PDA

View Full Version : New Mod: Rejuvenate (update to v1.0)

rrongol
December 11th, 2006, 10:01 PM
VERSION 1.0:

Added gem costs. Thanks DrPraetorious!
Spells can now be cast underwater.

VERSION 0.9:

I hate the whole age system in Dominions 3. I wish we could just turn it off. Worst of all, the only spell that cures old age is Rejuvenate, a blood spell, and I don't like the whole human sacrifice thing. I'd rather be the good guys.

So, being stubborn, I sat down and figured out which #effect modifies age and came up with new spells for several of the other paths. The attached mod contains several new Rejuvenate spells. There is even one that makes the caster one thousand years younger, so you can fix up that old tree lord. It's version 0.9 because I can't see how to specify the gem cost. Did I miss something obvious?

-----

Technical info:

Rejuvenate is #effect 10101, and set #damage equal to the number of years to age the caster, a negative number makes the caster younger.

-----

Example:

#newspell
#name "Rejuvenate (Nature) 10 years"
#descr "Each casting of the spell makes the mage ten years younger."
#school 4
#researchlevel 6
#path 0 6
#pathlevel 0 1
#damage -10
#effect 10101
#fatiguecost 1000
#spec 8388608
#end

-----

UninspiredName
December 11th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Ooh, that would mean you could make combat spells that <I>age</I> their affected target... (Yup, I like the Aging system)

At any rate, this is a good find. I'm always a big fan of recording effect numbers.

DrPraetorious
December 12th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Actually I think it would let you make spells that age the *caster*.

rrongol - setting the fatigue cost usually sets the gem cost as well, so
#fatiguecost 500

Sets a spell to cost 5 gems.

As an alternative to adding these spells, you could also select all the mages in order, and give them this flag
#startage -50

Or something, which will make them all very young.

UninspiredName
December 12th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Doesn't really make sense to have a combat spell that ages the caster... Permanent, self-affecting stuff like that is usually in the 'ritual' area.

At any rate, I tried effect number 101 and saw no affect. How unfortunate...

rrongol
December 12th, 2006, 09:47 PM
DrPraetorious:

Thanks for the tip on #fatiguecost. I see it in the manual now. So this sets the gem cost for ritual spells too? For some reason I was expecting a #gemcost tag.

I started out by changing the startage or maxage for some units. Adding new spells sounded like an interesting thing to try next. Dominions is fun to mod.

Endoperez
December 13th, 2006, 06:19 AM
There already is a combat spell that ages the target. It's called "Decay".

There is a way to disable aging. It's quite simple, too. It just requires a script to make, as otherwise it'd take quite some time.

#selectmonster 1
#maxage 10000
#end

#selectmonster 2
#maxage 10000
#end

#selectmonster 3
#maxage 10000
#end

#selectmonster 4
#maxage 10000
#end