BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 13th, 2022, 02:05 AM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2022 updates?

Is this possible? Take two blank oobs. Put Blue and Orange flags. Put two standard picklists to each one. Add them. Do no orbat research for them. They are blank. Why? Those people who want a Lithuanian, Laotian, Venezuelan, Irish, or Congolese OOB can do the work and make one.

If it's not possible, then forget it.

troopie
Old March 13th, 2022, 12:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

You have been around long enough to know this

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT RED AND GREEN ARE FOR.

Use the existing formation structure as it is the OOB now ( INf / Tank Coys and Platoons, aircraft etc ) and it will play as an opponent for the AI. If you don't want that then just build whatever you want and use it for Human opponents only

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 13th, 2022, 01:46 PM

Corporal

Felix Nephthys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
Is this possible? Take two blank oobs. Put Blue and Orange flags. Put two standard picklists to each one. Add them. Do no orbat research for them. They are blank. Why? Those people who want a Lithuanian, Laotian, Venezuelan, Irish, or Congolese OOB can do the work and make one.

If it's not possible, then forget it.

troopie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
You have been around long enough to know this

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT RED AND GREEN ARE FOR.

Use the existing formation structure as it is the OOB now ( INf / Tank Coys and Platoons, aircraft etc ) and it will play as an opponent for the AI. If you don't want that then just build whatever you want and use it for Human opponents only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrago View Post
is there any info about possible updates for 2022? Might we see new nations? Baltic states? Belarus?
From the WINSPMBT Manual...

"The RED OOB, prior to the break-up of the USSR is a sort of 'Balkan' OOB, using Soviet kit. After the break-up of the FUSSR, it becomes a generic stand in for those FUSSR states which do not have their own OOB, when playing against Russia or Turkey. Playing against Poland, it becomes Byelorussia, as it does against Ukraine. Playing against China, it represents an Eastern FUSSR state, with rather flatter terrain, and less chance of urban areas. To the rest, it remains a 'Balkan' OOB. The OOB also contains generic Soviet-backed insurgents, rebels, government forces, terrorists and more."

I imagine with Baltic States you could just use a Green or Red flag and then just get whatever equipment and troops you need from other countries and just set them as "captured".
Red, green, you're limited only by your imagination.
Old March 13th, 2022, 02:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you use Green for a custom OOB and use Russia as an opponent the game will report the Battle location is South America but this MEANS NOTHING to gameplay. The map will be wrong but we provide an abundance of tools with the game to quickly and easily generate a more appropriate map and if perhaps someone thinks it needs a bit more the full extended map editor is at their fingertips. It takes at most a minute to regenerate a map to a Batloc more suitable as the list of them is in the Game Help and the GG

Georgia was our last addition and that went over without even a "so what" from anyone

PLEASE NOTE the number of custom OOBs being posted for these nations that are requested is ZERO so I suppose a Lithuania. Latvia, Estonia, Belarus might MAYBE find some infinitesimally more use than Georgia but beyond a tiny handful I doubt they would be used any more than Georgia is

Red and Green were included and are assessable for custom OOB's and if the formations are built where the existing formations are built the AI can use them to buy formations

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 13th, 2022, 02:51 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Pretty sure this idea of mine or suggestion is way too much of labor intense, but would it be possible for the game to pick random maps from the Map folder when that option is picked for Battle scenarios/games?

If it already does this, cool, just haven't seen it pick any so I thought I would bring it up. Like I said just an idea. Back to breaking, I mean trying things in the game.
Old March 13th, 2022, 03:06 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

That would be utterly ridiculous - you could be given a beach assault custon map for your meeter and have to deploy on deep water and so all drown or a huge map, a desert for your euro battle map, or have do deoploay your huge core on a 20x20 postage stamp map etc.

if you really wantto do that sort of thing - list out a a few suitabe map numbers and use a pack of cards to choose?
Old March 13th, 2022, 03:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

For those looking for a map that is suitable for the current conflict in many ways use 211 and with the map generator set "Urbanization" to 3 or 4

EDIT Set the Mud level to 100

3 or 4 "Urbanization"sets houses along the roads and I've seen that a lot on the videos on line

Last edited by DRG; March 14th, 2022 at 01:45 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 13th, 2022, 03:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
Pretty sure this idea of mine or suggestion is way too much of labor intense, but would it be possible for the game to pick random maps from the Map folder when that option is picked for Battle scenarios/games?

If it already does this, cool, just haven't seen it pick any so I thought I would bring it up. Like I said just an idea. Back to breaking, I mean trying things in the game.

Would not work for all the reasons Andy listed plus I'll add one more. We include an option to pick a custom map for EXACTLY THOSE REASONS.

How exactly is the Game going to know which one suits your purpose ??

Old March 13th, 2022, 09:58 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:

Would not work for all the reasons Andy listed plus I'll add one more. We include an option to pick a custom map for EXACTLY THOSE REASONS.

How exactly is the Game going to know which one suits your purpose ??
I was just suggesting it, never said it was the best idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karagin For This Useful Post:
Old March 13th, 2022, 10:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
I was just suggesting it, never said it was the best idea.
It's not an issue being labour-intensive just really impractical given the wide range of maps representing a wide range of seasons and terrain and wide range of terrain someone might want to be simulated for their game.

I think Andy saw the beach map issue right away as we already bumped into that with the swap sides feature we are introducing this release. It works with a regular generated map no problem but it does not work with a beach assault which is why a regular map will simply switch the sides the players are on but a beach map will be re-generated when sides are switched