October 13th, 2004, 06:28 PM
AIM: Argitoth
MSN: Argitoth@hotmail.com
YIM: Argitoth

<font color="blue">
Game over.
</font>

<font color="green">It looks like instead of 48 hour hosting I
put it on 48 minute hosting. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif My Last
backup is turn 71. Should we go on from there?</font>

<font color="green">SERVER UPDATED to 2.15 -- get the patch NOW!</font>

<font color="green">I had to temporarily move the computer out
of my room. The server is now up! I'll give Man 15 hours to
take his turn.</font>

<font color="green">You will now have 48 hours to complete
your turn. Good luck.</font>

<font color="green">That's weird. My WAN IP changed after my internet came on
again. Sorry it took so long for me to figure this out. Next
time send multiple e-mails. Spam me if you need to.
IP: 68.228.204.245</font>

<font color="green">The server will be halted for a holiday in
adition for Ermor and Man not having taken their turns yet.</font>

<font color="green">The server will not be forced saturday and
sunday this weekend. Reply if you will not be
available during Thanksgiving week.</font>

<font color="green">Hosting will be at 5pm EST unless someone
specifically states they need more time.</font>

<font color="green">Callistas is showing lack of responsibility and I will not
allow him to participate in further games in the future nor
will I join a server game which he has joined. Not only does
he refuse to participate in the server thread, he also does
not state the reasons he is missing turns.</font>

<font color="green">Use one of those messengers to tell me when the server
is down. If you try to PM me or post about it on the forum,
I will not respond soon enough. If I'm not logged in at the
time, e-mail me at Argitoth(AT)gmail(DOT)com. This way I
can be notified immediatly.</font>

GAME SETTINGS
Indep Str - 7
Starting Provinces - 2
Magic Site Frq: 60%
Events - Common
Graph - Disabled
Hall of Fame - 5
Renaming - Enabled
Research - Normal

<font color="6C7C00">C'tis - Argitoth</font>
<font color="B4404E">T'ien Ch'i - Reverend Zombie</font>
<font color="700000">Vanheim - Lingchih</font>
<font color="0B5308">Man - Calistas</font>
<font color="5E3A76">Ermor - Deccan</font>
<font color="CD4200">Marignon - Zookoo</font>

-COMMANDS: --tcpclient --ipadr 68.228.204.245 --port 3486 --nonationsel

MAP
-------
USE THIS .MAP FILE (http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom2/Cradle2.zip) (Cradle2.zip)
USE THIS .TGA FILE (http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom2/cradle.zip) (cradle.zip) &lt;-- Contains a .map file. Use the "Cradle2.zip" .map file.
------- http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Argitoth
October 13th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Hey Argitoth, I would like to play C'tis!

Reverend Zombie
October 13th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Hey Argitoth, I would like to play Tien Chi!

Lingchih
October 13th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Hey Argitoth, I would like to play Vanheim!

Calistas
October 14th, 2004, 12:57 AM
I'll take Man thanks.

Argitoth
October 14th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Hey, I want to try out Zen's mod. Does anyone have an objection to this?

archaeolept
October 14th, 2004, 04:49 PM
hell, i'm sure zen would be pleased at having the maximum possible feedback for his pretenders mod. the latest Version is 1.72, and freely available.

Reverend Zombie
October 14th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Don't mind about the mod, am trying to host a game myself using it.

Lingchih
October 14th, 2004, 11:23 PM
I may have to bow out. I am on a Mac and I can't get the game to see the mod. Could be just a general slowness of intellect on my part.

archaeolept
October 14th, 2004, 11:29 PM
don't use a mac, but you put the unzipped mod in the mod folder, and then went from the main menu into "preferences" then "mods" and tried enabling it?

if it doesn't show you should tell zen.

Zen
October 14th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Lingchih said:
I may have to bow out. I am on a Mac and I can't get the game to see the mod. Could be just a general slowness of intellect on my part.

The only bit of advice I can give you with a Mac is to make sure the nameoffile.dm is in the "yourdomdirectory/mods" and not in a subfolder. Along with the .tga file.

Sometimes your unpackager with place it in it's own directory. other than that I will have to hunt down some help?

Lingchih
October 14th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Yes, I created a mods directory in my resources directory, and placed the files in there. I also tried them just loose in my resources directory. I do have a "mods" button in my preferences menu, but it is just blank when I click on it. I also looked for info on Illwinter's site. They go into how to install maps, but nothing about mods. Odd... seems like it should work the same.

deccan
October 15th, 2004, 12:13 AM
How about some more info? Like research setting, magic setting, victory conditions, turn turnaround time etc.

Argitoth
October 15th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I'm not going to lose a player because of the mod. I will not be using the mod in this case.

Magic setting is 60%, research is defualt, normal. I thought I listed magic site setting; I don't know what happened to it.

Lingchih
October 15th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Thanks Argitoth. If we can find a way to get the mod working on my machine, that's great. Otherwise, I would still like to play Vanheim.

deccan
October 15th, 2004, 05:50 AM
I was rather hoping that this would be a Zen mod game. Anyway, I'll join as Ermor if the hosting schedule isn't something crazy like 12 hour quickhost like Reverend Zombie's game.

Reverend Zombie
October 15th, 2004, 10:36 AM
deccan said:
I was rather hoping that this would be a Zen mod game. Anyway, I'll join as Ermor if the hosting schedule isn't something crazy like 12 hour quickhost like Reverend Zombie's game.

Hey! Who you calling crazy? It's 12 hour FIXED hosting, anyway. Is that more or less crazy, I wonder... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

deccan
October 15th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Reverend Zombie said:
Hey! Who you calling crazy? It's 12 hour FIXED hosting, anyway. Is that more or less crazy, I wonder... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Okay, my mistake. 12 hour fixed hosting is less crazy, but still quite crazy. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/stupid.gif

Zooko
October 15th, 2004, 06:35 PM
I would like to play Marignon. I will now go create a pretender and then figure out how to e-mail it to you.

