.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:46 AM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Primordial Cake - [Game In Progress]

The nation of Man salutes the valiant behavior of Bogarus. However, we must condemn their leadership in choosing to side against our ally. We suspect another nation coerced the taxed nation of Bogarus into its stance against those beloved and somehow adorable inhuman abominations.

We will double our efforts to put an end to such coercion by eliminating the highest probable suspect. Now begins the end of the morally weak nation of Arcoscephale. Should you rebuff our efforts, know this, a counter-offensive will prove utterly useless.

I understand you haven't had a very extensive visit of our lands. Please allow us to describe it for you so you can know what to expect. Just beyond what you see are our mountainous castles! Further on we have rolling hills of flush green castles! To the south are beaches of pristine castles! Let's also not forget our majestic fields of more castles! I hope you choke on our delicious looking castles!

Our citizens will never yield, never relent, never falter, and most certainly will never dodge our tax collection agents. Be rest assured, any citizenry that falls under your rule will be appraised of any back taxes that are due when under our loving protection once again. Though I suppose if we were to collapse onto our selves and just give up, I'm sure it would still take you the length of this war once over to claim our sacred lands.

Good day to you, and I hope you will somehow enjoy your inevitable demise.

Cheerio
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:21 AM

Major

Requesting 12 more hours for myself. Turn postponed.
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

Groundworm is on a distinguished road

Requesting an additional 24 hours delay... it's been a busy weekend. Thanks!
Old February 24th, 2013, 05:58 AM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaOfEffect View Post
The nation of Man salutes the valiant behavior of Bogarus. However, we must condemn their leadership in choosing to side against our ally. We suspect another nation coerced the taxed nation of Bogarus into its stance against those beloved and somehow adorable inhuman abominations.
Our just and noble nation would never stoop to unfairly coerce an ally. I don't speak for Bogarus, but I suspect the multiple atrocities inflicted against them by those evil amphibians might have had something to do with their decision. We tried to assist them, but alas, the forces of evil were too strong.

Quote:
I understand you haven't had a very extensive visit of our lands. Please allow us to describe it for you so you can know what to expect. Just beyond what you see are our mountainous castles! Further on we have rolling hills of flush green castles! To the south are beaches of pristine castles! Let's also not forget our majestic fields of more castles! I hope you choke on our delicious looking castles!
That's not true. We've had lots of visits actually -- courtesy of astral window. And you forgot to mention that your poor peasants chafe under nearly unspeakable economic conditions due to crippling taxes (120% taxes on your non-blood provinces for nearly a hundred turns). My fair republic isn't prepared to deal with the flood of refugees that would pour across our borders if we attempted a serious offensive, so we're content to put down the occasional raid and continue to offer hope for a better life for your people.

Quote:
Though I suppose if we were to collapse onto our selves and just give up, I'm sure it would still take you the length of this war once over to claim our sacred lands.
That's okay. We're patient and it's only turn 98. We still have a long way to go
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:28 AM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

The Atlantians are barbaric. They attacked our homeland almost from the beginning. Instead of wiping them out we allowed them to survive. Our mistake. They do unspeakable things to our women. They closed all of our seafood restaurants...One day we shall find a way to strike back at them!
Old February 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM

Sergeant

This turn is going to be complicated and this week is looking pretty bad from a work perspective. Can I get a 42-hour extension?
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:21 AM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2 View Post
This turn is going to be complicated and this week is looking pretty bad from a work perspective. Can I get a 42-hour extension?
Sort of granted. I've postponed the game by 41.98 hours.
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:42 AM

Sergeant

Thumbs up Re: Primordial Cake - [Game In Progress]

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2 View Post
Sort of granted. I've postponed the game by 41.98 hours.
Thanks
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM

Sergeant

I'm cranking out my turn, and I had a not-so-sudden realization: I'm not smart to be playing at this scale. My feeble human brain is having trouble handling all of the complexity. I can't even call it micromanagement -- it's just a ton of critical decisions every turn with a mega amount of uncertainty mixed in. Don't get me wrong, this is one of the things I like about Dominions, but don't be alarmed if I start making some seriously bone-headed decisions because at this point I might as well be a cunning monkey typing on a keyboard.

And speaking of monkeys, don't be alarmed if you see some flying around my capitol. They are just dropping off their latest batch of snacks to my hungry Wendigos.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:16 AM

Major

Once again the armies of Man march forward and strike another blow to the unfaithful heathens to our North.

Meanwhile, that vile nation of liverless fiends marches toward the war-torn remains of Caelum, that once glorious and wonderful nation. We should know, as we have brought the glory of our god to a few of the fortunate cites. Arco, that tarterous mass of bile that refers to itself as a kingdom will not succeed in wiping out the remains of Caelum should the nation of Man have anything to say. We have sheltered their refugees for many months now and will do our up most to protect the last remnants of that majestic race.

Here this you bottomless scourge of rotten meat, you will fail and die by our hands!