Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Mod Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6 - Page 4 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old September 18th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6

machaka pd is the worst in the game. their unarmored warriors rush you, and are then decimated by the slingers, which often causes their whole army to then break

also, make pebbleskin const6 already :judge:

it uses the right paths, and any extra benefits it provides are easily balanced out by the lack of transferability due to being cursed
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:48 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

I like the changes to gem gens but I think Fantomen brings up a good point that reducing the supply of gems in the late game while not making any changes to blood gives blood magic a boost. Probably worth keeping an eye on to see how that plays out.

On a completely biased note: thanks for making Cu Sidhe more affordable. They are a cool unit but hard to justify summoning. They're still hard to justify but not as much so.
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:52 PM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

Great update to CBM. I like all of it. I think MA machaka is the most heavily nerfed by this, improvements to the Hunter spider isn´t really helping unless good enough to warrant a bless strategy. Perhaps make the spider warriors more useful and recruit everywhere? The suggestion of innate dragon master for black sorcerors seem unthematic to me.

I beleive the Naiad warriors may have gotten too cheap even, we´ll see. But 15 such formidable units for 10 gems seem very good. Good boost for Oceania though...

I agree to make pebble skin suit construction 6, keep it Earth/blood and it should be quite expensive.

I wouldn´t worry *at all* about earth nations getting weaker actually. Look at it this way: What is the other way to multiply your gems apart from gemgens? Thats right, hammers. And without the blood stones hammers are going to be even more valuable and harder to forge. Strong earth evocations and buffs will be rarer, which is a great and well needed boost to EA Agartha, Kailasa and Bandar log.

Btw a stronger chance of high earth (means 3) for Machaka might be the right boost for balance.
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

I still think that CBM should reduce the paths required to cast a number of the high level E spells. I mean, how many nations get 4E out of the box? With only boots, E attack is going to be ludicrously tough to cast. So will petrify, army of lead, riches of beneath, melancholia, even father illearth and the kings. Petrify and the armies you might communion, and some of the others could be boosted w/staves or rings, but it still seems ridiculous to have your only options be ridiculously expensive and requiring paths that a lot of E nations don't have.
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

I'd much rather favor Tome of Gaia as the replacement booster. Its only really going to matter if for some bizarre reason you need to squeak an extra misc booster for N out of a fountain, since there are already 3 misc slot N boosters available (moonvine, rings). And it doesn't have the crazy downside of turning into a troll.

Also second the call for lower path reqs on high earth spells. Petrify might as well not exist at E5, and the army of spells are pretty inaccessible barring a few rather specific nations (most of whom probably won't survive long enough to ever cast it).
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
I'd much rather favor Tome of Gaia as the replacement booster. Its only really going to matter if for some bizarre reason you need to squeak an extra misc booster for N out of a fountain, since there are already 3 misc slot N boosters available (moonvine, rings). And it doesn't have the crazy downside of turning into a troll.
Downside? Well, it is for Abysia I guess. I'd think most nations would call it a perk though.

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:46 PM

Sergeant

P3D is on a distinguished road

Inaccessible?
For combat spells everything is fine, E1+boots+Earthpower+crystal shield = E4, then throw in a few more gems.
For rituals and summons, there's still like 4 nonunique E boosters around (Robe, Staffs, RoW), even if a bit on expensive side.
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

P3D: One of Army of Lead or Gold is E5, as is Petrify, as is Weapons of Sharpness. Not everyone has easy access to crystal shields, and gems are going to be rare enough as it is. And *excess* earth to keep fatigue down to sane levels might be necessary (I'd have to actually look at the specific spells again to confirm).

Considering these are also spells which can let armies compete in the endgame, and people are already complaining about lack of gemgens = fewer SCs, this could go a long way to filling the power void for those nations who can't straight up compete with nationals.

Also, virtually every other path is easier to boost, and by more, than earth is. And then it is in the running for highest average path level of its combat spells... not a well-balanced combination.
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

Army of Gold and Weapons of Sharpness are E4. Weapons of Sharpness in particular is arguably too low. An E1 mage with earth boots and summon earthpower can just burn a gem to cast a powerful AOE 25 spell. That's the thing with these high end earth spells - they have a large/battlefield-wide AOE so you don't need many of them. That also means fatigue is not an issue the way it is when you want to spam a spell. Petrify has a high requirement and you would want to spam it but I'm not sure why it has to be easy for non-E nations to cast.

The problem with Tome of Gaia is ideally you want to keep the same forging paths as for the blood stone. If you do that you are giving nations access to an N booster they wouldn't otherwise have.
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:02 PM

Corporal

iceboy is on a distinguished road

If I wanted to edit out all of the troops and heroes abilities to freely spawn troops in CBM how would I do this? Also the units that have no movement make them be able to move? I have found the pretenders and this is easy but having a hard time with others. Such as the Niefel Jotun hero that spawns troops. I dont see anything to edit that out of his stats in there? I want to make all of the EA Rhley troops and heroes be able to move but I cannot find these either. Such as the commanders and heros. Any tips would be appreciated!

Or in other words how would I edit every pretender, unit, hero, etc. that can spawn stuff and/or that cannot move to not be able to spawn and to be able to move...

Sorry a total newb at modding this game!

Last edited by iceboy; September 18th, 2009 at 07:23 PM..