sergeant

solops is on a distinguished road

Thank you. What convenient timing!

What is an ODS file and how does one read it?
And congratulations on the largest Excel spreadsheet I have ever seen. It is 4 times larger than any I have ever had to work with. Whew!

Lastly, if the Devs have it in their hearts, it would be nice to have the "Who has threatened me with war" data incorporated into one of the currently existing screens (Pretender list, charts or national sitrep). I try to remember those things but invariably forget. And my little notes to myself disappear into the clutter of my desk after a day or so. The only games I play are against the AI, so I have no one to remind me :-)

Hey< I just noticed...after about 6 years, I finally made Sergeant!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. Judge Learned Hand
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that They are not out to get you.

Old May 17th, 2007, 03:05 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

The .ods file type is Open Office spreadsheet. I use Open Office exclusively. It's the same file as the Excel one, only the original version. It takes a much longer time to load up, but I like OO better than MS Office.

The reason the Excel file is so big is that the functions on the display pages contain some seriously big arrays that are referenced sometimes multiple times in the same formula. They are intentionally overlarge so that I do not need to rewrite the formulas every time more stuff gets added into the game. Once was quite enough. Currently the number of things in the game (units, weapons and armor) could be doubled before I need to even consider looking at the formulas.
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:03 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
solops said:
Lastly, if the Devs have it in their hearts, it would be nice to have the "Who has threatened me with war" data incorporated into one of the currently existing screens (Pretender list, charts or national sitrep). I try to remember those things but invariably forget. And my little notes to myself disappear into the clutter of my desk after a day or so. The only games I play are against the AI, so I have no one to remind me :-)
With the AI it's easy: It always is against you, or ignoring you at best. With human players, the situation is far too complex to keep track of it in the game. As only one player can win, it's up to a player to decide what his diplomatic relations with another nation are and how to show them. Since there's no ally feature, if and how much two players work together or against each other is decided just at leisure by the players. Somebody could tell you one thing and do something completely different. Yeah, I had to learn that myself, too.
Emergency comic relief