.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old May 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Alt History Campaign, 44-46 (sw) SS KG Griffon

Aug44: The White Uprising against the Stalinists has all but halted the Red Army advance on the Eastern Front. Now resources are now finally being freed up for a more vigorous defence of the Reich in the West.

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img][img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img]I'm being given the command of a fairly well equiped SS Heavy Kampfgruppe, Orbat as follows:

2x Recce Groups
1Kp(-) 12 X Panther A's Late Production
1Kp(-) 10 X Tiger I's Late Production
4 X Pz Grenadier Platoons
Attached-
4 x PzJgr 38
4 x PzJgr IV 75L48
6 x SPAAA Units
2 x 1,7cm Btty
2 x 1,5cm Rct Btty
1 2,8cm Rct Btty
3 x AAA for Rear Ech Def

Our tasking sees us advancing into lost ground, this will be the first time since being driven from the Aliied Beach Head. This could lead to a major counterattack.

The Abwehr is convinced a British Panzer Force is moving to secure the same 5 bridges we've been assigned to seize and hold. Div has made available for our advance the following:

3 x 122mm Btty
2 x 1,5cm Btty
a few Recce MC's

Plus we will have two new wonder weapons joining us, they are called "Hubz" for short. I read during my hospital stay they will be useful for spotting the enemy.

Obj A- is two small bridges in this small vaillage here in the North of our sector.

Obj B- is this 150m bridge in the middle of our sector

Obj C- is two small bridges in this small vaillage here in the South of our sector.

A Tiger heavy force with a Pz Gren Plt will race for Obj A.
A Panther heavy force with a Pz Gren Plt will race for Obj B.
2 x Pz Gren Plts with attached Panzers and Jagdpanzers will race for Obj C.

Advance will commence 0800hrs after the prep fire on possible enemy routes of advance.

Good Hunting, Men

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:20 AM

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Alt History Campaign, 44-46 (sw) SS KG Griffon

Sitrep 001

The attack went well, and all bridges were secured and held. British Forces counterattcked as expected, but it was broken up by well cordinated Arty strikes and my KG's actions and speed of which they adopted a defensive posture around the bridges.

Of note, the attack on Obj B, was made by a large Infantry Force, Armour only appeared on the flanks towards A & C Objectives.

Loses included 4 Panthers, 1 Tiger,& 2 PzJgr IV's. 1 Pz5 was to arty, 2 Pz5's and the Tiger were to those damn PIAT Teams, and 1 Pz5 to a Firefly, PzJgrs lost to unknown reasons possible arty or Inf attackd. Also 8 HT's were taken out by JABO's, One of which we may have shot down it was seen smoking heavily as it left the area. Our two Hubz did well, but were brought down by ground fire, shortly before the battle ended.

British ground forces suffered massive destruction, and retired on foot.

Comendations to my Recce and Pz Grens for jobs well done, and Iron Crosses (PH) to the Hubz pilots.

Recommend to Div, Hubz need armour to be more effective over a hostile battlefield.

Seems Div only sees our victory as a MV, so my KG won't see any new kit or troops. Repairs and Replacements will have to do for now.

Of course as always, "Where was the Luftwaffe?"

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img]Obersturmbannfhrer PanzerBob out [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img]

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:38 AM

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Alt History Campaign, 44-46 (sw) SS KG Griffon

Sept 44,

The war in the East is finished, the new Russian government has emerged as Nationist one, and we've withdrawn back to the Polish Frontier. We're told we are withdrawing to gain time to regroup Eastern Assets into the our front. Yet the Luftwafffe has not regained the skys......I'm left to wonder where will this end.

Our newest orders find us in the NL, we are slow up or stop the advance the Canuks, I'm told to expect a stiff time of it.

We are to deploy along HWY 2 in the sector, it's a raised HWY, which passes as a defensive feature in this flat land.

All Panzers, will deploy along the HWY, PzGren will do the same and provide a screen as well, Support Units shall utilize the rear area in what cover they find. AAA assets are to deploy in such a manner to provide max AA Def.

I've managed to weddle 3 PAK 75's and 3 Btty of 122's for support.

Good Hunting, Men

Old May 20th, 2007, 09:42 AM

Sergeant

serg3d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Alt History Campaign, 44-46 (sw) SS KG Griffo

Don't you feel little short of infantry ? Only one inf company for 2.5 panzer companies ? Do you have any problems with enemy infantry AT weapon ?
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Private

john1761 is on a distinguished road

I am new here. I'd like to ask where you got this scenario from?
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:55 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
serg3d said:
Don't you feel little short of infantry ? Only one inf company for 2.5 panzer companies ? Do you have any problems with enemy infantry AT weapon ?
Good day,

Actually, Yes and No, I didn't mention (should have) these are Plt's cobbled together for the remains of others. For reasons of my own I made them into Heavy PzGren Plt's divided them into two Companies (minus), As follows:

1st Kp SS PzGren

HQ; SMG Sect
MMG Sect
x2 HT

1Plt:
SMG Sect
PzGren Sect
PzGren Sect
(sw)PzGren x 12cm Mtr, PzSrk
MMG Sect
x 5 HT

2Plt:
same as 1plt

PLUS
AT/SP- 4 x Hetzers

AAA-- 2 x Mobelwagen 20mmFV

2nd Kp SS PzGren

HQ, 1 & 2 Plts Same as 1st Kp.
except the AT/AAA lelments.

