.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM

Private

relee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Howdy. I'm RELee, just a poor, ol', country boy who's been a-gamin' since the early 70's where I was playing Star Trek on the university main frame and buying games from SPI and reading S&T on a regular basis. 53 years old, married for just 7 days shy of 33 years, and , yes, with children but they are practically grown now, and one puppy round-about 10 weeks old. Got some money for Christmas and it was just enough to purchase a NEW game for a change (instead of waiting for it to show up on the bargin bin). I've been in the computer industry in one way or t'other since 1985 and am now pretty much moochin' off the taxpayers whilst eating Ho-Ho's and browsing the internet. Looking forward to playing a game that is a real change of pace for me, having been playing games primarily devoted to historical period-piece gameplay for a long time now. I hope to have the game in-hand by the weekend.

Y'all be good now. Gotta go.
The aliens are in ... everybodys' eggs.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Welcome Beater, RELee, glad to have you both here.
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Sergeant

Dragonlord is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, Dragonlord here. Figured it was time I introduced myself here as I just got into Dom3 about two weeks ago, been doing lots of practicing and reading up, hanging out in the IRC channel etc.

I'm a Dutch guy (technically Dutch Caribbean, but live in Holland), 32 years old, and been married for 4 years. Have been playing computer games pretty much nonstop ever since I was 12... Am looking forward to some PBEM games with Dom3.
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Private

Cafard is on a distinguished road

Hi there, false gods,

After days reading though this forum and playing many SP games, i figured it would be a good thing to finally register here and get my arse kicked in MP.

I'm a 29yo french exiled in Ireland, and discovered the game only during its second incarnation. I was interested by the game style and premises, but definitely pursued my interest as it ran natively under Linux. For a Linux using wargamer, that was a godsend for which i can't thank enough the Illwinter lads. Thank you guys, i really mean it.

After giving a try at the dom2 demo, i did like the game, though i was far from appreciating all of its potential. However, support for multi-platform developers, combined with the frustration of not being able to cast level 9 global enchantments, as well as being deprived of serving the star lords of R'lyeh convinced me that no matter what, purchasing the full game wouldn't be wasted money. It definitely wasn't, and i enjoyed many hours of solo play as well as 2 player games with my dear wife (yes, she likes bordgames, wargames and RPGs, and no, i'm not selling her).

After some time doing other things, like the almost-not-time-consuming miniatures painting, I realised that Dom3 was out since a while, and so it's only since last month that i finally ordered and started playing the third incarnation of this brilliant game.

Of course, like most people, i do have some personal 'issues' with a couple of game features, but nothing major, and nothing that hasn't been previously discussed in a way or the other on these boards.

What else to say? Well, as far as nations go, i really like R'lyeh, both for the underwater theme, as well as the Lovecraftian mythos. Later in the game, i grew very, very fond of the slow and heavy Abysians, both for their background and their playing style.

There it is then, i'm not sure i'll be very regular around here, but at least now, i have an account in case i really happen to have something to post.

Cheers then, and please try to be gentle when sieging my capital by turn 5 in my destined-to-be-short first serious MP games.

Cafard.
Old January 5th, 2007, 05:04 PM

First Lieutenant

PhilD is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard Cafard!

If you want some good-natured Dominions discussion in french, you can come and see us on the Cyberstratege board (www.cyberstratege.com), that's the most active section of the forum! (there's even a big MP game getting ready to start in a few days)
Old January 10th, 2007, 03:32 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Hi Dragonlord, Cafard, and welcome to the boards.
Old January 11th, 2007, 12:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road

Hi. I'm some guy with two cents burning a hole in his pocket
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:16 AM

Private

Lleihsad is on a distinguished road

Hello, everyone. I'm a 22-year-old college student living in America (California, to be more specific). I got into Dominions about a year ago when I downloaded the Dom2 demo and fell in love with the game. I just got Dom3 at the new year and am looking forward to many memorable campaigns with it.
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cafard said:
It definitely wasn't, and i enjoyed many hours of solo play as well as 2 player games with my dear wife (yes, she likes bordgames, wargames and RPGs, and no, i'm not selling her).
Ah, then that means that we must conduct an old-fashioned raid and carry her away...

All kidding aside, welcome to the forum. You're a lucky guy to have such a wife.

Edi
Old January 12th, 2007, 01:19 PM

Private

LeoTheLip is on a distinguished road

Good morning all,

Let me introduce the newest newbie.

I started out with a stint in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era (didn’t see any action). From there I got into programming and have been doing it ever since. The first computer game I played was on an IBM 360 mainframe. (Doorbells come with more memory now.)
When I bought a 286 I got hooked on CRPGs and strategy games staring with the AD&D gold box series. I prefer SP/TB of epic proportions. I just love to see the AI weep. :>)
My wife and I have 7 daughters but we are empty nesters now. Which means that I don’t have to use the bathroom at the corner gas station any more. She, my wife, is very understanding of my gaming addiction (the dogs less so). I have re-proposed to her several times to fill up the queue incase some less fortunate, single gamer got any ideas. I explained to her that it is like camping out at EB for the sequel of last year’s best game. She took it as a compliment. (Told you she was understanding.).
I first heard of Dominions about 3 weeks ago from an article in PC Gamer. Installed the full game yesterday so everything is new for me. Was up late last night with just-one-more-turn syndrome but all I got for it was a bloody nose from the AI. This game is going to be fun!

See you around.