PDA

View Full Version : 'Finding' Sprites

MTCason
October 8th, 2006, 12:09 PM
So I'm wanting to mod a Pretender or two. My one great dilemma is finding their sprites so I can make sure my mod corresponds to the correct graphics. How the heck do I find the number for a certain sprite? There appear to be no graphic files for any units in the D3 directory, unless they're in some kind of archived file. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Twan
October 8th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Hum... If you want to find and use sprites of existing pretenders as they are you can create a game with the pretender then type shift+I when you are on the pretender stats screen to have their ID. Then when making your mod create a #newmonster and use #copyspr (id) to give the sprites to the modded pretender (any monster is a pretender if you give him a #pathcost stat).

If you want to edit existing sprites, it's harder. You need to take screenshots, then copy paste the two sprites and convert the final images to tga format and re-give them to the pretender with #spr1 and #spr2 commands.

PS: a sprites thumbnail from dom2 has been made can be found somewhere.

Frostmourne27
October 10th, 2006, 12:11 AM
If its an old dom2 sprite they can all be found at www.dom2minions.com/~minion/icons/ (http://www.dom2minions.com/~minion/icons/) (that address is not supposed to get posted all over the place - piracy is common enough as is.) Also, there are not attack sprites there, but if you are sprite editing, you can probably make your own.