The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Default winSPMBT - Command, Control & Rally

What effect upon a unit's rally is attributed to command? In a platoon, does a sargeant have the same effect upon rally as say a lieutenant or captain?

In the command structure of winSpMBT do companies provide the rally and control ability over platoons? Or, can a platoon commanded by an officer rally with same effect as if commanded by HQ or a company? Does a platoon led by a sargeant rally to the same degree as if led by an officer or the company that it is attached?

Does command, control and rally follow a scheme such as the following: hq -> company -> platoon where platoon rally is effected by control of an attached company or hq unit? If so, do sargeants rally platoons or only officers?

Let us say a platoon is attached to hq, and commanded by a sargeant, will that unit rally as effectively as if commanded by an attached company?
Old January 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT - Command, Control & Rally

In any formation the "zero" unit is the command unit.
The actual rank of the "zero" unit leader is semi-irrelevant.
Other then in that the highest ranking unit leader in a formation will command the formation.

For example: A platoon formation has 3 units, all squads, B0, B1, B2. Normally B0 is commanded by a lieutenant and squads B1 and B2 by sergeants.
If however B0 was commanded by a sergeant and B2 by a lieutenant then due to rank B2 would be the formation commander, even tho it is not the "zero" unit in the formation. This would effect the ability of the "zero" unit to rally the units (note the "zero" unit also pretty much automatically has a radio and can call in and adjust fire support, if it's not the command unit there may be "issues").
If B0 were commanded by a sergeant and B1 and B2 by corporals the platoon would function as normal for rally purposes.

If a formation has sub-formations (i.e. a company formation (B0) has platoon sub-formations (C0-C2, D0-D2, E0-E2)) then the formation command unit (B0) will be the first to attempt to rally each sub-formation unit (if it is in command range) followed by the sub-formation (C0) leader, then finally the unit (C1) leader. Sub-formation leaders D0 and E0 cannot rally units that are not in their sub-formation.
Again, if B0 were commanded by a sergeant, C0/D0/E0 by corporals, and the units (C1, C2, D1, D2, E1, E2) by privates the formation and sub-formation rally chain would work as normal.

I hope this is more helpful then confusing.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old January 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT - Command, Control & Rally

Thank you for your excellent and most informative reply.