PDA

View Full Version : Where's the music?

The Ruffler
November 16th, 2000, 03:24 AM
I know a few people have mentioned this before, but in the README file, after installation has been completed, says that the CD must be in the CD-ROM to here music in the game. Well, on my SE IV CD, all I see is :

Autorun.inf
Readme.txt
Se4.ico
Setup.exe

...plus the Demos folder, which don't have any music files in them. I asssume the Setup.exe file is the compressed games files (duh!).....So where are the music files?

Even checked on C: drive after installation and all I could find are the sound effects WAV files. I have Ver 1.02.

Any Ideas anybody?

BTW...Hello to all, I'm a newbie...Great game!

Thanks

llreye
November 16th, 2000, 04:40 AM
Look at this slightly older thread.
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ubb/Forum23/HTML/000188.html
-MKC

The Ruffler
November 16th, 2000, 05:50 AM
Thanks Ilreye, I previously read those Posts.I see that the install disc is a mixed media format. Track 1 is the data and Tracks 2-16 (I think it ends at 16) are music files.
I can get the music files to play in a regular CD player (Creative Play Center, Windows Media, but NOT Winamp). Just find it odd that they DON'T play in the game. A minor bug...no big deal....

Thanks for your help....

Jochen Schmidt
November 16th, 2000, 11:14 AM
I wanna have music, if the music is on CD. Still waiting for the full Version - but i feel more and more frustrated the more i have to read ablut this.

I hope they will fix it.

Greetings to all

Jochen