:-) How exciting! My first PBEM! (Not my first multiplayer though.)

Argitoth
October 15th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Zooko said:
I would like to play Marignon. I will now go create a pretender and then figure out how to e-mail it to you.

:-) How exciting! My first PBEM! (Not my first multiplayer though.)

I hate PBEM! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif This is a TCP/IP game. The only reason I have you e-mailing pretenders is because I don't want any server restarts and screw-ups.

Zooko
October 15th, 2004, 07:11 PM
I meant my first non-LAN multiplayer.

Zooko
October 15th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Should I put Cradle2.map and cradle.tga into this dir:

dominions2.app/Contents/Resources/maps

?

Calistas
October 15th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Yes

Argitoth
October 16th, 2004, 12:53 AM
The game will be on hold for a few hours. I'm not able to start the server right away. It will be around 2 or 3am est. We have one slot left though, you can still join!

Calistas
October 16th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Sent you a replacement pretender. Reason in the mail http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Cal

deccan
October 16th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Hmm, I just realized that all of you are in the U.S. (except maybe Callistas?) which means that everyone will likely to be waiting on me since I am GMT +11.

Zooko
October 16th, 2004, 08:35 AM
It doesn't matter because it isn't set to quickhost, right?

I've never played this map before. What fun!

Argitoth
October 16th, 2004, 01:57 PM
It is quickhost. I want these turns done ASAP. It will quickhost when the turns are done and then host 24 hours later if turns aren't done. It's not going to, for example, quick host at the Last hour, then 60 minutes later, host again. It won't do that.

Lingchih
October 16th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Wow. Those are some meaty independents out there. Is there any way to know when the server has hosted other than logging into the game?

Reverend Zombie
October 16th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Zooko said:
I've never played this map before. What fun!

This is my favorite of the new maps, the best-looking aesthetically.

Argitoth
October 16th, 2004, 05:03 PM
<font color="949600"> T </font><font color="B4404E"> U </font><font color="700000"> R </font><font color="0B5308"> N </font><font color="5E3A76"> * </font><font color="CD4200"> 2 </font>
<font color="B4404E">U</font>
<font color="700000">R</font>
<font color="0B5308">N</font>
<font color="5E3A76"> * </font>
<font color="CD4200">2</font>

Lingchih said:
Is there any way to know when the server has hosted other than logging into the game?

I'll try to keep you informed on the forum. When PMing works, I'll just PM everyone.

Argitoth
October 16th, 2004, 09:12 PM
<font color="949600"> T </font><font color="B4404E"> U </font><font color="700000"> R </font><font color="0B5308"> N </font><font color="5E3A76"> * </font><font color="CD4200"> 3 </font>
<font color="B4404E">U</font>
<font color="700000">R</font>
<font color="0B5308">N</font>
<font color="5E3A76"> * </font>
<font color="CD4200">3</font>

Lingchih
October 16th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Is your server down Argitoth? I can no longer connect.

Zooko
October 17th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Same here.

Argitoth
October 17th, 2004, 01:09 AM
ugh dood... I had to turn off my computer for like 10 minutes. go take your turns!

Edit: OH DANGIT!! My ip changed.............. you should be able to login now. I had to forward the ports to my new ip.

deccan
October 17th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Turn 4 is up.

Zooko
October 17th, 2004, 09:19 AM
If you could arrange to e-mail me when the turn starts, I'll play my turns sooner.

I'm in Atlantic Daylight Time, which is EDT+1, or UTC-3. Also I'm an early riser. Absent some asynchronous notification like e-mail, I'll likely do my turns between 5 and 7 AM and between 5 and 7 PM my time

Argitoth
October 17th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Turn 5. What is your e-mail zooko?

Zooko
October 17th, 2004, 06:06 PM
zooko@zooko.com

Thanks!

Argitoth
October 17th, 2004, 07:27 PM
umm... how does this work? what files do I send?

Reverend Zombie
October 17th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Argitoth said:
umm... how does this work? what files do I send?

I think he might just want e-mail notification that the turn is ready for him? /threads/images/Graemlins/Teddy.gif

Zooko
October 17th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Sorry -- yeah, I was just saying that (during the work week), I won't check the server except in the early morning and early evening my time.

I'm in a timezone one hour ahead of most players, and I start work early in the morning, so we might often find that I'm only one who hasn't played throughout the day.

I was just saying that if you could set it up so that the server e-mails me when the turn is computer, then I'll take a break from work and play during the day. ;-)

Zooko
October 17th, 2004, 09:45 PM
P.S. Thanks a lot for running the server and organizing the game and -- I expect -- destroying my disorganized nation and subjugating my people.

Zooko
October 17th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Server seems to have changed IP addresses, or is otherwise unavailable.

Argitoth
October 17th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Is anyone else having problems? I actaully connect to my own server using the IP adress you guys use. If I can connect, everyone else should be able to connect.

Is there a program that sends out e-mails when turns are done?

Lingchih
October 18th, 2004, 03:21 AM
No. I seem to be able to connect just fine.

deccan
October 18th, 2004, 05:42 AM
I can't connect now. I definitely could earlier today...

Argitoth
October 18th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Turn 6... is it that you're trying to login to change orders? If you can't connect, just wait 10 minutes and retry.

Zooko, did you get the e-mail?

Zooko
October 18th, 2004, 07:40 AM
I did get the e-mail. Thanks! I thought that you could configure the server to send the e-mail so that you wouldn't have to do it. By using this option:

--postexec CMD Execute this command after each turn generation

Argitoth
October 18th, 2004, 10:51 AM
i don't know how i'd configure a command.

