.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Malfador Machinations > World Supremacy > Mods and Scenarios
Notices

Old November 26th, 2010, 07:09 AM

Private

MajorEET is on a distinguished road
Default World Supremacy Tank Mod

This is a simple mod to make the images for new technology tanks different. Level 1 is the M47, level 2 is the M-60A3, level 3 is the default M1 Abrams. When you put your mouse over the unit icon on the map or in the purchase menu, it will show what kind of tank you have, with a description....i.e. M47, M-60A3, or M1A2.

I edited the Units text file so that the proper picture is called for the proper level of technology and changed the description to say what kind of vehicle it is.
As always, be on the safe side and copy your original Units.txt file to another location so that you can go back to the original if you wish.
I tinkered around with changing the map icons...it can be done, but without having an image with a transparent background, it just doesn't look right.

Copy the JPG images to your World Supremacy/Images/Units folder.

Copy the Units.txt file to your World Supremacy/GameTypes/Standard/Data folder.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Tank Mod.rar (155.2 KB, 561 views)
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:15 AM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: World Supremacy Tank Mod

Nice. I was thinking about trying to do this with other units in the game. Not renaming them,..but just adding pictures for the different tech levels on all units in the game. Of course, I am no good with images, making them the right size etc,..so I probably will never do it. I hope someone does at some point, or else I will have to do some learning,.....
Old November 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Private

I started working on the jets earlier this morning, but got back into a game. I am using Win 7 and on my system at least, I just right click on an image and select edit and that takes me to an editor that allows changing image format, size, cropping etc.
Where I got stuck on the planes was choosing which ones to use! I was thinking level 1 would be the F-4 Phantom, level 2 the F-18, and level 3 the F-22. Any ideas?
How about infantry? Maybe Korea, Vietnam, then Gulf?
I don't know if I will get all that carried away with it. I just did the tanks because I am a treadhead at heart, and also wanted to see if I could do it. But if you have pictures you want to use, attach them here and I will modify the files to work in the game. It only takes a few minutes once you figure out what has to be changed.
Old November 27th, 2010, 07:04 PM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road

You do realize that you don't have to edit your Standard gametype? You can make a new gametype by copying the Standard folder, giving it a new name, and editing from there... just like SE5, except I don't think WS will default to the stock data if there are any missing data files, seeing as there is no Data folder under the game root like SE5 had!
Old November 27th, 2010, 11:26 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info,....I'll definately try fooling around with some images to see if I can figure it out,...which should be pretty easy from your description.
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:54 AM

Private

You are right Ed, if any data files are missing, the game simply goes on and omits the images. It took me a few attempts to get it right.
Scott, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. For me, it does make a difference having different images for the different technologies. Just gives it more personality and depth.