4 x Jagdpanzer IV's

2 x SP 3.7cm Flak

PLUS 2 x Wirbelwinds attachable by KG HQ.

The only AT wpns I have big problems regularily with are those nasty PIAT's than are more problematic then even Bazookas, Of course there is always that one infernally well hidden ATG, that refuses to die, thankfully they don't always show up.

On the Advance when time allows, I usually roll arty strikes in front of my Recce and adv Inf elements.

Well my troops. wait me, PanzerBob out

Old May 21st, 2007, 02:21 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
john1761 said:
I am new here. I'd like to ask where you got this scenario from?
Welcome aboard, John,

This isn't a set campaign, (Although, I have one in the works). I'm a bit of a Alt History Fan, and I'm using the campaign generator set for 30 battles between Sept44 and Dec46, I've created, some equipment & units based on what the Germans were working on and I'm changing some aspects of history to allow for these to happen.

I'm writing my Orders/AAR/Sitreps as if I'm the CO of my KG. As such, I would only know certain aspects and suttlebutt about the ever changing nature of the war and the situation affecting my KG.

I don't know your exsperiance level, but a lot is possible with this game, this aspect is my current passion.

Enjoy and Cheers, Bob

Old May 21st, 2007, 10:25 PM

First Lieutenant

Sitrep 002

Our KG successfully held the HWY from a concerted, but, disjointed, effort by the Canuks. The KG held fast and even made some probes for intelligence gathering and releive of some of my screen.

Of Note: It appears the Canadians were not expecting us, or at least not in the numbers we had. We had a Bn(+) Heavy Recce hit our position and smack into my Tigers, holding the South Part of our HWY, soon the burning wreckage served only to disrupt my gunners view. Their armour put in late, and seemed to avoid the roads. Given the mud in the open country, this made no sense. Only the GD JABO's putting in their appearances, took their tolls on us

Our loses this battle were mostly by Jabos, they struck our AAA assets first and took out one of our Whirlwinds out. After this every 3-4 minutes the blasted Jabos were back, zeroing in on my Panzers. They took a Panther, then two of my Tigers, mostly with rockets, 4 more Panzers were serously damaged as well. Several minutes before the Canuks disengaged, 2 more of our Panthers perished under Firefly fire. Only 10-15 dismounted troops were casualities, in my screen and during the rescue of one position.

The Canuks gave up their attack after 45 mins or so, I beleive we wiped out a Recce Bn possibly to the man, how they thought 37mms would take out Tigers I don't know.

Courage, under air attack, I commend my entire KG for standing fast.

Div is pleased, Our actions with the efforts of others have allowed us to hold for a change. The Abwehr claims that the Allied Armies south of here are having supply problems and we are fighting the best supplied. I'm also told this is why I'm seeing no air support, there is a now directed interdiction campaign. Rumours abound that RM Fatman is dead.

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img]Obersturmbannführer PanzerBob [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Lightning.gif[/img]

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:39 PM

First Lieutenant

Post Disaster Report, KG Griffon

24 March 1945

I'm writing this during my last days in the hospital, Herr Doktor says I'll be fit to command again in a week or two.

After our successful Delaying action and Rest and Repair period, in early Oct 44, we were assigned the task of occupying the town of Cleve, before the Canuks could dig in there. I'm told that we achieved our objective with minimal loses; however I ended up severely wounded.

As part of our refit I managed to obtain a shiny new Befehlspanther, (this was to be my undoing) plus I gave our Recce Gp some Heavy Spahwagens, plus some upgrades to our SPAA capability. On loan from Div we were blessed with a few new HUBZ for recce purposes and some attached arty bttys.

We took the town and the X roads leading into it in good order. The Canuks put in their attack just as the last of my slower vehicles were pulling into posn. The initial 15 or so minutes saw some causalities and two Panthers out of action by Fireflies.

I decided to move up to check out the scene myself, not a good idea. Despite, moving from one concealed spot to another, we were spotted by JABO's. Three Typhoons swept over the rear area, the first, taking out a near by damaged Whirlwind, then the other two, dived in on my crew and me. Both scored hits all over my Panther with cannons and rockets, it was a nightmare, but one I woke up from in the white clean sheets of a hospital bed, 2 weeks later.

