.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 11th, 2010, 08:03 PM

Corporal

SnallTrippin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rattlehead - MA Newbie game (running)

Ok can everyone else post too? We're now on 79 do we need to go back to 77 or what?

EDIT- Think I can only send it back to 78 now?
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:32 AM

Corporal

Num is on a distinguished road

Please answer quickly. this is total nonsense, I am going crazy with this.
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM

Sergeant

Belac is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry I couldn't get to the forum yesterday. It is fine, I accept the stale, I'd staled before without complaint, and nothing bad happened to me on the turn I staled. If anyone else wants to roll back, I would be OK with it, but don't roll back on my account.

However, I think Snalltrippin should pass the admin reins on to an active player. That would make it less likely for snafus like this to happen again.

EDIT: I would also accept a rollback of 1 turn, which would perhaps be a balance between the chaos of rolling back 2 turns and unfairness to C'tis of moving forward.

Num, if you want to roll back to 78, I support you. If you want to go forward with no rollback, I support that. Only if everyone else is in favor of a 2-turn rollback would I go along with that.

Since it seems to be currently all human players vs AI-Ermor, I think this makes less of a difference, since there's no player-on-player war where 1 side staled and the other didn't.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM

Corporal

Dark Kitty is on a distinguished road

Since all players except me stalled turn 77, maybe it would be a good idea to roll back to this turn.
Rollbacks are often chaotic but since every human players are at peace, I think it should be ok...

Maybe Snalltrippin doesn't think as often as before to check the thread (and I understand perfectly as he was the first player eliminated, and it has been a while) and he could pass this duty over to another player? (I don't volunteer for the job however as I have some exams soon, plus I never did admin a game)
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM

Sergeant

OK, someone should do something in the next 5 hours. Snalltrippin, can you put more time on the clock or pass the adminning onto someone else? I would volunteer, but I am generally unreliable on the weekends so it might be better if someone else took charge.

It looks like Num and Snalltrippin are in favor of rolling back to turn 77. I would support that, if Skor doesn't mind. Let's try and do something soon though.

EDIT: We shouldn't let it host again without coming to an agreement. Also, if the game is rolled back to turn 78, it can then be rolled back again to turn 77. So we can do a 2-turn rollback, it just has to be done in 2 steps. If Skor doesn't object (and based on what my scouts saw during the stale turn I think he wouldn't mind), let's roll back to 77 and pass the adminning on to an active player.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM

Corporal

Ok it looks like that mess could last for years.... Thank you very much Snalltrippin !

I am going to play and send turn 79 so we can continue and most important, my small and delicate nerves will maybe survive a few days more.

Please give us the admin control.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM

Sergeant

...ok, so are we rolling back to 78? 77? no rollbacks and going forward?

I don't think it makes much of a difference, I just want to continue on some turn or other.
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:10 PM

Private

Skor is on a distinguished road

I agree with all options, I accept any decision.
Old April 13th, 2010, 03:02 AM

Corporal

So no rollback, too complicated now, it is too late and Snalltrippin is not available easily (that is logical). By the way, he will give us the admin options (I can do it, until I am not eliminated or forced to stop playing) once he will see those posts...
Everybody stale one turn (except Shinuyama, not sure), I stale two but that is not that important. So nevermind.

We are all lucky Ermor has abandoned, he would crush some of us with a head at this nation right now.
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Sergeant

Alrighty...that was a real mess. Glad we're moving forward. I accept Num as admin.

Was anyone really hurt by the stales? I got besieged but didn't actually fight any big battles while staling. Fought an Ermorian army underwater that I would have fought on land.