BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 25th, 2012, 02:49 AM

Corporal

daferg is on a distinguished road
Default Stryker Formations in 6.0

I would like to start by saying I love this game. Every so often I am not loyal to SPMBT and I try a different game but I always come back to it. There is just something about it that fills every need I have in a game.

I was thrilled when the upgrade came out that included my beloved 8-wheeled vehicles. A few half dozen months back I posted some information about real-life Stryker units. I thought SPMBT did an outstanding job portraying them and I only offered some ideas for changes. I am in no way trying to take credit for the changes but some changes have been made. Individual Stryker Infantry squads now include the Javelin ATGM as they do in real life. The forth squad is now comprised of my money maker the M240B. The Lt Infantry Mech Company formation now includes snipers. The fire control for the Strykers seems to have been standardized and upgraded. I am sure there are a few other details I missed but the bottom line is its awesome.

I had some issues when I first purchased the 6.0 version but I had an email reply in a few minutes from the support folks. WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2 are both on sale for a few more days. If you are on the fence about buying this game now is the time to do it. I would like to thank those who work hard to provide us an outstanding game.
The Following User Says Thank You to daferg For This Useful Post:
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:17 AM

Corporal

daferg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stryker Formations in 6.0

I found some other cool changes to the Stryker units: The Stryker now has an M240 in addition to the main weapon, a dismounted 81mm mortar with transport in the company, the FSV now has a vision of 50.

I did a quick US Army vs North Korea battle in 2013 last night. Two Stryker companies with some SP ATGM support was able to hold off and crush a sizable NK force. I lost some units to NK indirect fire but that was about it. One Stryker platoon with 50 cals,MK19s, Javelins, and assorted small arms is a deadly force.
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM

Private

Kenny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daferg View Post
I found some other cool changes to the Stryker units: The Stryker now has an M240 in addition to the main weapon, a dismounted 81mm mortar with transport in the company, the FSV now has a vision of 50.

I did a quick US Army vs North Korea battle in 2013 last night. Two Stryker companies with some SP ATGM support was able to hold off and crush a sizable NK force. I lost some units to NK indirect fire but that was about it. One Stryker platoon with 50 cals,MK19s, Javelins, and assorted small arms is a deadly force.
Hello

A while back,I altered the excellent, original version of this scenario by Ulf, strickly for my own amusmement only,and did so only to match my altered obat012. To be able to be able to dial up a complete Stryker Company as close to acuality here in SPMBT as it is in the present U.S. Army battlefield of order,was just for my ease of selecting a Stryker Company all in one whack when using the battle generator designing hypothetical battles.

This revisition represents neither an upgraded scenario nor a U.S. order of battle:just something different in the S&G catagory with my idle hands. Both existing versions are quite excellent.

FWIW,and probably not much,once again here's the revised scenario and U.S obat012.

DO NOT use with a regular installation of SPMBT 6.0. Have a separate/backup installation,then install the obat and scenario.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spscn299 and obat012.zip (183.7 KB, 105 views)
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:16 AM

Private

Kenny is on a distinguished road

I vowed to do this before years end,so here's a cleanup version with 3 new units added to the altered U.S. 012 I included in the previous post. Ancillary support units were ommited as extraneous baggage but the meat and potatoes of a particular combat unit as in all that go boom are included for anyone that might want to the use the battle generator and get a particular company sized formation all in one whack:

HBCT Recon Troop

IBCT Motorised Recon Troop

IBCT Dismounted Recon Troop

As always,use this with an alternate or backup installation of SPMBT.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rev.alt.012 obat.zip (33.9 KB, 90 views)
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:29 AM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road

daferg, I have also made modifications to the USA oob. I originally was also inspired by the SBCT units and formations. This was way back when the first real BCT was still in the test phase. I saw it was going to be organized differently so I tried to come up with the best solution. Take a look at my mod in the mod section or here: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49329. I have also reworked many different formations and new ones also. Even from new HBCT and IBCT formations. Hope this helps you see what is possible in game and maybe inspire what you are looking to do.

USA 1980-2020 Mod
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49329

Gooseman2448