Reverend Zombie
October 18th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Zooko said:
I did get the e-mail. Thanks! I thought that you could configure the server to send the e-mail so that you wouldn't have to do it. By using this option:

--postexec CMD Execute this command after each turn generation

Argitoth has been posting in this thread when the new turns are ready--can't you just check here?

Zooko
October 18th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Okay nevermind. I didn't mean for you to have to do extra work just to keep me informed -- I thought that the server could be configured to do the extra work itself.

Argitoth
October 18th, 2004, 06:52 PM
It probably can and I'd like to learn what kind of commands it can use.

Gandalf Parker
October 18th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Its ALOT easier in Linux than in Windows (which is why Esben Mose Hansen's server is linux based).

For Windows, first learn how to open and use a Command Prompt window

then learn how to use notepad and create a file, rename it to a .bat file

then learn all of the things a bat file can do. It can kick off programs, display screens, play sounds or music or even speech.

the switches in dominions of --preexec and --postexec can be told to run your bat file (or any program) before (preexec) it hosts which is good for doing things like saving off backups, or after hosting (postexec) which is good for notifications.

As far as email notify the best I can do is this line....
start mailto:gandalf@community.internet?subject=notify^&amp; body="Your turn is ready"

It pops up a little email window in the default mail program with all the info filled in, but you have to hit "send"

Argitoth
October 18th, 2004, 10:47 PM
hmm, seeing as how the default email program is not the one I use I think it'd just be less of a hassal to just send manually. Thanks for the info, Gandalf. Though, I have no idea why you'd consider looking into this thread http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Argitoth
October 18th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Turn 7

Gandalf Parker
October 18th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Argitoth said:
hmm, seeing as how the default email program is not the one I use I think it'd just be less of a hassal to just send manually. Thanks for the info, Gandalf. Though, I have no idea why you'd consider looking into this thread http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

If you use another (thunderbird, pegasus, eldora) you could look into whether it has command-line use capability.

As to looking in, its part of my job. From the main menu I do a "search" for all Posts for 1 day, display part of it. I scan thru all of the threads on all of the Boards to keep a feel for things. I just keep refreshing that page thru the day.

Argitoth
October 18th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Yes Gandalf, I'm sorry you don't have a life.

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Gandalf Parker
October 19th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Argitoth said:
Yes Gandalf, I'm sorry you don't have a life.

Hmmm if I didnt get paid for it, then it would be no life. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif
Instead I get to say "I work for a game company".
It cant get much better than that can it?

Zooko
October 19th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Yeah, that sounds like a good job!

deccan
October 19th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Turn 8 is up.

Zooko
October 19th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Server isn't responding.

I've already done my turn 8, but I was just going to check and see if the next turn was up. Also maybe tweak some battle orders or double-check on non-national recruitment or something. :-)

Argitoth
October 19th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Hey, could it be my computer going into standby mode that causes the server not to function?

Zooko
October 19th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Heh. It certainly seems plausible. "Standby" means that it doesn't actually compute anything, right? It keeps its state in RAM, but spins down the hard drive and stops the CPU. It would certainly stop accepting network connections and accepting Dom2 turns in that case.

Hm. Now to tweaking my recruitment and battle placement while waiting for the next turn to start...

I wonder if I shouldn't just join another MP game (if I could find one), but I sort of promised myself that I would play at most one at a time as a way to control my Dom2 addiction.

Lingchih
October 19th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Naw. Get in at least one more. I'm playing two right now and working a full time job, and it's not a problem at all.

Zooko
October 19th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Well, I would give in and start a second game, but I can't find one.

I *could* host one myself ...

Argitoth
October 19th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Please do it at let me join as C'tis.

BTW, I will not allow my computer to go in standby mode any longer.

Argitoth
October 19th, 2004, 11:43 PM
turn 9

Argitoth
October 20th, 2004, 12:15 AM
EVERYONE (besides zooko) POST THEIR E-MAIL! I'm going to send a message to each of you every time there's a new turn.

deccan
October 20th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Hey man, you probably shouldn't post our e-mails in the clear like that. They could get collected by spam bots or something you know.

Anyway, I don't really need a notification, but my e-mail is in my profile page.

Argitoth
October 20th, 2004, 01:12 AM
actually deccan, your e-mail is not in your profile page. PM me your e-mails if you don't want to post them.

Argitoth
October 20th, 2004, 03:06 AM
I still need Calistas and Reverend Zombie e-mail.

Zooko
October 20th, 2004, 05:25 AM
I'll delay hosting a game at least until I move into my new house Nov 1.

Zooko
October 20th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Turn 10 is up!

Reverend Zombie
October 20th, 2004, 08:53 AM
dfz1(AT)rochester(DOT)rr(DOT)com

but I check the Boards &amp; the game servers for my new turns more frequently than e-mail, so I'd prefer that you don't send me any e-mails.

Argitoth
October 20th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Some people have e-mail notifications on, including me. I never check my e-mail unless something tells me I have e-mail.

Gmail is great.

Argitoth
October 20th, 2004, 10:15 PM
SERVER IS UP

Lingchih
October 20th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Ummm, no it's not. I can't connect anyway.

Argitoth
October 20th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Lingchih... your message sounds like you think this is my fault?

DAMN IP CHANGE!!! IM GETTING SO PISSED

Argitoth
October 20th, 2004, 11:30 PM
AIM: Argitoth
MSN: Argitoth@hotmail.com
YIM: Argitoth

<font color="blue">Use one of those messengers to tell me when the server
is down. If you try to PM me or post about it on the forum,
I will not respond soon enough. If I'm not logged in at the
time, e-mail me at Argitoth(AT)gmail(DOT)com. This way I
can be notified immediatly.</font>

Lingchih
October 21st, 2004, 01:43 AM
OK. I'll AIM you next time. Don't get defensive.... I was trying to be humorous. It's only a game.

Zooko
October 21st, 2004, 05:23 PM
I wonder what time zone the msg board time stamps are in?

Zooko
October 21st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Ah EDT

Argitoth
October 21st, 2004, 10:46 PM
<font color="red">TURN 12</font>

Reread the blue text. I edited it a little http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Also, I don't think e-mail notification for turns is such a good idea. Who specifically wants e-mail notifications? Who would rather it than notification on the board?

This is how it's going to work. I'm going to e-mail those who want e-mails and post "turn ##" on the board for those who are going to check the board. If you are the Last person to take a turn, you should go to the board and announce the next turn. I'm still going to e-mail zooko.

Lingchih
October 21st, 2004, 11:44 PM
The board posting is fine for me. I check it several times a day.

Zooko
October 22nd, 2004, 07:37 AM
I don't want e-mail notifications anymore (since it requires effort on your part).

I usually check the server at UTC 0:00 and again at UTC 9:00. It seems that everyone else makes their moves in between those two times, when I'm asleep. Oh well!

deccan
October 22nd, 2004, 08:04 AM
The easiest way is to have the Last person to play the turn to post a notification here...

Lingchih
October 22nd, 2004, 10:46 PM
It's time for TURN 14

Argitoth
October 23rd, 2004, 01:00 AM
arrite good that's what we will do. THE LAST PERSON WHO TAKES THEIR TURN MUST ANNOUNCE THE NEXT TURN. no e-mails.

deccan
October 23rd, 2004, 02:25 AM
Only Marignon left for turn 14.

Zooko
October 23rd, 2004, 08:24 AM
Sorry folks. Like I say, I'm asleep from around UTC 0:00 to UTC 8:00.

When I check the server before bed, I always see Vanheim is the only one who hasn't moved. When I wake up in the morning, I always see that everyone has moved but me.

Lingchih
October 23rd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Yes, I think I take the Vanheim turn about the time you are in bed. Sorry, guess that's what being on the other side of the world does. BTW, no one announced turn 15 here, did they?

deccan
October 23rd, 2004, 09:25 PM
Turn 16 is up. I was the Last this time, not Vanheim or Marignon.

Zooko
October 23rd, 2004, 09:52 PM
Whoops I forgot to announce turn 15.

Hey Lingchih -- no need to apologize. If I wanted to I could stay up later. (Or get up at 1:00 AM, which is the time when everyone has moved but me.)

deccan
October 24th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Whoa, Turn 17 is up. That was fast though whoever it was didn't announce it.

Zooko
October 24th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Oh, um, I think that was me again. Not sure. I'll pay better attention this time! Okay I made my turn and I wasn't the Last person.

Lingchih
October 24th, 2004, 03:47 PM
It's time for Turn 18 in this fast-moving, action-packed game.

Argitoth
October 24th, 2004, 07:32 PM
<font color="red">INTERNET FAILURES, SERVER UP</font>

Zooko
October 24th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Argitoth: you seem to have set your server back up, but not taken your turn 18. :-)

Zooko
October 24th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Hm. And Deccan is listed as on-line on this board, but he hasn't taken his turn either. I guess not everyone compulsively takes their turn THE VERY FIRST MOMENT THAT THEY CAN.

deccan
October 24th, 2004, 09:49 PM
I'm at work and can check the Boards at work, but I can't play. I'll do the turn during lunchtime though, so expect my turn in about two hours or so.

Zooko
October 24th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Hey, thanks for the explanation. I was curious. I will be asleep when you make your turn! :-)

Argitoth
October 25th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Zooko said:
Argitoth: you seem to have set your server back up, but not taken your turn 18. :-)

That's not true. I took my turn as soon as it was available. You must be seeing things because I took my turn before I had internet failures.

Zooko
October 25th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Oh -- I was seeing things. I was imagining that Argitoth was playing Man.

deccan
October 25th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Turn 19 is up. I guess Callista doesn't read the forums any more...

Lingchih
October 25th, 2004, 10:20 PM
The dreaded and feared Turn 20 has arrived.

Argitoth
October 26th, 2004, 07:12 PM
I will force host on Callista due to his absence.

Lingchih
October 26th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Turn 21. I think Man staled.

Argitoth
October 27th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Reverend Zombie has not posted on this thread for a week, I will force host due to his absence.

Zooko
October 27th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Err, but isn't it that Reverend Zombie is at work right now and will take his turn within an hour or two? Just a guess.

Zooko
October 27th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I mean, he took his turn within the Last 24 hours, and according to his account status here, he lives on the east coast, and I saw him logged into this site several times today. (Presumably surfing from work, where he can't play his turns but can read the Boards. ;-))

Reverend Zombie
October 27th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Zooko said:
I mean, he took his turn within the Last 24 hours, and according to his account status here, he lives on the east coast, and I saw him logged into this site several times today. (Presumably surfing from work, where he can't play his turns but can read the Boards. ;-))

Can do the turn when I get home!

Reverend Zombie
October 27th, 2004, 05:12 PM
WTF??? I haven't missed a turn yet and I've stil got a few hours before the scheduled host, right???

(I'm at work and unable to take my turn now.)

I did not realize posting regularly on the thread was a requirement to not get force-hosted.

Zooko
October 27th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Sooo, Reverend Zombie... How about those Dwarves, eh? Pretty hardy little buggers, aren't they?

I love hiring Hoburg Crossbowmen. They'll sign up for a mere 7 gold each!

Argitoth
October 27th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Reverend Zombie said:
WTF??? I haven't missed a turn yet and I've stil got a few hours before the scheduled host, right???

