.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 16th, 2013, 01:36 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Thirdly, and this is my question, I vague remember something about reaching construction level 10 and all those pearly white special unique items that go together but aren't available for construction (like bogus ring, ect); shield, sword, plate armor, helmet and boots.
Something about needing to hit a certain amount of RP to reach it. Can anyone verify this? Just something of interest to me.
Never tried it myself, but yes, I've seen it pretty reliably confirmed that this is a thing. Not sure though, but I believe they're actually at lvl 12, so you'd have to have enough research to go from lvl9 - 1RP to lvl 12 in one turn. (since surplus over lvl 9 doesn't accumulate from turn to turn.)
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM

Sergeant

Colonial is on a distinguished road

"Good morning, kiddos. Figured I had the time to dip my toes in dominions water again, if only for a while.

lets see what I can do with some lizards."

That is of course if your friend isn't interested...
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:34 AM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

Good to have you here you again Colonial. I have not seen you since that Flashkart game two years ago.

You should ideally send your email to the admin, Wraithlord so he can set you as the new player. And also ask him for a turn delay as the deadline is soon.

Welcome. And Good luck.
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:24 PM

Corporal

starcryst is on a distinguished road

Guys I wanted to apologize for going stale in this game. As a new player, I took on too many games at once and then real world stuff got in the way and I simply didn't have the time to stay on top of the games I'd committed myself too.

I should have come by when it became clear I couldn't continue and given you warning so that you could find a replacement. I won't make that mistake again as its not considerate of the other players.

Hope to see you all in another game.
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM

Private

danbo is on a distinguished road

Well, I think I was my worst enemy in this game. I've been on vacation for a month and had only about 15-20 minutes to make my turn. But everything went smooth despite of it. But when I got home I was spending hours planning every turn only to make deadly mistakes which led to disastrous results.

First I tried to teleport a party to solar brilliance the emrorian army but forgot to send troops to decoy ermorian flying units to let the old men warm up. Also I was expecting that my prophet (who was equipped with Aegis and was expected to fight in case the old men fail) retains bonus to magic resistance as well as bonus to HP while fighting teleport battle, I was wrong, this rule applies only for HP. As a result my old men were slaughtered and my prophet was enslaved, precious Aegis lost.

For the next turn I spent about 3 hours but somehow failed to save it and sent only partially done turn with unscripted suicidal attacks. Again, precious units dead, lots of gems flushed.

And now, when I finally braced myself and double and triplechecked every order Ermor gets out of the pocket unhumane weapons of mass destruction and as a result only half of my army survives the artillery strike and reaches the battlefield. Where it was expectedly annihilated.

At least, old Empire will be reunited again. But unfortunatelly under the banners of corrupted ermorians.
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:37 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

Looks like Ermor can not be stopped from winning.
Anyone thinks differently?
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:46 AM

Corporal

Jolly Roger is on a distinguished road
Admin Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

I vote for a victory of Ermor.

Well played Corinthian !

Cheers, Klaus
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:53 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

Second that.

GG Corinthian. Too bad distance didn't allow us more battle time

Judging by the score graphs your game play seems impressive. Kudos.

I'll wait for danbo before wrapping this one up.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:34 AM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

Yea its about time to wrap this game up. Good Game everyone. In truth it has probably been over since about the time Itza started stalling. He still had most of his armies intact when I took his lands. And he could have cause more harm than I would have though when I initially attacked. The fact that the world did not gang me shortly after he started stalling probably sealed the fate of this game.

I guess Pythium could have signed a peace treaty with Sylvania (which he would have accepted as he was still fighting breton on the other front.) And Altdorf needed to have attacked me much sooner.

One of the big mistakes newbs do is that they wait too long to attack, thinking that they will be better prepared in the future. But this is wrong. If the enemy is bigger than you and have more income then it is he who will be better prepared. Because of this, waiting is rarely a good idea.

As of now i have mainly been doing fun things for the last 10 turns or so. Picking fights with whoever seem to have an army, building strange SC and armies. Such stuff. Oh and as strong as I am, I will never be able to get inside The dwarven capitol. My scouts tell me that there are more than 900 enemies inside that thing!

Anyway I will be writing a short AAR on this to explain my build and choices as I promised. Once I have a little more time that is.