winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: OOB 6.0 Norway CV90

There seems to be a wide range of reported ROF. That affects how much ammo we issue. What I have so far for the Bushmaster II 30mm cannon is "up to 250-rounds per minute" The problem is there is no standard for reporting things like this. The gun may fire 200-400 RPM But typically it *may* fire on average 250 RPM. It's hard to know what is "more correct" in game terms

Don
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: OOB 6.0 Norway CV90

Don,
Sorry to be terse, but I have to hit the shower ASAP for work. This website as already provided will give you the ROF straight from the maker (ATK) of the BUSHMASTERs. Click on the weapon you wish to see, ROF at bottom.
http://www.atk.com/capabilities_defe...gs_default.asp

Regards,
Pat
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Pat, believe me, I always appreciate brevity when it gets me the info I need without turning into an easter egg hunt

However..... I am looking at the 40mm Bushmaster IV Automatic Cannon specs from that link and I see info on everything BUT the ROF and I looked right to the bottom

35mm/50mm Bushmaster® III Automatic Cannon ------ YEP-- ROF 200 rounds per minute

30mm/40mm Mk44 Bushmaster® Automatic Cannon ---------YEP-- -- Rate of Fire 200 rounds per minute

25mm M242 Bushmaster® Automatic Cannon ---------YEP-- -- Rate of Fire 200 rounds per minute

( The repetitious "Rate of Fire 200 rounds per minute" is a tad suspicious though but if it's accurate it will some ammo issues once I have all the info on actual ammo carried ready and stowed

Don
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:01 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
However..... I am looking at the 40mm Bushmaster IV Automatic Cannon specs from that link and I see info on everything BUT the ROF and I looked right to the bottom
Don,

I don't think Bushmaster IV is used in any of the CV90 series. The Swedish 40mm AC in 9040 is a Bofors one. 240 rounds per minute claimed by Wikipedia, but... it's Wikipedia.

This site claims 320 http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/...ofors&offset=0 but judging the site by the way it wears it's hair it's not more reliable than wikipedia.
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:09 AM

Lieutenant General

Don,
The CV 90 Series doesn't use the AKT BUSHMASTER IV, from what I can tell and please I've barely scratched the surface of the
"BM IV", is that it was developed for the EFV and currently I don't believe carried on any other platform at this time. That aside, regarding the CV 90 Series this is the 40mm we're looking for...
"MK I" Series:
CV 9040 Sweden ES 1993 PW BOFORS 40mm L/70 Cannon ROF 330Rds.
BOFORS now owned by BAE. L/70 can trace it's roots back to I believe it was 1943 of legendary AA service.

CV 9030 (Export version of the 9040.) Norway ES 1995 PW ATK
30mm ROF 200Rds.
Norway the only country to buy this variant.

CV 9030 MK II (GRENADIER TANK 2000.) Series:
PW for all users is the DP ATK 30/40mm BUSHMASTER II MK 44 ROF
200Rds.

Switzerland, Finland & Norway ES 2002.
Norway in 2003 upgraded 17 to the CV 9030NF1 which included improved mine protection, AC & rear view camera, prepped for Afgan. overseas deployment.

The current operational "King of the Mountain" in the CV 90
Series is...
CV 9035 MK III Series:
PW for all users is the DP ATK 35/50mm ROF 200Rds.

Denmark ES 2008.
Netherlands ES 2008.
These are your current six operators. Netherlands is fielding theirs in the 50mm configuration as these replaced the LEOPARDS they took out of service at the end of 2010/early 2011 as was submitted in the 2011/2012 Campaign. MK III has to also be considered for TI/GSR of 50 due to advanced 3rd Gen. FCS.

Again the 30/40mm or 35/50mm can be operated in either cal. with minor field changes of a handful or less of parts. This might explain the consistent ROF numbers by the manufacturer in this case ATK. Unfortunately depending on your "pov" I suspect this might lead to adding units to reflect this capability as well.

Just saw the above post when I posted, my BOFORS info came off a couple of weapons sites. WW web my .

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; June 14th, 2012 at 03:21 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:39 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

All the Bushmasters use a 2HP motor to drive the things, whatever calibre variant.

Single shot, low rate auto (100RPM), and fast rate auto (200RPM) are the three available speeds offered. Mechanism is the same, only calibre differs.

(There is a naval version of the 25mm with an 8HP motor, that can do 500RPM auto. Irrelevant to us.)

The game has no way to differentiate variable rates of fire - so the max rate is all we can go on as a figure. So all bushmasters will be 200.

The 40/70 on the Swedish model is up in the air, as sources seem to disagree on its actual RPM, but it looks to be about the same as the bushmasters, or near enough for government work (i.e. ~200).

Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:48 AM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Just found this I should've checked here sooner as it's one of my better sources you know I use.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/swede...es_video_.html

From para 1 "The 40 mm gun can be aimed and fired by the commander or gunner selecting single shots at 60 rds/min, or automatic with 300 rds/min cyclic rate of fire. Maximum effective ranges are 2,000 m for ground targets and 4,000 m for air targets."

I suspect the others were showing the Max. ROF @ 330 which as you know many sites use that most of the time.

I seriously need too hit the rack!!!

Regards,
Pat

P.S.
Thanks Andy right ROF, just wrong reasoning on my part for it. I learned something and it makes sense with these type of weapons concerning the drive units. Now about the rack...! Good Night all!!

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; June 14th, 2012 at 03:56 AM..
Old July 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnt View Post
* A vehicle without autocannon to be equipped with Robot 56 Bill mounted to a shooting location outside of the turret. A prototype has been manufacturer and shootings performed in 2001. Currently there's no economical means to enter mass production.
* A 9040 with a mortar or heavy machine gun mounted in turret. Test firing should be done in 2002-2003.
The info on Soldf is a bit dated, and from a time when there was still a Swedish conscript defence with at least a sort of ambition geared towards territorial defence.

Both the experimental CV90 versions, the one with Rbs56 ATGM and the one 120mm AMOS twin mortar system have been represented in game in the Swedish OOB as Strf9040/56 and two different SP-mortar units based on the Grkpbv 120 idea.

Both ideas have however been scrapped and do not exist in the Swedish defence today, and unless something extraordinary happens never will.
Old February 19th, 2017, 03:17 AM

Lieutenant General

This was the first "Norway OOB" thread item I could find to post the ref below. During the "commercial break" I just checked the source and it seems they provide information such as posted below for table top gamester's it looks like. It appears maybe that this might be "another tool in the shed" for you developer types you might also find the "Links" section useful as well.
http://www.fireandfury.com/orbats/modcwnorwegian.pdf
http://www.fireandfury.com/extra/ordersofbattle.shtml

Links...
http://www.fireandfury.com/links.shtml

Thought when I first came across this they were actually re-posting the item from the Norwegian MOD. All in the name of artillery.

Were Norway is heading...
https://forsvaret.no/forsvarsmaterie...02015-2023.pdf
https://www.regjeringen.no/globalass...h-brochure.pdf

This falls into my "One World/One OOB" concept.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 19th, 2017 at 03:28 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: