PDA

View Full Version : Has ramming changed?

dmm
October 16th, 2000, 08:13 PM
Just got back from a trip; need face time with family, so no .99 demo for me, at least for a while. But I simply must know: did MM change the ramming at all? Is it still automatic? Does it still have wierd behavior when shields are involved? Fellow kamikazes, help me!

dmm
October 27th, 2000, 10:15 PM
OK, this is really lame to reply to myself to get put to the top of the list again, but nobody answered my question, and I think it's an important one. We had a lot of discussion on this for the .56 demo. (If no one answers again, then just kill the topic and put it out of its misery!)

Comar
October 27th, 2000, 10:32 PM
I've used ramming once. It seemed like a waste of a ship, but it was an antique, so it seemed like a better use for it than scrap. I don't know how it worked in earlier Versions, but in this one, you have to be close enough and have enough movement points left to ram. Then you get to see how much damage you caused. Overall, it seems like a strategy to use with small, fast ships with powerful warheads attached.

General Hawkwing
October 31st, 2000, 12:02 AM
Or a colony ship without enough movement advantage to survive the combat anyway. Talk about dedicated people http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ubb/images/icons/icon12.gif.