BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV

Old January 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM

Corporal

Alikiwi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New game via PBEM

Let me first say Hi, so Hi.
Many will know me from Spaceempires.net where I have posted a message about starting a new game due to the loss of PBW. I will be using my mod "Skywalker" which is also in the download section of that site. I have no idea if this site has a download section for mods, if I find it, I'll upload it.

Anyone interested will also need the 'imagemod' pack and all the latest bits n pieces. Settings suggested, but imput is accepted, well for those that I haven't decided on yet :-
Galaxy, WPM dense mid life, or dense cluster (vote)
Tech Cost medium,
Start resources 20,000,
Home Planet avg., 1 or 3 (vote)
Tech level low
Racial pts. 3,000
Players wanted, 4 - 6 PLUS 2 AI and neutrals
AI difficulty medium (they are a bit tougher in this mod)
Victory conditions: Player has score of 300% higher than 2nd AND/OR quadrant is at peace for 2 years, AFTER 10 years.
Maximum units 12,000, maximum ships 2,000

You would need to load the mod, create a new game select a race, then when you have started the game save the Empire then email me that file, so make wise choices!

I was really dumb-founded over the loss of PBW and all those games. I was in one that had been going for 3 years, and I see one had been going for 7 years!

For those who haven't read about this SE IV mod, it includes Stealth fighters and Cruisers, an orbital intelligence base that is cloaked and produces intel points, a Cruise Liner, and training ships, massive transports, weapons platforms, and a lot of stuff I forget. Also a whole new race called the "Maori".

Hope to hear from you, oh and the email address to send your Empire file (and all game files) a_roberts@activ8.net.au
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM

Corporal

Alikiwi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New game via PBEM

I have posted the mod on this site now, and you will find it here :-
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...ewpost&t=42103

Graphics slightly re-worked / updated, AI's improved, new messages added, some races with no messages of their own, now have some and somewhat stronger and will build more intel centres, so not a push over in that department any more! Did I mention the possibility of cloaked planets?

Or Ancient Worldship (must find the Ancient Tech first) Ancient Missile etc etc...