BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old November 2nd, 2020, 06:29 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road
Default Issue with Scenhack Utility

Okay, I took Scenario 30 War Without End 4/47, I changed out the human Player for my custom Green OOB. I did a one for one swap, infantry for infantry. Seeing that it kept the Polish Ranks for the Green-side, I went over to Scenhack and got the following error

6F68636F

A screenshot is attached.

Now I understand that something like this would come up with a WW2 scenario being messed with, but this is a 1947 scenario built within the WinSPMBT format, all I did was swap Poland out to the Green OOB.

And the only reason I using the Scenhack was to change the ranks and names over the Green OOB ranks and names for the leaders.

Bit confused, so I tried another scenario doing the same thing and this time I took one with Russia vs Germany, 1985 Changed Russia OOB to Green OOB, and got the same error as above.

I then went through the Green OOB, checking to make sure all dates were correct and no weird radio codes and anything odd or out of place, and nothing seemed odd to me at least.

So I am lost as to what is going on, the scenario will play fine with the changes via the in-game editor, but it still shows the Polish Ranks and Names, minor but still a bit of an annoyance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error MobHack ScenHack.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	16168  
Old November 2nd, 2020, 08:16 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Issue with Scenhack Utility

No idea. never seen that before now.
I did roughly what you described.... selected that sceanrio then changed P1 to green then removed some items and bought new eqivalents and then saved and open up scenhack no problem so I'm thinking the problem is ........ "my custom Green OOB"

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 2nd, 2020, 09:23 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
No idea. never seen that before now.
I did roughly what you described.... selected that sceanrio then changed P1 to green then removed some items and bought new eqivalents and then saved and open up scenhack no problem so I'm thinking the problem is ........ "my custom Green OOB"
So what could be the issue with the OOB? I entered everything from the older OOB to the new manually, so not porting or anything like that. Short of that month long task doing it again, what could be causing that error if I can build scenarios with the same Green OOB and NOT have these issues?
Old November 2nd, 2020, 10:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

It might be possible you have entered a non standard character someplace but really it could be anything.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 2nd, 2020, 11:23 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
It might be possible you have entered a non standard character someplace but really it could be anything.

I will go through it again...something to do during Thanksgiving. I did find a slight workaround. I picked a random scenario, then I picked Green for East Germans. Saved it. Then went to ScenHack and changed the East Germans to the Greens, (just there is a joke there) and then went back into the main editor and replaced units etc...so for now that works well enough a small hiccup, but nothing major, OM Arty is somehow the Command unit, but I am working on that...
Old November 19th, 2020, 04:05 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Issue with Scenhack Utility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagin View Post
Okay, I took Scenario 30 War Without End 4/47, I changed out the human Player for my custom Green OOB. I did a one for one swap, infantry for infantry. Seeing that it kept the Polish Ranks for the Green-side, I went over to Scenhack and got the following error

6F68636F

A screenshot is attached.

Now I understand that something like this would come up with a WW2 scenario being messed with, but this is a 1947 scenario built within the WinSPMBT format, all I did was swap Poland out to the Green OOB.

And the only reason I using the Scenhack was to change the ranks and names over the Green OOB ranks and names for the leaders.

Bit confused, so I tried another scenario doing the same thing and this time I took one with Russia vs Germany, 1985 Changed Russia OOB to Green OOB, and got the same error as above.

I then went through the Green OOB, checking to make sure all dates were correct and no weird radio codes and anything odd or out of place, and nothing seemed odd to me at least.

So I am lost as to what is going on, the scenario will play fine with the changes via the in-game editor, but it still shows the Polish Ranks and Names, minor but still a bit of an annoyance.
If I understand, then let me share What I've done in similar circumstance is to buy say Russia, as an ally from of course the Editor. Then, in scenhack I can change leader and formation names. Even, changing the id tag.

Now, when I've "changed" an OOB, I create a custom OOB (for every scenary is my practice.) Then, I call up the Manage OOB Sets utility before proceeding to scenhack.

Again, I maybe way out in left field, to use a baseball metaphor, but if not I hope my sharing is beneficial.

And, finally please consider posting the scen files.

The Following User Says Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post:
Old November 19th, 2020, 04:31 PM

BANNED USER

I will post things once I get the balance I am looking for with my OOB. Your idea sounds interesting, I will give it a try once I have some time.