Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM

Private

drez is on a distinguished road
Exclamation SA-10a Favorit

Playing Yugoslavia against my opponent (Germany) in a 2011 battle and have noticed a couple of errors with the Yugoslav forces. First the Yugoslav Alpine MMG uses a normal infantry squad sprite. Second the Yugoslav Mech Inf Company supplies the attached mortars with an IFV incapable of transporting them and now the most annoying is the SA-10a Favorit SAM system which is the best SAM system available to Yugoslavia does not function! I dunno what to do to get this unit to fire. It does not fire against drones and now my opponent confirmed it does not fire against helicopters. So I ran a little experiment battle and sure enough I cannot manually nor does it automatically shoot at anything. Also when it moves it sounds like foot infantry so it just must be a broken unit in the Yugoslav OOB.

Please fix or do somfink!!!

drez

PS Thank you shrapnel for the great game!!

Last edited by drez; May 3rd, 2011 at 06:54 PM..
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:12 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SA-10a Favorit

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
Playing Yugoslavia against my opponent (Germany) in a 2011 battle and have noticed a couple of errors with the Yugoslav forces. First the Yugoslav Alpine MMG uses a normal infantry squad sprite. Second the Yugoslav Mech Inf Company supplies the attached mortars with an IFV incapable of transporting them and now the most annoying is the SA-10a Favorit SAM system which is the best SAM system available to Yugoslavia does not function! I dunno what to do to get this unit to fire. It does not fire against drones and now my opponent confirmed it does not fire against helicopters. So I ran a little experiment battle and sure enough I cannot manually nor does it automatically shoot at anything. Also when it moves it sounds like foot infantry so it just must be a broken unit in the Yugoslav OOB.

Please fix or do somfink!!!

drez

PS Thank you shrapnel for the great game!!
1) Drones - see Game Guide -> Release History -> Bullet No. 15 of the latest (5.5) release. (That information also forms part of the read-me of the patch installation, and is printed in the post announcing it at the top of the main forum).

2) Favorite is an area SAM - thus it will have a very long minimum range and hence be unlikely to engage on-map air (helos etc) unless you have a very large map, perhaps. It's job is shooting at approaching off-map fixed-wing air.

For 1 (and 2) - Use smaller WH sized SAMS (e.g around SA-8/rapier and below, MANPADS) and esp. radar guided AAA.

(I personally prefer radar-directed AAA planted on a dominating hilltop for annoying helos - usually about 6 guaranteed shots and (with a skilled crew) a possibility of generating more when op-firing if they make the skill throw required. It makes moving the things a pain for an opponent, and if an SP system, it can scoot before the counter-battery fires arrive. I do so love the soviet towed 57mm radar AAA for its long range, but you have to play a "shell game" with them, carried by some sort of armoured carrier in the MT-LB category esp versus a human. So as far as I am concerned the (stationary in overwatch) ZSU-23-4 is the best thing since sliced bread vs. anything that flies too close to my toys ).

Cheers
Andy
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Private

drez is on a distinguished road

OK! Thank you for the considerate reply and the tips! My opponent and I decided to restart our battle, I will be sure to take into serious consideration your experienced knowledge

PS I didn't realize the proper forum for this sort of post, so sorry for the slight repost!

drez
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:28 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The ONLY thing wrong with that unit in that OOB is it's movement class is set to default instead of A/T wheeled which is why you get the marching sound when it moves. That weapon has a 150 hex MINIMUM range ( 7.5 km ) it is not intended to be used against drones and Helicopters

Don