(I'm at work and unable to take my turn now.)

I did not realize posting regularly on the thread was a requirement to not get force-hosted.

Dood, calm down! I force host 24 hours after the Last turn. Because you have replied to this thread stating the reason you are unable to take the turn, I will delay the host if you do not make it.

There's still 3 to 4 hours for you to take your turn as it is.

Lingchih
October 27th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Force Host. Hmmm. Doesn't that kind of sound like rape? You better not ever try force hosting me Argitoth.

Zooko
October 27th, 2004, 06:36 PM
So, the quickhost goes off whenever everyone has made their move, and then if, 24 hours later, there is someone who hasn't moved, then Argitoth manually forces it to host?

So when it says "X hours until next hosting", what is that number? The time left until the 24-hour cutoff? If that's what

Zooko
October 27th, 2004, 06:37 PM
My baby kicked the mouse and managed to hit the "Continue" button and post that incomplete post there. Way to go, Elliot! You'll be a great hacker in about 12 more years.

Anyway, if the "X more hours" thing is telling when the 24 hours elapses, then why does Argitoth have to manually host it? Doesn't it host automatically when the time elapses?

Argitoth
October 27th, 2004, 07:35 PM
OMG, leave the hosting to me. I have no idea what you're saying. Just... run your own server.

I have quickhost on. Whenever the Last person takes their turn the server quickhosts and the timer resets back to 24 hours.

24 hours later, the server will host if the Last person hasn't taken his turn.

Zooko
October 27th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Oh, okay, so the quickhost thingie automatically causes the host 24 hours after the most recent player moved, and you have a policy of sometimes manually forcing the host if more than 24 hours have passed since the Last turn was computed, if the tardy players haven't posted recently. Got it.

I am going to run my own server soon, which is part of why I want to understand this stuff.

Zooko
October 27th, 2004, 09:01 PM
I've alertly noticed that the new turn is up.

deccan
October 28th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Only Callistas left. I wonder if he's going to make an appearance.

Argitoth
October 28th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Callista has 3 to 4 hours to either take his turn or give a good reason why I shouldn't host.

Callista is showing carelessness in his turns.

Zooko
October 28th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Next turn is up!

deccan
October 28th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I cannot connect to the game. I get stuck in the "Waiting for Game Info" screen.

Edit: It works fine now when I try to connect from home. Weird. False alarm. Sorry.

Argitoth
October 29th, 2004, 12:22 AM
deccan said:
I cannot connect to the game. I get stuck in the "Waiting for Game Info" screen.

Edit: It works fine now when I try to connect from home. Weird. False alarm. Sorry.

Actually Lingchih is the one who messaged me via AIM. He told me the server wasn't working, I fixed it. Why didn't you at least send me an e-mail at gmail?

Next time message me or send me an e-mail.

Zooko
October 29th, 2004, 11:52 AM
next turn is up!

deccan
October 29th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Turn 25 is up.

Argitoth
October 30th, 2004, 03:17 PM
MAN IS IN DANGER OF MISSING HIS TURN!

Callista, where are you? You have 4 to 5 hours.

deccan
October 30th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Turn 26 is up.

Reverend Zombie
October 31st, 2004, 02:25 AM
Next turn is ready.

Argitoth
October 31st, 2004, 03:56 AM
http://www.azbanjo.com/argitoth/pictures/slaughtered.png

:p

Zooko
October 31st, 2004, 06:07 AM
Ouch. You'd think the nation of Marignon would have some way to deal with undead hordes that get summoned during a battle. But I haven't figured out what it is!

Argitoth
October 31st, 2004, 07:27 PM
Callista is going go be skipped again...

Argitoth
October 31st, 2004, 11:25 PM
NEW TURN 28

Argitoth
November 1st, 2004, 07:01 PM
NEW TURN 29

deccan
November 2nd, 2004, 09:03 AM
Hmm, two hours until hosting. Looks like Callista really likes to cut it close. Now, should I wait up another two hours to 1 am here or should I just go to sleep? Hmm...

Argitoth
November 2nd, 2004, 08:19 PM
Turn 30

deccan
November 3rd, 2004, 06:34 AM
Turn 31 is up.

Argitoth
November 4th, 2004, 02:06 AM
I am hosting around 7pm EST regardless of what the server says or unless Callistas takes his turn.

Callistas is showing lack of responsibility and I will not
allow him to participate in further games in the future nor
will I join a server game which he has joined. Not only does
he refuse to participate in the server thread, he also does
not state the reasons he is missing turns.

<font color="red">NOTE: Callistas will still be allowed for the remainder of this game</font>

Argitoth
November 4th, 2004, 02:23 AM
http://www.azbanjo.com/argitoth/pictures/routed.png
<font color="red">It's a good thing my pretender routed!</font>

Argitoth
November 4th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Turn 32

Zooko
November 4th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Uh, that looks like a screenshot of a battle involving my troops, but there are no such battles shown here.

My Messages are:

* Research in Alteration is completed
* The remnants of the dead prophet's power have
X Nevelon was the victim of an assassination

What happened?

Zooko
November 4th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Anyway, what do you mean that it is a good thing your pretender routed. Your pretender is afraid of fire elementals? Maybe he is Susceptible To Fire or something? I suspect that you are being sarcastic.

Oh, I get it -- everyone else in that picture is routing except for some fire elementals, so you are irritated that your pretender didn't stay and finish them off. I sympathise -- I've had a big disappointment regarding routing rules in another game I'm playing right now.

Anyway, I sure wish I could view the battle myself. What the hell.

Zooko
November 4th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Hm. That screenshot shows a Lammashta, but my only mage who can summon Lammashtas died by assassination (according to my client) before the battle. Also, my client shows that there was no battle. Bah. Did you see the assassination battle? In the Version of it that I saw, my mage summoned a Lammashta which promptly slew him, then slew your assassin.

