.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old February 13th, 2006, 10:14 PM

Private

OmegaMagus is on a distinguished road
Default Battlestar Galactica MOD V2.0 release

I've been promising it for a while, so here it is! There are some things that are already being tweaked and worked on. Until I churn out another update, Enjoy!

[EDIT] Changed Galactica's long range gun from a missile launcher to a long range version of the Flak cannon, this looks a lot more like the show then the missiles. [/EDIT]

[EDIT] Update 2.2
Changes:
-Galactica's siluette has been updated
-Galactica's anti-cap ship guns have a more noticeable smoke trail
-Galactica's guns have been tweaked and moved to allow more missiles/fighters through and given more realistic firering arcs
-Galactica can launch 3 wings (12 total) of Vipers
-Basestar missiles now target fighters
-Basestars fire more missiles
-Cylon missile sprites have been changed to look more "Cylon"
-Basestars can launch 8 wings (24 total) of Raiders
-Fixed some minor "features" in my "code" that lead to some preatty random crashes
[/EDIT]
Attached Files
File Type: zip 405966-battlestar V2.2.zip (185.3 KB, 3196 views)
Old February 17th, 2006, 04:02 PM

Private

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica MOD V2.0 release

Yes I replaced the original with the update (no need to keep the old one around when there is a newer one)
Old February 17th, 2006, 10:50 PM

Private

MajorDiarr is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the new one is good enough to dispose of the last one. It only needs a few changes, smoke for the long guns, more fighters for both sides, and more missiles for the Cylons.
Old February 18th, 2006, 08:04 PM

Private

3 is on a distinguished road

Did you watch the show last night?
I think it's fair to assume that Galactica has the same armaments as the Pegasus. When Lee brought the Pegasus around to open fire on one of the Basestars, two distinct types of ammunition were fired out of the forward-facing guns. There were long-range simple projectile weapons (like your long-range Flak cannon). However, there were also projectiles of some kind that left a massive smoke trail & also glowed yellow/orange which suggests that they are missiles.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:46 AM

Private

Yeah I did notice that. But I assume that because Pegasus is a newer ship, she would have what Galactica has and then some. I don't think that Galactica has fixed main guns like Pegasus does, since in every battle I've seen she is broadsiding her opponents. However I have also seen schematics (mostly for the old series) for Galactica where they mention a "missile battery." I am going to err on the side of caution and keep things the same until I see proof or significant evidence otherwise.

On another note, I have released an update. This pushed my MOD up to version 2.2 (and I used to think that I wasn't going to update as often as I have been). I am looking for top-down views of Colonial Rapters, Pegasus, and Cylon Heavy Raiders (preferably high-res or screen caps from the show) so I can add them into my MOD. I will be making a full conversion if I can find (most of) these three ships, but until I do this MOD will stay low-key.

Enjoy!
Old February 23rd, 2006, 05:43 PM

Private

As I mentioned in my last post I am looking for topdown views of Rapters, Heavey Raiders and the Battlestar Pegasus. I might have a shot of a Raptor (although it isn't very good). I am going to need some help looking for pictures of these ships. Any help in locating these ships would be greatly appreciated.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:56 PM

Private

3 is on a distinguished road

On a side note:
This morning I watched the mini-series again. From what I saw, the Raiders' ammunition had a blue glow, where as the Vipers' glowed orange. I'm going to have to compare with some later episodes, but I don't remember if this was only used in the pilot or not.
Might be an interesting touch; a nice way to differentiate the two during larger-scale encounters.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 07:11 PM

Private

All Cylon weapons have a distictive blue glow to them and all Colonial weapons have a simular red/orange glow. I also have Season one and two (thank god for DVR's) and when I have the time I'm going to start going through them. But until then I'm limited to internet searches and they aren't showing much.
Old February 24th, 2006, 05:22 PM

Sergeant

Fingers is on a distinguished road

Just tried this for the first time, pretty nifty

One thing you might consider with the smoke trails, make a new more "elongated" smoke sprite (e.g. oval rather than circular) so you won't have to set the particle effect's RATE value so low. I think you could cut the number of particles in half pretty easily without changing the looks too much.
Old February 28th, 2006, 04:25 AM

Private

I took a shot from the show of a smoke trail and made it into a sprite. It looks really good, as long as I keep it under a certain size. After that it starts looking... well just weird. I've also been playing around with the sprites that are already in the game, but still no real inprovements, just different looks. And even though I've cut down the number of particles on screen, I still get gaps in the smoke trails and with the elongated sprites it looks even worse then before. I'm not done playing around yet, so I might still be able to make this work.

[EDIT] Question removed, just me being an idiot =b~ [\EDIT]