BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 29th, 2021, 03:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

We thought it worthwhile now to remind everyone before the next patch is released......

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 8th, 2021 at 08:28 AM..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 1st, 2021, 07:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch

WinSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch 2021

the 2021 patch updates any version of WinSPMBT ver 10 and up to version 15.0

2 New Scenarios
32 Revised/Updated Scenarios
1 New Campaigns
2 Revised/Updated Campaigns
26 New or Revised Map files
77 New or Revised OOB Photos
47 New or Revised vehicle/aircraft Icons
93 Updated OOB Files
15 New or Revised Icon files
104 New or Revised Text files

1/ For scenario design and editing there is one improvement and one addition

* When editing weapons data in the game editor for any of the four weapons a unit uses, the weapon number of the current weapon now appears when you click on the weapon button. Anyone who has tried to edit weapons data in a scenario in the past will know how much simpler this makes the whole process as in the past the only way to know what weapon # was used was to check the unit in MOBHack and it slowed or discouraged that kind of editing which was normally used to adjust the ammo count. The entire process is much simpler now.
* The Sound used by the weapon is now the final item shown. It would be rare to use it but it is now available and the existing sound # will show when you get to it. You will need to have knowledge of the existing sounds in the game however.

2/ Assault boats would sometimes show as burning wrecks. This has been corrected. They will be removed from the game map when destroyed as was SOP in the past.

3/ The unit name is now reported in the casualty message - this is handy to know which unit actually got hit in collateral damage situations

4/ Armoured cars that were capable of carrying passengers inside will now protect passengers in the same was an APC does. Previously the code considered them to be outside on the hull.

5/ There is now a 250 limit on changing the height and density of a Hex but they still cannot exceed the normal limits already in the game.

6/ Some changes to Engineering units

Engineering infantry now have a slightly reduced chance of inadvertently setting off a mine when entering a mined hex

* The text for mine clearance (second number) has been changed to "(X remaining)"
* Defending engineer infantry will now only clear mines, barbed wire and dragons teeth if they physically enter the hex containing them in order to allow defending engineers to sit just behind the defences without clearing their own defences. It has been a small annoyance for years that if you placed your own engineers just behind your defences they would start clearing them. They still can but when in the defence but now Engineers must enter a mined / Barbed wire/ dragons teeth hex to dismantle their own defences. In the defence, they can no longer do that from one hex away.

7 / Aircraft occasionally would enter the map, make their attack run then do an instant 180 and leave the way they arrived. This has been corrected

8/ Passengers will now report "CARRIED BY: "..... normally this is obvious. They are in the vehicle carrying them but occasionally legacy scenarios would have ghost/doppelganger units and this allows those of us that fix these things the ability to know where they are supposed to be and when put into the transport that is already carrying their twins, cease being a ghost unit.

9/ Occasionally on very small maps the game would place V hexes on grey border hexes that neither side could take. This has been corrected

10/ Pressing K was reported in the Help file as a way to turn ID tags on and off quickly. This function did not work but now does. It's very useful for someone who may not like to play with ID tags on all the time but finds it useful for finding stray units. Now pressing K will turn on the ID tags when they are off and off when they are on when the game is being played. K does not work during deployment.

11/ The name of unit that has suffered casualties has been added to the message that appears on the bottom of the screen. It will now read...." Infantry Group - Suffers X casualties (Y)" with X being the number taken now and Y being the accumulated total.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 12th, 2021 at 06:35 AM..
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2021, 02:50 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post

* When editing weapons data in the game editor for any of the four weapons a unit uses, the weapon number of the current weapon now appears when you click on the weapon button. Anyone who has tried to edit weapons data in a scenario in the past will know how much simpler this makes the whole process as in the past the only way to know what weapon # was used was to check the unit in MOBHack and it slowed or discouraged that kind of editing which was normally used to adjust the ammo count. The entire process is much simpler now.
* The Sound used by the weapon is now the final item shown. It would be rare to use it but it is now available and the existing sound # will show when you get to it. You will need to have knowledge of the existing sounds in the game however.

4/ Armoured cars that were capable of carrying passengers inside will now protect passengers in the same was an APC does. Previously the code considered them to be outside on the hull.

* Defending engineer infantry will now only clear mines, barbed wire and dragons teeth if they physically enter the hex containing them in order to allow defending engineers to sit just behind the defences without clearing their own defences. It has been a small anoyance for years that if you placed your own engineers just behind your defences they would start clearing them. They still can but when in the defence but now Enginners must enter a mined / Barbed wire/ dragons teeth hex to dismantle their own defences. In the defence they can no longer do that from one hex away.
These three changes alone make this years patch a "must have".

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old April 2nd, 2021, 05:08 PM

Captain

Pibwl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Will they be different class?
Old April 2nd, 2021, 05:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

No. If they have a carry capacity they will be considered to be inside and not clinging to the hull

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 4th, 2021, 05:01 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

A couple of days ago I just finished my 500th game, well actually 349 for MBT and 151 for WW2 for a total of 500. Today, I'm playing my 350th MBT game, so that makes 501, which is kind of significant (depends on you look at it)! Anyway, I think this year's update will fit in nicely.

Last edited by Dion; April 4th, 2021 at 06:42 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old April 8th, 2021, 06:01 PM

Private

Arielchyld is on a distinguished road

am happy there is a update!! I was disappointed when I read last year might be the last. I hope the amount of research stays the same. I would say this is one of my favorite war games. I really want to get into working on this game and creating content. Working on computers is tough for me as I design board game. I worked a small bit on the side for DVG. This is the ultimate war board games. I am so happy there is a patch for 2021!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arielchyld For This Useful Post:
Old April 8th, 2021, 11:23 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielchyld View Post
Working on computers is tough for me as I design board game.
It's really not all that different from a board game.
Instead of charts you have what are basically spreadsheets.

Weapons are used by units.
Units are used by formations.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 9th, 2021, 02:54 AM

Private

Arielchyld is on a distinguished road

Yeah I want to figure it out. I am mostly intimated by making Sprites or graphics. Getting the A.I to behave correctly. Is there a guide that can help get me started?
Old April 9th, 2021, 06:42 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

If your wanting to create scenarios, I suggest you start small. You can look for any of my scenarios for some ideas (use ScenHack and search for Don Lazov).

Generally, pick the environment, date and time (for example Normandy, France, June 7th 1944), then set the mission type (try a meeting engagement) and then select sides (try USA vs Germany). Start low for this one say 400-800 points. Purchase both sides (no tanks, just some infantry so you can learn the art), then deploy them. Now set the time and victory points. Oh, save a lot. Then this is crucial. Play Test. And after you have play tested, play test it again and then switch sides and play test it again and then just when you think you got all together as RetLT to test out your create. Warn, you should not have thin skin during this process, he will rip your creation apart exposing every weakness, hole, and exploit and you'll soon see how foolish and incapable you truly are. Fret not young one, persistence and determination to achieve a decent scenario will be rewarded over time. There is a lot more details to discover but I don't want to spoil all the fun of learning.