.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 13th, 2009, 02:18 PM

Private

Il Magno is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An Introductory Guide to the Lizardmen Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
There is a massively gorgeous map of the old world alreay available to play with. Can't exactly remember the author or what he called the map, but it shouldn't be too hard to find in the mod forums.
You are right, I think it is still available in the mod section, the part were all of them are listed and grouped together by alphabetic order, maps and mods are there.

Just to name some I remeber there's also a Middle Earth one and if I am not wrong a Rohan mod.

The fantastic part of this game is that to change army I do not have to collect and paint hundreds of models

Old March 14th, 2009, 05:07 AM

Private

alansmithee is on a distinguished road

I tried it out awhile ago, and I initially thought they were way overpowered. After playing awhile, they seemed at lot more balanced. The sacreds are amazing, except they have a map move of 1, which really limits them. Of course, it's mitigated by the fact they're recruit anywhere. Or would be, if the forts weren't all expensive. And the Slann are really good battle mages, but I didn't find them to be very effective at too much else. For instance, not being able to use hammers really hurts the nation a lot. And they aren't able to take advantage of many boosters, either. I'd say they're right in the middle of the base nations. Of the 4 in the warhammerama package, I found the Tomb kings the strongest, Lizardsmen and Skaven about average (although some of the Skaven heros seem too good) and Ogres very weak past year 2-3. But all do seem to capture the feel of the tabletop nations, if not the same power level of the respective nation on the tabletop game
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:45 AM

Private

Il Magno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmithee View Post
I tried it out awhile ago, and I initially thought they were way overpowered. After playing awhile, they seemed at lot more balanced. The sacreds are amazing, except they have a map move of 1, which really limits them. Of course, it's mitigated by the fact they're recruit anywhere. Or would be, if the forts weren't all expensive. And the Slann are really good battle mages, but I didn't find them to be very effective at too much else. For instance, not being able to use hammers really hurts the nation a lot. And they aren't able to take advantage of many boosters, either. I'd say they're right in the middle of the base nations. Of the 4 in the warhammerama package, I found the Tomb kings the strongest, Lizardsmen and Skaven about average (although some of the Skaven heros seem too good) and Ogres very weak past year 2-3. But all do seem to capture the feel of the tabletop nations, if not the same power level of the respective nation on the tabletop game
Morning guys
I downloaded the mod this morning: I think it is a very very nice one, so as I usually say in such cases. BIG LAKES!!
The feeling of the army list is there and the graphic is pretty nice.
some troops looks to me a little bit overpowered, I refer mainly to skinks on naggy and on pteradonts, they should be just disturbing units imho but they whiststand an assault to indy archers withou taking casualties......
Than slanns not capabe to use the hammers and the forts costs are real drawbacks.
Now my frenzy is growing up, and I am going to download skaven too, I like the idea to play lizzy vs ratlings (tomorrow morning)