PDA

View Full Version : Final PBEM implementation?

alchemy
October 8th, 2000, 06:20 PM
I've been reading the Boards but I'm not too clear in my mind on the final PBEM implementation ...

<LI> Are PBEM turns simultaneous, or UGOIGO?
<LI> Is there PBEM replay (post-battle viewer)? Or just a battle report listing each ship that was in the battle and what % damage was taken or if it was destroyed?

Lerchey
October 8th, 2000, 06:46 PM
PBEM is handled in player order. Eg, player 1, player 2, player 3, ..., player N.

If the combat occurs on your turn, you can watch little dots zip around (strategic combat). If it happens on someone else's turn, you just get the report with a list of ships invovled and damage percentages. There is currently no "battle replay" option.

I have suggested to Malfador that they allow for a "tactical view strategic battle" option. Basically, if would fire up the tactical combat engine and view, but only allow "end turn" and "complete combat" options. This would allow players to watch what their fleets/ships are doing, and to later adjust strategies to correct AI stupidity. It would also just be cool. http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ubb/images/icons/icon7.gif

John

Master Belisarius
October 8th, 2000, 09:48 PM
&gt;Are PBEM turns simultaneous, or UGOIGO?
In the game exist both options. When you're doing the game setup, you must decide to use simultaneous or UGOIGO.

&gt;Is there PBEM replay (post-battle viewer)? Or just a battle report listing each ship that was in the battle and what % damage was taken or if it was destroyed?

The demo have an small report. But seems to be that the final game have a more detailed report...
But I think that would be great, a post-battle viewer, like Stars! have.

alchemy
October 10th, 2000, 01:42 AM
Thanx, guys. While I'll keep wishing for a post-battle viewer, I've gone ahead and placed my order ...