Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old February 7th, 2009, 05:49 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Crashing during MP

I played a game last night with dwbradley, and we had a couple of issues. I was hosting, and roughly mid way through the game My game crashed. The program just closed itslef with no warning in the middle of a battle, while I was looking at what TF's I could bring in as reinforcements. We used the auto save to continue. Later, I was still hosting, my opponent crashed out in the same way, during a battle, closing with no warning. I dont know if he was looking or clicking on the reinforcements screen also.

Also, I invaded Palmyra as Japan, with a BB, a few CA's and a few CL's and of course an amphib unit. No carriers, so no planes. Defending palmyra were 64 land based aircraft and no TF's or ships at all. The battle screen flashed by in the blink of an eye and no invasion took place. My amphib unit vanished and the TF returned to its starting base. No combat took place at all. Seems like the bug from Leyte is still showing in random places. REALLY need to figure this bug out, wasting an amphib unit is devestating.
Old February 7th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Private

dwbradley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crashing during MP

Some additional details from the other side of ScottWAR's account of the problems.

My crash-to-desktop occurred when I clicked on "Surface", to continue a battle that had reached a multiple surface exchange round.

I realize that this doesn't give much info to the developers for de-bugging. My system is pretty much plain vanilla (XP OS) and very little else was running. We were using TeamSpeak to coordinate and enhance the fun. We were playing the "standard" scenario and both of us were up to version 1.01. If other details can help, please ask and I will try to supply.

MP is the only way to go for WPP in my view. Play against the AI gets stale very quickly. The game can certainly provide an evening's wargaming fun (VOIP highly recommended). I hope the stability can be improved such that I will want to seek out more MP experiences.
Old February 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Sergeant

JMHawkins is on a distinguished road

Scott, if you have a saved game file (autosave perhaps?) of the game the turn before the crash, that would help.

Thanks,
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

Attaching dxdiag and autosave file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip (Autosave).zip (21.0 KB, 279 views)
File Type: zip DxDiag.zip (9.0 KB, 229 views)