Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old June 1st, 2015, 11:04 PM

Corporal

Wiking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Might have to take it on the chin with this one. You're using the German ORBAT, right? Though I don't know of a solution for pushing back until 1950's, at the very least I'd think you can probably leave morale and experience alone for the most part. Even a victorious Germany would likely be totally exhausted as a result of conscription and the things it had endured, so I don't think letting morale and experience drop into the 60's and low 70's is too terribly upsetting. You could also bolster paratrooper and commando units in the formations by granting them larger bonuses to keep them in line with what they ought to be.

Really wish I knew what to suggest for the dates though, that might not be something that can be fixed.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:52 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

Morale and experience isn't too much of a problem. That is true. I'm thinking of using Denmark and the FRG. I do have two OOBs chock-full with various units, after all.

As for start dates... , I will attempt to fix this. Maybe there is a work around.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 06:19 PM

Corporal

Hey Monty, I have a suggestion. Why not just use Austria in addition to Denmark? It kills two birds with one stone: a surviving Greater Germany, Nazi or not, would likely still control that territory and it allows you to go from 1946 to 2020 with no problems. FRG would be unsatisfying as it ends in the beginning of the 1990's, right as the really fun stuff comes around.

I think most people who would be playing this would not really care about the fate of Austria or Denmark anyways, as far as playable ORBATS goes

The only other question I have is what sort of campaign locations would be generated by using one or both of those ORBATS? I think that's mostly hardcoded isn't it?
Old June 2nd, 2015, 07:04 PM

Captain

Austria has the wrong infantry colours. By FRG I meant West Germany i.e. Germany proper. Good point regarding the maps. I had completely forgotten that .
Old June 2nd, 2015, 08:57 PM

Corporal

Oops, forgot East Germany was GDR! I'm more of a World War 2 guy than Modern truth be told And I forgot Austria changed infantry colors. Is West Germany still the only one that has the grey infantry sprites? A little surprising.

I know for Random Campaign generation, if you're fighting say, the USA or the Soviets as Germany in MBT you'll mostly get battle-locs in Central Europe (Germany, Czech Republic rarely). Obviously you can load custom maps up or make your own in the middle of a campaign but if there's a way to freshen that up it would be nice.

Thankfully if you take Germany adventuring out against say, Egypt or China it works perfectly fine and you get a nice exotic locale
Old June 3rd, 2015, 05:17 PM

Captain

Italy, Spain, Denmark, Albania and the VC have the Grey infantry colour. A few others too. Not sure which ones though. Good to know that exotic locales are not completely excluded.
Old June 16th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Corporal

Out of curiosity, and since the original postings are so old, I was wondering if you could give a brief summation of the forces you're representing?

Will it be primarily Heer and Luftwaffe troops, or will SS and various secondary forces be available? You mentioned using two nations to represent two OOB's, so I was curious what the game plan was in more detail. If you don't have the time to get into it I'll understand, but I started thinking about the kampfgruppe's I'd be making and I wanted to inquire
Old June 20th, 2015, 05:57 PM

Captain

In OOB 35 the following troops are represented:

Regular Heer infantry (leg/motorised - trucks and later wheeled APCs), Pioneers (Leg, mechanised - halftracks and fully tracked) Panzergrenadiers (halftrack as well as fully tracked), Gebirgsjäger and Waffen-SS (Leg, mechanised - fully tracked). In each case the full accompaniment of scouts and pioneers are there where applicable.

In OOB 44:

Fallschirmjäger (leg/aircraft/KraKa), Luftlandetruppen (Fjgr. in Helicopters), Brandenburgers (in various guises). Additionally I have colonial troops in the form of both lightly equipped police type units (leg/motorised) followed by regular colonial infantry (think Afrikakorps or Mediterranean theatre in a COIN role). Last but not least a Marine landing element(a Seebataillon analogue with more appropriate kit and implied troop strength). The Marines, Paras and Brandenburgers all have pioneer units and scouts. The regular infantry have scouts too.

I am toying with the idea of adding in mounted troops (these would be in the Green OOB along with a couple of other loose ends).
Old June 20th, 2015, 06:11 PM

Captain

Armour wise 35 is where the heavy tanks, Jagdpanzers and heavier MBTs are. 44 has a lighter emphasis. I'm play-testing and ironing out kinks in the OOBs. There was a real doozy of a problem with some formations not showing up in the special companies I created. Fixed most of it now though.
Old June 20th, 2015, 07:56 PM

Corporal

That is actually really logical and cool. I am more excited for this than ever, as I've been wanting to really sink my teeth into MBT for a while but the default German ORBAT just never did it for me.