.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific > Scenarios and Mods
Notices

Old December 12th, 2008, 07:57 PM

Private

GJK is on a distinguished road
Default Modding WPP

Judging by the demo, it appears that the only thing that can be "modded" in the game is the XML files that hold some of the units parameters. So in other words, the community won't be able to change the graphics or sounds because that are self-contained .NET packages that are compiled. Is this correct?

What happens if you ADD or REMOVE units from these XML files, will the game recognize them?

Does a scenario editor ship with the game or instructions on what can be changed in these XML files?

Thanks.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:47 AM

Private

CaptainPellew is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Modding WPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJK View Post
Judging by the demo, it appears that the only thing that can be "modded" in the game is the XML files that hold some of the units parameters. So in other words, the community won't be able to change the graphics or sounds because that are self-contained .NET packages that are compiled. Is this correct?

What happens if you ADD or REMOVE units from these XML files, will the game recognize them?

Does a scenario editor ship with the game or instructions on what can be changed in these XML files?

Thanks.
Yes, this game appears to be highly moddable. That's one of the reasons I bought it after trying the Demo. As soon as I got the full version, I modded the scenarios to include a lot of new ships, such as cleveland class cruisers and additional Baltimore class ships as well as several hypothetical ships, such as the Montana class battleships and Type 65 class battlecruisers,for both sides. I don't think you can add new ship pictures, but I was able to have the additions use existing pictures with no problem. I'm hoping to create some later war scenarios and maybe a scenario set in the 1930's called War Plan Orange, with Lexington class battlecruisers and the cancelled Japanese battleships and battlecruisers from their 8-8 Plan. Hope to see further interest in modding this game, as I think its one of the best games I've come across in quite awhile.

Regards:
Captain Pellew
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainPellew For This Useful Post:
Old January 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM

Private

CaptainPellew is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modding WPP, new scenarios

Well, I've got two modded scenarios with extra units added. Does anyone want them? If so I need to know how and where to upload them. These are the Standard and After Infamy scenarios with new added ships, so let me know if anyone is interested.

Regards:
Captain Pellew
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:02 PM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modding WPP

Hi CaptainPellew:

Great news. You can upload the mods in this forum. Just start an new thread and use the manage attachments button to upload the files.