PDA

View Full Version : Ministers and Organic Weapons

Dr. Malfeizo
November 15th, 2000, 09:07 PM
I have a problem with my Ship Design Minister. I get a bunch a ships designed, when the minister is turned on, but they are only made with conventional weapons. I have tech level 5 in Organic weapons, but my ships are still being designed with a level II Depleted Uranium Cannon! So is there a way to get my ship design minster to use Organic weapons?

LintMan
November 15th, 2000, 09:18 PM
I can't really answer your question, but I'm curious why you'd WANT to use a ship design minister?

Designing their fleet is one of the most fun parts of the game for most people! And since you know what your needs are better than the AI, you'll probably do a better job designing your ships than the ship design minister would, even if you can get it to use your latest techs. Just my 2 cents...

Danny
November 15th, 2000, 09:20 PM
I agree, espeacially since you only to design your ships once, then you can simply save them, and load them next time.

------------------
I AM Canadian.

G-top
November 15th, 2000, 10:53 PM
Huh?

What do you mean you can save your designs and then load them again. I can not figure out how to do that.

Instar
November 16th, 2000, 12:12 AM
I had the wonderful experience of finding out how ship designs are saved
Save your empire file and when you load it, there they are.

Dr. Malfeizo
November 16th, 2000, 01:50 AM
Please don't get me wrong, I love to design the ships. Maybe what I am looking for is an Upgrade minister. I usually design several ships at once, but only build a few. I wanted someone (aka the Ship Minister) to keep my prototype ships outfitted with the latest armor, propulsion, sensors, etc. I find that I tend to forget to upgrade on s regular basis.

Tomgs
November 16th, 2000, 02:37 AM
Well even when you hit the upgrade button in the ship building screen there is a few things that don't work optimally. I find its much better to upgrade manually using copy. If you don't and you have researched a level 2 or 3 engine then that is changed on your design also. That saves money on ships that aren't yet built but causes needless delay and unessesary expence while upgrading ships that are already built. The only use of level 2 and 3 engines is a small reduction in initial price. If you hit the upgrade button then upgrade your ships after researching an engine with no speed increase you will just pay more and wait longer for the ship to upgrade. Also if you have researched a new technology that you wish to incorperate the computer has no way of knowing that. This is especially apparent if you use weapons such as Organic that change names as it goes up in levels. Also the change in shields from 30KT at level 1 to 40KT at level 2 will trip you up.