Argitoth
November 4th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Zooko, stop assuming stuff!!!

Fisrt of all, my pretender would have died trying to kill 4 fire elementals; that is why I was very fortunate that my pretender routed.

Another thing, that battle was LAST turn. I assassinated a mage this turn.

EDIT: Maybe some of our other players should take screenshots with cool stuff that happened.

Zooko
November 4th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Uh -- I don't remember that battle. Did I miss a turn?

Oh wait -- that was the one where you didn't bring your undead-summoning mages. Yes, I remember that one. I wonder why you didn't? They are all busy researching some powerful new spells, perhaps?

archaeolept
November 4th, 2004, 12:53 PM
you know, if a player stales a few turns, it is standard practice just to force him to go AI (using master pass); then you don't need to get especially mad at him, and the game can get back to it's normal pace.

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Lingchih
November 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Are you going to send Calista to AI Argitoth? He(she?) does occasionally play a turn, even though he doesn't communicate. I'm fine with it either way.

Cainehill
November 4th, 2004, 07:14 PM
archaeolept said:
you know, if a player stales a few turns, it is standard practice just to force him to go AI (using master pass); then you don't need to get especially mad at him

Unless he was your neighbor with a peace treaty that the AI of course doesn't honor, in which case it's not inappropriate to get especially mad. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Argitoth
November 4th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Lingchih said:
Are you going to send Calista to AI Argitoth? He(she?) does occasionally play a turn, even though he doesn't communicate. I'm fine with it either way.

If Callistas went AI, it would totally ruin our game.

Argitoth
November 4th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Zooko said:They are all busy researching some powerful new spells, perhaps?

Heh heh! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif

Argitoth
November 5th, 2004, 10:59 AM
TURN 33

Lingchih
November 6th, 2004, 02:08 AM
TURN 34 is up.

deccan
November 6th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Turn 35 is up.

Zooko
November 6th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Argitoth! That battle was hilarious! A real roller-coaster. But what happened to your god -- did he die of fatigue at the end?

Zooko
November 6th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Oh, no, I see Argitoth the Father of Serpents tower over the others in a nearby province. I was looking at the wrong battle report.

deccan
November 6th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Turn 36 is up.

Lingchih
November 7th, 2004, 12:02 AM
WHAT? Is it gang up on Vanheim Day?

Argitoth
November 7th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Zooko said:
Argitoth! That battle was hilarious! A real roller-coaster. But what happened to your god -- did he die of fatigue at the end?

PSH!!! LOL That battle *was* funny. But don't you think EVERYTHING ELSE on the battlefield would have died first? seeing as how my pretender has 20 times more health than any unit including lots of regeneration? hmm?

Reverend Zombie
November 7th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Turn 37.

Zooko
November 8th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Turn 38 is up. Callistas either staled or took his turn but didn't post to the thread about the new turn.

deccan
November 8th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Looks to me like he staled cos he hasn't done his turn.

Argitoth
November 8th, 2004, 11:20 AM
deccan said:
Looks to me like he staled cos he hasn't done his turn.

man took his turn

Zooko
November 8th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Funny that he didn't go ahead and take his turn 38.

Cainehill
November 8th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Zooko said:
Funny that he didn't go ahead and take his turn 38.

Not really - some people prefer to take some time away from the game, to think over what they're going to do. Not so much in the early game, but definately by whenever there's wars between player nations.

Lingchih
November 10th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Turn whatever, is up. I think it is turn 40. Hard to keep track when you are getting hammered like I am.

Lingchih
November 10th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Hammered as in beaten like a dog, not getting drunk. Although a few beers sound nice at this point.

Cainehill
November 10th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Lingchih said:
Hammered as in beaten like a dog, not getting drunk. Although a few beers sound nice at this point.

Heh. Had a very nice pumpkin ale here today; went to my favored IPA after a pint, but thought the spices were rather nice. Good stuff, if not quite as good as the brewpub back in TPA.

Lingchih
November 10th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Well, you know, we have the best handcrafted ales, as well as brewpubs, up here in the PNW, but that doesn't always jibe too well with a well-played turn. Still, it lets you deal with those humiliating losses a little better.

Argitoth
November 11th, 2004, 01:24 AM
TURN 41

Reverend Zombie
November 11th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Tuen 42.

Zooko
November 12th, 2004, 05:26 PM
It is now Fall in the year 4 of the ascension wars.

Argitoth
November 13th, 2004, 12:28 AM
<font color="blue">Hosting will be at 5pm EST unless someone
specifically states they need more time.</font>

deccan
November 13th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Heh? Did you delay hosting on my account?

Argitoth
November 13th, 2004, 12:56 AM
No, delayed because some of us need more time to finish our turn even though we ended it. I do. I think Lingchih also does.

Argitoth
November 13th, 2004, 06:23 AM
If everyone is ready for me to host, reply telling me so. I'll host as soon as everyone has replied. (excluding Callistas) Or I'll host at the designated time.

deccan
November 13th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Well, I'm fine here.

Zooko
November 13th, 2004, 06:58 AM
I'm ready.

Reverend Zombie
November 13th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Rrready!

Lingchih
November 13th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Host away.

Argitoth
November 13th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Lol, dispite your responces, I wasn't able to host...

IRL stuff... TURN 44

Reverend Zombie
November 14th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Turn 45.

Zooko
November 15th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Uh-oh. Argitoth has this combo where his mages cast "Swarm" and then when the dragonflies die they turn into Manikins. And then when my troops die *they* turn into Manikins.

Is anyone besides me interested in Dispelling his global spell? Would it be worth it or could he throw it back up again as fast as we could dispell it?

