PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think an item like this has a place?

BigJMoney
September 19th, 2006, 12:45 AM
"Arrow of Slaying" Artifact
(or "Arrow of Seeking")

Ranged weapon
One handed
1 Ammo
Precision 100
Range 50
999 Armor Negating

Ballbarian
September 19th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Sounds like a super duper SC killer. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Endoperez
September 19th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Sorry, but no. You can't order anyone to Fire at Commanders. Because of that, it'd most probably be wasted - except in e.g. arena matches, or assassinations,and we don't need this kind of a weapon for either of those.

Ethereal Crossbow is more balanced version of this. It should be possible to mod the weapon the item gives, to change the precision, range and ammo values to change it, if you wanted. However, I don't think there's point in that.

DominionsFan
September 19th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Endoperez said:
Sorry, but no. You can't order anyone to Fire at Commanders. Because of that, it'd most probably be wasted - except in e.g. arena matches, or assassinations,and we don't need this kind of a weapon for either of those.

Ethereal Crossbow is more balanced version of this. It should be possible to mod the weapon the item gives, to change the precision, range and ammo values to change it, if you wanted. However, I don't think there's point in that.

I agree. Weapons like these are definitely unecessary in the vanilla game, but perhaps you want to make a mod, and you can use it there. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nerfix
September 19th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Overpowered.

BigJMoney
September 20th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Ah, well that answers that :-)

How about this: It's a one-shot artifact. Once it's used, it's gone until it's forged again by someone. I believe it would be the only one in the whole game. I wonder what gems would be appropriate for it. I was thinking something other than Death, Blood or Astral, since those paths already give lots of assassination capabilities. I was thinking either Air or Nature, or possibly a little bit of all the elements combined.

=$=

Endoperez
September 20th, 2006, 02:31 PM
BigJMoney said:

How about this: It's a one-shot artifact. Once it's used, it's gone until it's forged again by someone. I believe it would be the only one in the whole game. I wonder what gems would be appropriate for it. I was thinking something other than Death, Blood or Astral, since those paths already give lots of assassination capabilities. I was thinking either Air or Nature, or possibly a little bit of all the elements combined.

Well... Vision's Foe is an Arbalest which deals armor-negating damage. Air and Death, but Death is more for the eye loss. Air and Earth for an armor-negating bow with good damage... That could work as an artifact. It could have high Precision (Longbow of Accuracy).

Of course, there's always the "Jotun Sling of Accuracy", dam 3+str and Prec 5... a boulder ammo graphics already exist!

DominionsFan
September 20th, 2006, 05:33 PM
BigJMoney said:

=$=

Actually your weapon idea is even hardcore to be added into a mod. I mean this weapon is like using a nuclear bomb to kill a single person. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Also there should be a chance that the weapon just won't hit. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Endoperez
September 20th, 2006, 06:03 PM
100 precision makes missing pretty rare, barring Air Shield.

Frostmourne27
September 20th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Endoperez said:
Of course, there's always the "Jotun Sling of Accuracy", dam 3+str and Prec 5... a boulder ammo graphics already exist!

Maybe AOE 1 and fire rate 1/turn? that'd be a neat artifact... E2A2 maybe? Powerfull with heroic strength...

Gandalf Parker
September 20th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Its not the item itself, its how it can be stacked. The original numbers you had might not have been bad if they were achievable by pairing this item with a strength item and an aim-boosting item, AND if it still wouldnt be absolute if the other guy had a shield item and an armor item.
See what I mean?

Balancing is so hard to do.

Wick
September 21st, 2006, 02:51 AM
Well... Vision's Foe is an Arbalest which deals armor-negating damage. Air and Death, but Death is more for the eye loss. Air and Earth for an armor-negating bow with good damage... That could work as an artifact. It could have high Precision (Longbow of Accuracy).

You mean Piercer? Crossbow with 12AN, prec 10 for Air 5 + Earth 5. Level 4, I think.

Endoperez
September 21st, 2006, 05:30 AM
No, I mean Vision's Foe (A1D1, Constr. 2), dam: 17 (AN) arbalest with precision 10. It can fire once in three turns and every hit causes eyeloss.