.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 8th, 2011, 11:43 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA -Myconos- Last of the Fungi

Is there any reason why I couldn't also use Gift of Reason on these guys to achieve the same effect, if I wanted to?

I seem to be having some trouble getting the auto-communion to work. Probably because I am a monkey, but such is life. Any advice gratefully received :-)

I am really liking the nation. I'll tell you more about how they are going in Mushrooms later, but I am very impressed. They have a lot of nuances that I am only just starting to appreciate properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFSnl View Post
Added hidden magic paths to the various units. When you use the spell Possession on those units and make them commanders you can use the magic.

Also all the final stage units auto cast Communion master at the start of the battle.
The Myconid Commander (not shown on chart) and the three different Fungi mages (the top three mushrooms ) all auto cast communion slave at the start of battle. This is the true power of Myconos! Giant communions!
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbojones1971 For This Useful Post:
Old November 9th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Sergeant

GFSnl is on a distinguished road

You can use Gift of Reason as often as you like. It doesn't kill a mage, as possession does, but is much more expensive gem wise.

I'll give a few examples of good communions with Myconos. The sequence of action is from up to down like in the game. The magics of the units are given in letters. In this example I give the Fly Amanita 2 Air and 2 Nature magic. The Myconid Commander Nature and two Holy and the City Guard Earth and Holy.

(1) One Myconid commander NHH
(2) One City Guard EH
(3) One Fly Amanita AANN

The Myconid commander(1) and the Fly Amanita(3) are always slaves. The Guard(2) is always a Master.

Turn 1
- 1 casts blessing (if you have a bless)
- 2 is EEHH now because of 2 communion slaves and casts summon Earth Power. All the slaves also get the benefit of Earth power and thus +4 reivigoration.
- 3 can't move or cast because a master has already cast a spell but can shoot with it's poison attack (short range) or with a bow (forged).

Turn 2
- 1 Cast vine arrow or something
- 2 Casts Stone skin. And all three get the benefit.
- 3 Nothing or bow.

Turn 3 and beyond
- 1 Cast vine arrow
- 2 Attacks
- 3 can cast now as no master has cast before. Lightning bold for example.

You now have 2 casters casting spells and 1 City Guard attacking. All with protection 20 and reinvigoration.

This is the smallest communion possible. This example is with a City Guard with E magic but if he had A, mistform would be possible. Or W for quickness.

Last edited by GFSnl; November 9th, 2011 at 02:54 PM..
Old November 9th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Sergeant

Now a larger example. Here I take 8 slaves who with reverse communion should become monsters. It will also work with any number of slaves equal or larger than 4 though.
I don't know if this one is viable or not but it is great fun at least. The magic paths of the masters before and after communion are shown. The Myconid commanders automatically cast communion slave before battle and the three others automatically cast communion master. So communiing up like with Astral or Blood is not necessary.

Eight Myconid commanders. (Slaves)
(1) One Wyvern 2A2F -> 5A5F
(2) One Stag Centaur 2D2N -> 5D5N
(3) One Blood Beast with 2 bloodslaves. 2N2B -> 5N5B

Of the 8 Myconid commanders before any masters cast stuff like blessing and other small spells.

Turn 1
(1) mistform
(2) Soul Vortex
(3) Blood vengeance

Turn 2
(1) Phoenix Pyre
(2) Personal regeneration
(3) Reinvigoration

Turn 3
All slaves attack. If the master continue to cast stuff, the slaves after the masters will be unable to move. If your slaves all move before the masters this is not a problem of course. You have to consider this when you make your army. There is no way to change the order of the units. And the order on the battlefield is the same as on the deploy army screen.

You now have 8 Mistformed, Soul Vortexed, Blood Vengeanced, Phoenix Pyred, Regenerating, Blessed, fatigue free Myconid commanders on the attack . Add in a city guard with E or W and they are Stone Skinned or Quickened too. Or Fire shielded or .....

Of course 3 casters with two paths of level 5 magic can also cast some major nasty spells themselves.

Last edited by GFSnl; November 9th, 2011 at 03:10 PM..
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

Korwin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFSnl View Post
- 3 can't move or cast because a master has already cast a spell but can shoot with it's poison attack (short range) or with a bow (forged).
Small corrections, Slaves wont do anything if the Master has allready casted a spell this round.
And since the magic phase is before moving or attacking only Slaves who are before the Master in the turn order and want to cast something can do anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Korwin For This Useful Post:
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Sergeant

Yeah you're right.

They can't attack if a master has cast a spell because that happens in the phase before movement.
I though they could still fire a bow though.

But I think that's a waste of gems anyway, so I never actually tried that .
Old November 19th, 2011, 08:27 AM

Sergeant

Updated to version 3.20

Mod compatible version.

- Stag Centaur now D2N2 as meant to be.
- Hell Hound no items
- Anemone Myconid's land shape never heals. Now it really has to go back into the water after 1 month.
- Fixed name of Voland & Duke with no name type.
- Fixed wolf stats. Wolf no longer uses copy stats.
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:43 PM

Sergeant

Version 3.30.

Mortar Pod is a new recruit-able archer unit that rains down poison on enemies ranks.

- New unit: Mortar Pod
- Spores are mindless now.
- Fixed some spelling errors
Attached Files
File Type: rar Myconos v3.3.rar (662.0 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by GFSnl; May 21st, 2012 at 04:56 PM..
Old September 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

On z7.invisionfree the version is not updated yet.
The fact that the Queen you selecting when choosing pretender and in game its not shown that she is immortal is quite confusing. Btw, I don't know mechanics, but how does recuperation works as an additional skill on an immortal pretender(which recuperate automatically because of immortality as far as I remember)?

Last edited by militarist; September 29th, 2012 at 08:54 AM..
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

On z7.invisionfree the version is not updated yet.
The fact that the Queen you selecting when choosing pretender and in game its not shown that she is immortal is quite confusing. Btw, I don't know mechanics, but how does recuperation works as an additional skill on an immortal pretender(which recuperate automatically because of immortality as far as I remember)?

Is there any place, where full mechanics is written (how many months incubations periods,does fighting with them (giant tiocks for example) speedup incubation? why some ticks turn into blood eggs fast while other don't? Is there probability involved) ?
The mod is incredibly fun but a bit confusing. Maybe there is a sens to do something like readmy file with full explanation?
Most of important information can be found in threads, but still I have a feeling that didn't explore all the things.

Last edited by militarist; September 29th, 2012 at 09:12 AM..
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

Korwin is on a distinguished road

Oh it is on 7z.
Recuperation is (I think) needed on the Queen, because only the secondshape has immortality. (on this note dont send the Queen into the water)

When an infected Myconos Unit dies it gets the parasit second shape. And this one mutates into the next tier unit.
Was this your question?