I can't cast Dispell yet, myself, but I can contribute some Pearls.

Any other advice? You know it's in your best interest for Argitoth and me to keep slugging it out in the southern hemisphere, rather than for him to march over my entire nation with this combo.

Signed,

Bphlah the Firey

deccan
November 15th, 2004, 09:22 AM
It only works in his dominion. Try pushing his dominion back.

Zooko
November 15th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: On the other hand, I hate to call back these armies that are rampaging in his undefended hinterland. Maybe I'll let them keep rampaging until the swarms of Manikins overcome them...

Argitoth
November 15th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Zooko said:

Edit: On the other hand, I hate to call back these armies that are rampaging in his undefended hinterland. Maybe I'll let them keep rampaging until the swarms of Manikins overcome them...

Zooko, you just don't have any idea how well defended they actually are.

Zooko
November 15th, 2004, 12:43 PM
It's winter in the year 4 of the Ascension Wars. Man missed his turn. :-(

Lingchih
November 15th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Zooko said:
It's winter in the year 4 of the Ascension Wars. Man missed his turn. :-(

Good. Maybe that means I was able to keep at least one of the four provinces I have left. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/Injured.gif

deccan
November 16th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Turn 47 is up.

Argitoth
November 17th, 2004, 02:38 AM
Argitoth said:

Zooko said:

Zooko, you just don't have any idea how well defended they actually are.

I told you they were defended! Now it is my turn ti say, "I will rampage through your undefended provinces!" Marignon, I want to crush you. With you out of the game, I will be able to move on to bigger and better things.

Zooko
November 17th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Ugh. I lost my Arena-champion prophet paladin to a "retreated into enemy territory". Likewise, I lost a small army of white knights led by a paladin. You sent ghoul paratroopers to take the province that those guys were set to retreat to. If I'd had just a few more provincial defense, my priests might have been able to banish all of your ghouls and manikins. Maybe. We'll see. :-)

Zooko
November 17th, 2004, 02:20 PM
NEW TURN

Lingchih
November 18th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Zooko said:
Ugh. I lost my Arena-champion prophet paladin to a "retreated into enemy territory". Likewise, I lost a small army of white knights led by a paladin. You sent ghoul paratroopers to take the province that those guys were set to retreat to. If I'd had just a few more provincial defense, my priests might have been able to banish all of your ghouls and manikins. Maybe. We'll see. :-)

At least you got rid of that annoying Trident.

Zooko
November 18th, 2004, 12:15 PM
New turn is available. Man was the Last one who was supposed to go Last time I looked. I don't know if the time elapsed and he missed his turn or if he went and didn't post to this forum about it.

Argitoth
November 18th, 2004, 07:05 PM
<font color="blue">The server will not be forced saturday and
sunday this weekend. Reply if you will not be
available during Thanksgiving week.</font>

Zooko
November 18th, 2004, 11:02 PM
What are you talking about? Thanksgiving is in October!

Lingchih
November 19th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Zooko said:
What are you talking about? Thanksgiving is in October!

No, that's Halloween. I know, I get the two confused too.

Zooko
November 19th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Hey, there's a new turn up! I guess Man must have missed his turn or else taken and not posted about it again.

Argitoth
November 20th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Sorry for taking long, new turn! 52. Timer off

deccan
November 22nd, 2004, 09:14 AM
Turn 53 is up.

Argitoth
November 23rd, 2004, 01:38 AM
Turn 54 and Haunted Forest has been dispelled. While I'm extremely pissed, I do know I'm far from dead.

I have another surprise comming and whoever dispelled me spent a lot of astral gems, and that's always good to know.

Lingchih
November 23rd, 2004, 03:40 AM
Damnit, I want some credit. I'm having my *** kicked, and yet I am still playing this game. I know Callistas does not particpate in this forum, but I ams still fighting him to the best of my abilities. Hail Vanheim... send some troops my way.

Zooko
November 23rd, 2004, 12:20 PM
Kudos for a brave fight, Lingchih! Never give up!

Zooko
November 23rd, 2004, 10:49 PM
It's fall in the year 5 of the Ascension War.

I guess Rev. Zombie forgot to post a note here when he started taking his turn.

Lingchih
November 23rd, 2004, 11:45 PM
Sorry for the questionable language. I was a bit frustrated. Anyway, I'm going AI next turn. Man is about to take my capitol, and I have nothing left to put up a fight with. Enjoy the gifts everyone.

Zooko
November 24th, 2004, 09:50 AM
New turn is up! Not sure if Man took his turn or missed it.

Argitoth
November 25th, 2004, 03:54 AM
<font color="blue">The server will be halted for a holiday in
adition for Ermor and Man not having taken their turns yet.</font>

Zooko
November 26th, 2004, 08:52 AM
New turn is up! I guess Callistas took his move.

deccan
November 26th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Turn 58 is up.

Argitoth
November 26th, 2004, 09:01 PM
24 hosting resumed!

Zooko
November 27th, 2004, 04:59 PM
New turn!

Argitoth
November 27th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Ermor is no more a master of the dead than C'tis.

Zooko
November 27th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Hm.

What are you TALKING about?

Was there some contact between the nations of Ermor and C'tis?

Was there a global spell event that I missed?

Inquiring flaming heads want to know!

--Bphlah the Firey and Curious

deccan
November 27th, 2004, 09:03 PM
I have no idea what he means either. So far as I know there is still no contact between Ermor and C'tis. Maybe it simply means that he's managed to research undead mastery or started making Tartarians or something.

Zooko
November 27th, 2004, 09:15 PM
I wonder what those two things are.

--Bphlah the Firey and Curious

Argitoth
November 27th, 2004, 09:56 PM
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/evil.gif Heheheh, it's a hint of what's to come.

