.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 1st, 2008, 01:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Final War

Heh. Xanthus found his way back from the Void, I see.

And now it begins. In all honesty, I just don't see how the two of you can win against Ermor, with the forces I have arrayed against you. We shall see though! At one point in this game, I sent a friendly-neighbour congratulatory message to Cor2, for Pangaea defeating Mictlan... ; )

Above all, let's have fun!

--IndyPendant.
Old August 1st, 2008, 01:32 AM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Well, as you can see, he was a bit "touched". The note that he left his wife implied that he thought the war had already started, and that he was late to meet up with his unit. Officially, our government has no knowledge of this "Void" that you speak of, it's just a rumor.

So this is turn 62 already? Well, bugger. I had thought we were 1 more turn away from the launch of festivities. No bother, I am not going to let my confusion interfere with our fair schedule.

Let's get ready to RUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!

Oh eck. < Wets self, hopes no one can tell underwater. > O.O
Old August 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

By being unable to see how we can win you have made real the possibility of such an occurance. For clearly you have no contingency against what you can not see. By the way, hows the homefront doing?
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old August 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM

Major

Oh Frej, it seems like only yesterday I had brought/summoned you into this world. Now you're all grown up and on top of the Hall and Fame. (tear) 666 kills, I couldn't think of a more fitting number. (breaks down sobbing)

Seriously though, you may be right. I may have no chance to survive. I don't think it really matters at this point though as I have the replay of the battle at Ralothia forever in my possession.

Good first round by the way.

P.S.: My prophet is still alive, fully geared up, and ready for more.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Did I get all of the Elemental Royalty in my territory?

I'm a bit annoyed, I forgot those 2 commanders Patrolling at Caelum - that's 80 or so men that were supposed to be inside right now, going over the plan to break the siege. Where are my advisors?! So fired.

Sun Tzu might have some clever things to say about the present turn. I may beseech him for comment after the next few months play out.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

Heh. Yeah, Ralothia was, uh, funny...; ) Still, there were some (hopefully) nicely exploitable mistakes there. We shall see!

Koromoo was also interesting. I had intended to split my forces evenly last turn between Omicria and The Sinks, but must have forgotten to (I guess). So I debated whether I should attack with my reduced army or not, and finally decided to go for it. Turned out not properly splitting my forces was an unintentional boon, since I still won...and now less of my units are blind researchers and reanimators...: /

As to the elementals...I'm only missing the earth/blood elemental (of the land ones). Antrax, Rhuax, and Pyriphlogos are currently running amok in Mictlan's lands. I'm a bit surprised though; Mictlan doesn't seem to have gone for heat scales?

Ugh. Prepping that turn was horrible! Took me nearly four hours!
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:38 PM

Major

Not all the royalty. All the fire kings, including the king of banefires, is hanging out in my hot hot dominion. They must have heard about our open bar and feather clad Mictlan girls.

Also, one additional comment. Nether Darts... Really?! Indy, Jim, and my Housemate should start a 'We Heart Nether Dart" club. That kind'a spam don't belong on my plate. Don't get me wrong, it's a great spell, and it works great against indies and the unprepared, but really? Its resistible with an MR check and is parried by air shield. Sigh.

Edit: Weird you should say that. Most of my territories and my former territories have heat 3. I took heat 2 and it's early summer.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

Eh. It's a choice between Darts, Star Fires, and Frighten for my Communion Slaves. I'm not too concerned about what they do. You'll notice my Communion Masters don't touch Nether Darts. ; )

And yes, heat scale comment rescinded. I was looking at the wrong provinces. Lack of sleep and all that.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:33 PM

Lieutenant General

Don't rest, play more Dominions! Then in a sleep deprived haze a week from now, rise up screaming, "Why god, why?!" as your empire crumbles!

It could happen.

And I do <3 Nether Darts. It's devastating if you don't have easy access to Arrow Fend. Next game I will make sure to make better use of it earlier in the game, when my opponent is less likely to be ready for it. Besides..... Surgical Mind Blasting solves that whole problem, at least that's what I hear! <3

Someone just taught me a new trick with R'lyeh in another game, so I'm going to see if there's still time to leverage it here, I think so, but we'll see. I just wish I had an easy solution to 600 Longdead Horse. I mean sure, one stack is fine, but 600 here, 600 there, some Air Queens, some Earth Kings..... Where do I start? It's like a crunchy buffet full of ill prepared pufferfish.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:35 PM

Major

I signed in to appologize for my later-then-usual submission. I myself have been dealing with scripting horror and just wanted to take an evening off from Dominions. However it seems I shouldn't feel too bad as you guys weren't waiting on me alone anyhow. I should be good for one turn per day for the next few days.

In regards to dealing with hordes of longdead, comunion banishment spam isn't that bad of a tactic for you. Their MR is low and I'm sure their getting an MR penalty from your dominion. Also, banishment is nearly fatigueless, so your masters and slaves can do it all day long. Cast water ward (underwater only) in order to deflect more of his lance blows.

The alturentive is using a battlefield damage spell that your army can survive.