PDA

View Full Version : FL Rheinland Cruiser and audio mod UPDATED V 1.1

Dungeon_master
February 24th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Here is my newest creation. The Rheinland Cruiser from Freelancer together with audio mod.

Features:

1 A massive Rheinland Cruiser :-) armed with 6 weapons 2 of them being the upgraded Mass Drivers from Sith Decimator mod. 4 System slots enable a good upgradeability. The ship has 8 cargo holds. A thing you will notice is the very high movement spped and the slow turning. The ship is not capable of ramming but with a good shield and a cloaker it will kill a corvette or two because of its high speed. The audio mod makes sound more intence in battles and replaces the bridge ambience (not the other extra radio sounds and beeps and crew sppech) with a theme from Freelancer (the Liberty music when cruising without hostile around. The combat music comes from the Rheinland combat theme. And there are some other small music themes updated (find them yourself). The mod wheighs 2.7MB so download time should be short. On a last note the ship replaces all terran ship in ship selection screen so you can play the mission you like with that excellent ship.

<font color="red"> UPDATE!!!!!!! </font>
<font color="red"> ------------- </font>

1: Hardpoint locations optimised

2: Firing Arcs balanced

3: Filtering problem at rear of ship fixed (yellow dots appearing on high resolutions)

<font color="red">DOWNLOAD OPTIONS</font>
<font color="red">----------------</font>

1: Download the patch to version 1.1 which has only 70 KB size. Only if you already have the version 1 of the mod.
Download HERE (http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=34217) .

2: Download the full mod with the patch intergrated. Before installing delete the older mod folder (if you already have version 1) from your Weird worlds directory. Download HERE (http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=34215) .

Both downlads arein a self extracting archive. Check the default path (the default path used in Weird Worlds installation). If incorrect browse to the Weird Worlds directory indicated on the self extracting archive info box.

Thnx for playing.

Contact me at dungeonmaster@mail.gr

Mobbex
June 25th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Too bad you don't have a mac version...

Ace_Garp
June 25th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Use Stuffit Expander.
Just drop the .exe file onto it, and it'll expand it for you.
I've just tried it on my PowerBook, and it works!
Never knew it could do that.

Michaelis_Rex_Ailurii
July 4th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Just a word of warning when you install this mod...

I encountered a problem with installation. When I installed it, the Rheinland Cruiser mod didn't appear in the list of available mods on the Weird Worlds launch screen.

It turns out that the .exe file is trying to extract to the wrong directory. The default for the .exe file is to extract to \program files\shARpnel games\..., instead of to \program files\ShRApnel games\...

When I moved the Rheinland Cruiser directory to the Shrapnel games\weird worlds directory, it showed up properly in the launch screen.