Reverend Zombie
November 28th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Next turn is up.

Zooko
November 28th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Argitoth: what Version of Dominions 2 are you running on the server? I just watched a battle against independents in which about 13 of my units were killed, but at the end of the battle it reported that only 3 of my units were killed. This kind of disparity normally happens if the client is running a different Version than the host. However, I'm running 2.14 -- the latest publically available patch. Any idea what's going on?

Argitoth
November 29th, 2004, 03:07 AM
maybe you should try reinstalling dom2. take all the files you need first.

but im definitely running the latest patch.

Zooko
November 29th, 2004, 07:52 AM
I just double-checked to see if this was really happening. I started a battle against independents with 10 flagellants. During the battle, 7 died, leaving 3 flagellants. After the battle, I had all 10 again.

Actually it seems unlikely that I could have won that battle without losing any flagellants even if the die rolls were different.

I have not heard that re-installing Dom2 has any effect, and I don't know where my CD is. I will ask on another thread for help.

Zooko
November 29th, 2004, 01:27 PM
The next turn will be up in a few minutes!

deccan
November 30th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Server appears to be down?

deccan
November 30th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Server is still down. I e-mailed Argitoth on gmail but I suppose he is asleep. I'm going to sleep myself now. Hopefully Argitoth will stop the game before I stale.

Zooko
November 30th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Server is still unreachable by me.

Reverend Zombie
November 30th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Zooko said:
Server is still unreachable by me.

Me too. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Argitoth
December 1st, 2004, 03:22 AM
hey the server has been working for a while. both of you happened to try to login while my internet wasn't ... working... or something.

im not hosting until all turns have been taken.

Argitoth
December 1st, 2004, 03:31 AM
<font color="blue">That's weird. My WAN IP changed after my internet came on
again. Sorry it took so long for me to figure this out. Next
time send multiple e-mails. Spam me if you need to.

IP: 68.228.204.245</font>

deccan
December 2nd, 2004, 07:47 AM
I guess now we know what Argitoth means about being a master of death...

I've considered casting Well of Misery myself but I suspected that you guys would just shoot it down.

Zooko
December 2nd, 2004, 09:28 AM
Why shut it down? Doesn't it improve my economy?

Hey Argitoth: thanks!

Argitoth
December 3rd, 2004, 02:33 AM
24 Hosting restarted.

deccan
December 3rd, 2004, 05:50 AM
Actually, I would like to request a permanent shift to 48 hours QH if all the other players agree. Currently, I need about two hours to do a turn in this game, and Last night I had to go to bed at 1 am to complete the turn.

Zooko
December 3rd, 2004, 07:03 AM
I was thinking 48 hours quickhost would be good.

I have a job, a family, a new house, a new Athlon64 server, and I *used* to have other hobbies.

Maybe Argitoth will suddenly destroy my entire nation with his pile of miserable death gems and I'll suddenly have some more free time.

Argitoth
December 4th, 2004, 02:29 AM
<font color="blue">You will now have 48 hours to complete
your turn. Good luck.</font>

sorry for taking so long on that Last turn.

Zooko
December 4th, 2004, 10:51 AM
What good is a doomsday device if you don't TELL anyone!?

My shiny new deterrent is the spell "Doom". As far as I can tell, it is impossible for any attacker to avoid being cursed if he attacks my territory. So don't try it!

Also, my diligent national defense mages are practicing up on the spells of Blindness, Seven Year Fever, and Horror Mark.

Zooko
December 4th, 2004, 12:14 PM
everyone who hasn't moved is currently connected, so new turn soon!

edit: false alarm -- Deccan disconnected without committing his turn.

deccan
December 4th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Sorry to have kept you waiting, but I simply logged in to download the latest turn to do it offline. This time it took more than 2 hours.

As for game news, I'm now moving against Man. My NAP with TC is still holding, but it can't be a good thing that I'm catching three or four TC scouts in my territory every turn.

Argitoth
December 5th, 2004, 03:34 AM
T'ien Ch'i. You will pay for touching my homeland. Prepare yourself for total annihilation.

Zooko
December 6th, 2004, 09:07 AM
whee! new turn!

Argitoth
December 6th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Yes, and T'ien Ch'i doesn't heed my warning. I will destroy his pretender.

Reverend Zombie
December 6th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Argitoth said:
Yes, and T'ien Ch'i doesn't heed my warning.

You said "prepare for total annihilation." I am prepared.

Argitoth
December 7th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Oh, lol!

Don't worry. I have PLENTY of death gems now that Well of Misery has been cast. By the time you meet my army created from pure death gems, your army will be half dead... or half alive. It all depends if you think the glass is half empty... or maybe half full?

Zooko
December 7th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Connection failed to server!

Argitoth
December 8th, 2004, 11:30 AM
TURN 66

deccan
December 9th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Turn 67 should be up. I won't upload again tonight. Too late for that.

deccan
December 9th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Wow, I seem to have enslaved Man's Bane Lord prophet. Now I have two prophets, one a non-commander. I wonder if I should GOR him or keep him as my pretender's personal bodyguard...

Argitoth
December 10th, 2004, 11:14 PM
<font color="blue">I had to temporarily move the computer out
of my room. The server is now up! I'll give Man 15 hours to
take his turn.</font>

Argitoth
December 10th, 2004, 11:56 PM
TURN 68!

Argitoth
December 13th, 2004, 02:52 AM
TURN 69!

Now I question; am I to be defeated by T'ien Ch'i?

Zooko
December 13th, 2004, 05:17 AM
I'm about to leave to go to the airport, so I won't make my move for around 24 hours or more. I'm going to attempt to download the turn data by connecting and then hitting "Quit without saving". If this accidentally commits a useless null move for me, could you please turn off quickhost until I connected later and upload my actual move?