.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old April 21st, 2010, 12:16 AM

Corporal

mehrunes_dagon is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: MA Nation: Shangri-La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters v1.4 (REVISED Apr. 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globu View Post
this a typo/gaffe? Should it be "#effect 10001"?

(Mehrunes_dagon, I suppose you could, as a quick test, change the effect to 10001 and see if that makes it work.)
Thanks, Globu, it worked. Got 11 Yeti in 1 call.

#10-2+3=11. fine
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:13 AM

Corporal

Globu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Nation: Shangri-La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters v1.45 (Apr. 2010)

Ah, good. Glad that works.

11 yetis... that seems pretty potent. Let me know your impressions on whether it seems excessive in-play.

I also noticed that two priests (the Demon Hunter and the Ragyapa) were not flagged as #holy. That will be fixed in the next version.

Also, I made a new flag in the same style as Zepath's Streamers and Standards. Preview of it and the new mod banner attached.

Question for Linux guys out there: does it cause any filename/path problems that the mod's directory name has a space in it ("Shangri La")? Would it be better, for maximum compatibility, to change it to, say, "Shangri-La", or "Shangri_La"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Banner and Flag Preview.png
Views:	75
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	9955  
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:28 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Nation: Shangri-La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters v1.45 (Apr. 2010)

Quote:

Question for Linux guys out there: does it cause any filename/path problems that the mod's directory name has a space in it ("Shangri La")? Would it be better, for maximum compatibility, to change it to, say, "Shangri-La", or "Shangri_La"?
I don't think that the space would cause problems in Linux, but llamaserver has a issue with mods that have a space in their name. Naming it "Shangri_La" would be the safest bet, IMHO.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burnsaber For This Useful Post:
Old April 21st, 2010, 04:20 AM

Corporal

Default Re: MA Nation: Shangri-La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters v1.46 (2010-04-21)

Thanks for the quick answer, Burnsaber.

Alright, new version up. I was going to hold off on another update until I had a more substantial batch of changes, but, since I'm changing file paths and mod filename, I figured the sooner the better to get it out.

For those with ongoing games that reference the mod as originally filenamed, it is safe to delete the original mod directory. Both the legacy version (Shangri La.dm) and the now-standard version (Shangri_La.dm) reference the new directory, but, aside from name and mod descriptor text, are identical.
Old April 26th, 2010, 06:35 AM

Corporal

Default Re: MA Nation: Shangri-La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters v1.46 (2010-04-21)

I was looking over a few sprites and cleaning up ones with noticeable problems, when I realized that the creature the yak rider is riding is not actually a yak. And the riders are Furthermore, the rider seems like a fairly generic unit not in keeping with the style of the other Bhodpa units.

I like the yaks, but it bothered me, so I went ahead and made a replacement. I'm debating whether to use white yaks, or to use brown/black ones for normal yak riders and reserve the white one for a yak-riding Bhodpa hero.

Almost-done preview attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Preview - Yak Rider.png
Views:	74
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	10012  
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:49 PM

Corporal

Default Re: MA Nation: Shangri-La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters v1.47

Updated. Most sprite tweaks are very minor -- cleaning up shading gaffes and a stray pixel here and there --, though two have been completely replaced: the Bhodpa Yak Rider (per my last post) and the Bhodpa Horseman (for similar reasons regarding the rider).

It's no great artwork by any means, but I think it looks a bit more Bhodpa (Bhodpaish?).

Attached shows before and after.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bhodpa Horseman Change.png
Views:	84
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	10017  

Last edited by Globu; April 27th, 2010 at 12:08 AM..
Old April 27th, 2010, 07:36 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

An improvement!
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

Digress is on a distinguished road

Second that !

Has anyone given this nation a run in MP ?

Last edited by Digress; April 27th, 2010 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: giggles ...
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Corporal

Updated to v1.48. Just a couple of minor tweaks, gameplay-wise, that hopefully will make two units a bit more worthwhile (reduction in cost), and a bit of sprite-polishing.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the cost reductions. I thought both the Rje and the Gelug lamas to be overpriced and not worth it, but it could just be me.

I'm tempted to return the Rje's cost to 140 (or increase it to 150) and tack on Priest level 1.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:59 AM

Corporal

mehrunes_dagon is on a distinguished road
Post Re: MA Nation: Shangri-La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters v1.45 (Apr. 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrunes_dagon View Post
Quote:
this a typo/gaffe? Should it be "#effect 10001"?

(Mehrunes_dagon, I suppose you could, as a quick test, change the effect to 10001 and see if that makes it work.)
Thanks, Globu, it worked. Got 11 Yeti in 1 call.

#10-2+3=11. fine
Quote:
Ah, good. Glad that works.

11 yetis... that seems pretty potent. Let me know your impressions on whether it seems excessive in-play.
Played the game to the final stage (against mighty AI). Got nearly killed at the beginning, due to low income of money and gems.

I like no-upkeep troops but most Shangri-La summons cost money. The only exception IMHO are Klu and Yetis.

Globu, why Klu mages are free, but undead and demon summoned infantry is not? I suggest that demons/undead should cost no money but bring unrest and/or eat population.

And why no difference between two forms of Klu? Judging by description, human form should at least travel faster. But the only difference i noticed is lack of boots slot on serpent form.

I suggest that human form be made faster, not cold-blooded, and unable to go underwater.

In general this nation is interesting to play. It does not look overpowered, though has full magic coverage and powerful priests.

Crowds of yeti are good against most middle-era nations, but the problem is to survive the beginning with 9 water dormant pretender and lucky scales, and find enough water gems.

With construction 6, evocation 4 and conjuration 6, and some earth and air gems, crowd of thunder-striking theurangs is a win.

With scales set to easy win later in the game, surviving debut is difficult. So playing this nation is interesting.