PDA

View Full Version : strange error

Makinus
December 29th, 2006, 06:33 AM
SEIV started with a strange error in my games, it is not game-killing but very annoying, so if someone can help me understand what is happening....

First, iīm using SEIV 1.94 with Devnull mod and some personal modifications, i normally play small cluster quadrants with maximum AIs (19), simultaneous turns...

Now, every game i start, around turn 40 or so, when processing the game turn, it sometimes show the message "Unable to load empire file [name of the savegame]_0001.plr" (substitute [name of the savegame] for the savegame name)...

Even with the message, the turn processes normally, but sometimes SEIV loses all orders i gave in the last turn... The message donīt happen every time the turn processes, and if i manually save the game before processing the turn i can be sure it will not appear, but sometimes i forgot to save before processing, the message appear, and i the game loses all my orders from the previous turn...

Any idea whatīs happening?

Thanks

Makinus
February 9th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Apparently the error was a corrupted .exe, i installed SEIV again and the error disappered...

Makinus
February 14th, 2007, 09:22 AM
The error came back, but i figured it now, itīs some kind of incompatibility with SEIV and Google Desktop...
If you have Google Desktop running in the background it sometimes gave this error, but if you disable Google Desktop while playing the error donīt appear...