Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM

Corporal

-Luc- is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Comments, suggestions and problem reports

Hi,

Suggestion 4: CCCP Unit 267 White scout car

That scout car have 4 crew man and I dont understant why...

1 driver, 1 gunner. 2 others are there to push the car?

I saw other version of that unit with more weapon MG, maybe thats why they need a bigger crew, but not the soviet one.

Problem 1: CCCP Unit 205 Shelter bunker and unit 447 Sandbag MG pit

There riffles sound like MG

It's a little bit strange...

Thank you,

-Luc-
Old November 5th, 2011, 02:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Comments, suggestions and problem reports

If you look close at both games there are 38 white scout car units in almost as many nations and the vast majority have 4 man crews not just that Russian one.

Seven of the MBT ones have 3 man crews and two WW2 ones have 2 men. I really (REALLY ! ) don't find anything "odd" about that at all nor do I feel every unit the same in every OOB should always in every case be exactly like every other like unit.

OK ?

The other issue regarding "Problem 1", there is no reason that should be happening and I will put it on the list to investigate but given the game is post WW2 and the default rifle sound is an assault rifle that may be what you are hearing not a "MG" and the rifle effect number needs to be place on those units using single shot rifles.

Don

Last edited by DRG; November 5th, 2011 at 03:01 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Corporal

Exclamation Re: Comments, suggestions and problem reports

Hi,

Suggestion 5: CCCP Unit 896 Chemical team

Maybe that TPO-50 picture is better thant the one with an RPG-2.

Problem 2: CCCP Unit 990 Tank transporter

I'm sure you already know... that unit cant move.

It's the samething with other nation I think.

Thank you,

-Luc-
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Corporal

Smile Re: Comments, suggestions and problem reports

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
If you look close at both games there are 38 white scout car units in almost as many nations and the vast majority have 4 man crews not just that Russian one.

Seven of the MBT ones have 3 man crews and two WW2 ones have 2 men. I really (REALLY ! ) don't find anything "odd" about that at all nor do I feel every unit the same in every OOB should always in every case be exactly like every other like unit.

OK ? [...]

Don
Ok...

I searched about White scout car and, during WW2, US WSC had a crew of 4 because of the number of MG on it:

1*12.7 MG + 2*.30 MG + 1 driver = 4 crew membres

But CCCP version only have 1 12.7 MG... so 2 should be normal.

What bug me a little is the WSC crew is bigger than the reccon team it carry, and without good reason.

And -4 mens is never good when it destroyed.

Thank you,

-Luc-
Old November 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

Some interesting topics on this thread.

Crews

I agree that crews should have minimal self-defense, to reflect a survival mindset once they've abandoned their vehicle. Head for the rear and try not to bump into anyone.
And as many crew abandon a burning vehicle, grabbing an SMG and a belt full of clips may not always be top priority.

Truck Crews

Many military trucks have a driver and ‘drivers mate’ riding shotgun. And as RD said, the 2 crew makes the truck a little harder to kill, which is as it should be IMHO. But I do think small utility vehicles, like Jeeps, should only have 1 crew because there’s no room for a drivers mate, and once hit the compact vehicle should be far easier to KO than a large truck. I believe there are a few Jeeps with crew 2, and personally I would change them to 1 crew.

Ammo Truck Icons

Ammo trucks should obviously not ever be spotted by the enemy, or something's gone wrong With that in mind, the icons are mostly for their own commander to be able to quickly locate his own ammo trucks on the battlefield.

I think the closer you get to the 'sharp end' of the front line the smaller the ammo trucks should be. Trucks that are ferrying ammo right up to the very front, should probably by armoured - as someone already said – and are available to many nations, or you should use ammo canisters which can be ferried in anonymous trucks, and even a right click won’t reveal the contents of the truck, and the enemy has to get real close to spot an unloaded ammo canister.

But if the enemy spots an ammo truck that is stationary and supplying an artillery unit, they would also likely spot a pile of ammo boxes by the back of the truck, so in that case the enemy deserves to instantly know it’s an ammo truck, and a distinctive ammo truck icon is warranted.

Cross
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
Trucks that are ferrying ammo right up to the very front, should probably by armoured - as someone already said –
I said that too

Quote:

... or you should use ammo canisters which can be ferried in anonymous trucks, and even a right click won’t reveal the contents of the truck, and the enemy has to get real close to spot an unloaded ammo canister.
HAHAH!! What a brilliant idea! Never thought of it before, Cross! I always thought that since canisters have zero speed they couldn't be loaded onto vehicles (maybe because the icon shows a pile of ammo rooted to the ground instead of an actual canister LOL). Now that I just made a test and confirmed this, it may open a good avenues for new tactics involving ammo units.

Last edited by RightDeve; November 6th, 2011 at 06:06 PM..
Old November 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Ammo containers always accompany my missile (MANPADS or ATGM) teams.

They can be carried in a land rover type vehicle.

Just hold them back from the firing line in a dip or suchlike (so they do not get blown up) and shuttle empty teams back and forwards using the now unloaded land rover, or the team's own land-rover. if the firing line needs to move - get into the rovers and shift.

A few cheap land rovers or "baby" APC like the Spartan/armoured hummer are a real force multiplier for missile teams. They allow you to shoot and scoot and redeploy rapidly. Allocating about 1 ammo container per 2-3 teams gives the missile teams extra staying power.

Cheers
Andy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Corporal

Smile Re: Comments, suggestions and problem reports

Hi,

Quote:
Some interesting topics on this thread.

Ammo Truck Icons

Ammo trucks should obviously not ever be spotted by the enemy, or something's gone wrong With that in mind, the icons are mostly for their own commander to be able to quickly locate his own ammo trucks on the battlefield.

I think the closer you get to the 'sharp end' of the front line the smaller the ammo trucks should be. Trucks that are ferrying ammo right up to the very front, should probably by armoured - as someone already said – and are available to many nations, or you should use ammo canisters which can be ferried in anonymous trucks, and even a right click won’t reveal the contents of the truck, and the enemy has to get real close to spot an unloaded ammo canister.

Cross
Wow... great... It work for tanks, FG and MLRS...

Thank you very much. Things will be diferent now.

-Luc-
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

The more I think about it and play with things the more I think MRAP type vehicles, tho officially all-terrain should be rated as "wheeled" in WinSPMBT.

Their off-road mobility really us pretty lousy compared to ANY other all-terrain wheeled vehicle.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old November 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM

Corporal

EOT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Ammo containers always accompany my missile (MANPADS or ATGM) teams.

They can be carried in a land rover type vehicle.

Just hold them back from the firing line in a dip or suchlike (so they do not get blown up) and shuttle empty teams back and forwards using the now unloaded land rover, or the team's own land-rover. if the firing line needs to move - get into the rovers and shift.

A few cheap land rovers or "baby" APC like the Spartan/armoured hummer are a real force multiplier for missile teams. They allow you to shoot and scoot and redeploy rapidly. Allocating about 1 ammo container per 2-3 teams gives the missile teams extra staying power.

Cheers
Andy
All my ATGMS & Recoilless AT rifles all have Warhead size of 5 or higher except the M-72 Law. I thought ammo canisters could only resupply up to WH size 4?