The Doctors say to was lucky, to have only minor burns, 2 broken legs, crushed ribs, concussion and I was one big bruise. My crew didn't make I'm told.

I've also heard since being here that the war is turning to our favour. The Russians did truly quit the war and turned to internal matters, the way I understand it, the purges now under way are making Stalin's look like a cakewalk.

Two other events, have influenced the war as well, Hitler finally realised his Doctor was a quack, (he was retired) and has stopped his regiment of drugs, upon rising from the fog, he realised that he was running war when he had not the expertise, he has since passed back the baton to the General Staff. The other event was the execution of RM Goering, for treason, for his failure to defend the Reich from the constant Bomber Raids and allowing the Allies to achieve air-superiority over Western Europe.

These events have allowed the right leaders to be put into power, for example Galland is now the RLM, and since has stopped the USAAF/RAF Bomber Raids, and while the skies over our troops aren't clear yet, the Allies no longer have free reign over us or the Fatherland.

This has also allowed for better weapons and troops to be realised. Two days ago, I saw the launch of our first Amerika Missile, on this TV thing here at the hospital, claimed a hit in New York City, but rumour says it came down some place called Scanton. I must say Yanks are scratching their heads on that one. Most troops now have StG44's, new and more efficient Panzers and SPW's are on the way. We've pushed back into France, and the Allies are now having continual supply and moral problems.

It's March 1945, Spring, I feel reborn, and I've been here too long, maybe this afternoon when RM Heydrich passes through on his official visit, he'll have news of where I'm to be posted. I understand my old Division is with Army Group Rommel in central France, that would fine with me.

Obersturmbannführer PanzerBob

Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM

First Lieutenant

SSKG Griffon War Dairy - 13 April 1945

It' good to be in command again, I've been given a Battalion (minus) and she shall bear the Griffon name again as SSKG Griffon. Noted differences from Oct 44 is she has a stronger AA element, and finally an organic Air Support UNIT, with three Attack Helos called Tornadoes, They are ugraded version of the Dragon, with some armour, 1x 30mm cannon 2x door MG's and 12 HE rockets and 12 Panzerblitzes. We are to see how to best employ them. Finally some real on call Air Support!

SSKG GRIFFON

HQ Grffon

BEOB GP
3X BEOBW
1X SPW

PZAUK ZUG (-)
1X SWSPAH

1 PZAUK GP
3X KR
1X LESPAH
1X SWSPAH

2 PZAUK GP
3X KR
1X LESPAH
1X SWSPAH

PANTHER KP (-)
2X PANTHER

1 PANTHER ZUG
5X PANTHER

2 PANTHER ZUG
5X PANTHER

FLAKPZ GP
2X FLAKPZ

TIGER KP (-)
2X TIGER

1 TIGER ZUG
4X TIGER

2 TIGER ZUG
4X TIGER

FLAKPZ GP
2X FLAKPZ

SS PZGREN KP
1X PZGREN SMG
1X MMG
2X SPW

1 PZGREN ZUG
1X PZGREN SMG
3X PZGREN
1X SWPZGEN (2X 12.CM MTR)
1X MMG
5X SPW

2 PZGREN ZUG
1X PZGREN SMG
3X PZGREN
1X MMG
5X SPW

JAGDPZ ZUG
4X JAGDPZ

FLAKSPW GP
2X FLAKSPW

SS PZGREN KP
1X PZGREN SMG
1X MMG
2X SPW

1 PZGREN ZUG
1X PZGREN SMG
3X PZGREN
1X MMG
5X SPW

2 PZGREN ZUG
1X PZGREN SMG
3X PZGREN
1X MMG
5X SPW

JAGDPZ ZUG
4X JAGDPZ

FLAKSPW GP
2X FLAKSPW

STURM PZ ZUG
4X STURMPANZER

ANGRIFF HUBZ GP
3X TORNADO HUBZ

ORGANIC ARTY BN
1x 17cm BTTY
1x 22cm BTTY
2x 15cm Howitzers

My KG has been tasked with holding the high ground here in Central France, South of Paris in the Romilly Sur Seine Area. We are to hold until Div passes through us. Div has allotted us 3x 12.2cm Bttys and 1 15.2cm Btty to assist us.

I'm told we are facing some of Patton's cowboys, so we must ever vigilent, as this Patton, could turn a probe into full blown attack.

Pzgen's you are to deploy as screen as many blind spots are apparent dispite our height advantage. Tiger Kp deploy along the ridge using max concealment, Panther Kp to be disperse in a manner which they will be able to responce to any problems which manifest themselves.

AA Assets are to close up as close to the main LOD as possible and still have good observation for those cursed JABO's

Our Tornado Gp, are to remember that you are more valued as a live observer, than a dead warrior, weapons are to be used in self def. or on my direct orders.

Good Hunting Men, Obstmbnfhr, PanzerBob